Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old November 18th, 2014, 11:01 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: HoSS Online - Season 2: Submit Armies and Maps!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
I am intrigued by the bidding format, but I share the same concern as dok when combining it with a take 2 variant. How are bidding formats usually done? By army card instead of army? Or if you get multiple armies how do you utilize then in a matchup?
All of the bidding rules are in the OP under HoSS Rules for Bidding. I think that will answer your questions.

Bidding is done by army.
Old November 18th, 2014, 11:10 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'm still unclear why you are doing both bidding and CtC. What is my motivation for bidding up a strong army if I'm playing Cut the Cake anyway?

Why not just do one or the other?
Old November 21st, 2014, 11:29 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
I am intrigued by the bidding format, but I share the same concern as dok when combining it with a take 2 variant. How are bidding formats usually done? By army card instead of army? Or if you get multiple armies how do you utilize then in a matchup?
All of the bidding rules are in the OP under HoSS Rules for Bidding. I think that will answer your questions.

Bidding is done by army.
So the OP didn't answer my questions about how auction formats are traditionally done. I did my own digging and found that traditionally they are done in conjunction with winning 2 armies and then you playing those 2 armies for the remainder of the format.

It seems to be, as dok has voiced, that using a Bring 2 format negates the Auction format intent. I care a whole lot less about what armies I get in the auction if I can just pick 1 out of 4 armies during the actual format gameplay.

My favorite Auction format I saw was where is was alternating PYP and Straight Pick of your two armies.
Old November 21st, 2014, 12:50 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I'll update the OP when I'm home on a computer.
Old November 21st, 2014, 12:54 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

I submitted 2 hilarious armies. Im excited to see who bids on them...lol
Old November 21st, 2014, 01:07 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Shouldn't this wait until we release the Bounty Hunters? It's silly to ask people to submit armies early when there are new figures coming before the season starts.
Old November 21st, 2014, 02:40 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I agree with A-v...especially considering how close the BH's are
Old November 21st, 2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Shouldn't this wait until we release the Bounty Hunters? It's silly to ask people to submit armies early when there are new figures coming before the season starts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I agree with A-v...especially considering how close the BH's are
I'm way ahead of you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
You are free to submit the form as many times as you'd like, so you can submit armies now and once the Bounty Hunters are released.
Old November 21st, 2014, 04:49 PM

@dok and @kevindola

You guys would do this:

Quote:
Straight Pick Two: Players choose their own army
Pick Your Poison: Players choose their opponent’s army

When you choose an army for a player (whether yourself or your opponent) it must be one of the two armies that that player purchased.
???
Old November 21st, 2014, 04:50 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

That's a much better use of the auction format, yeah. It makes me want to have two strong armies.
Old November 24th, 2014, 01:40 PM

Bounty Hunters are released! Feel free to submit as many times as you want (please limit it to 2 maps and 3 armies per submission though).

Boba Fett
IG-88B
Bossk
Dengar
4-LOM
Zuckuss

Map submissions will be due December 14th, with tournament maps revealed December 21st. Army submissions will also be due December 21st. Bidding will start December 22nd and end January 2nd. Supplemental Draft will start January 3rd and end January 4th. The tournament will start January 5th and last until February 1st, with the playoffs starting February 2nd and ending depending on the amount of rounds there are (each round lasting one week).

Last edited by Sheep; November 24th, 2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old December 1st, 2014, 01:27 PM

2 weeks for map submissions and 3 weeks for army submissions!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events