Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old November 13th, 2014, 08:34 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
HoSS Online - Season 2: Submit Armies and Maps!!!

HoSS Online - Season 2: Bidding War!!!

Submit Armies and Maps Here!*
*Note on submissions:
-Submitting Maps: Map Name - Map Maker's Name (ex: Sirocco - mad_wookie)
-Submitting Armies: Unit's Name (ex: General Veers + AT-ST x2 + Syvarris)
Games are played using the online Heroscape interface. Links to how-to-play videos below:
Spoiler Alert!

HoSS Army Submissions
  • Armies are to be 600-points with a maximum of 24 hexes.
  • Armies may share figures.
  • Each army must contain at least one HoSS Army Card.
  • Eligible HoSS figures include any figures in the Archives (and the Bounty Hunters when they are released).
  • C3V is allowed. No Marvel or C3G.
HoSS Rules for Bidding
Quote:
  • Players are given 100 credits to bid on armies.
    • Minimum bid of 1 credit.
    • Minimum increases of 1 credit increments.
    • Players do not have to spend all of their credits.
      • Unspent credits are lost.
      • Cannot be transferred to another player.
  • Players MUST buy 2 armies. These will be your armies for the whole tournament.
    • Players may only win up to one of the armies they submitted.
  • A player may not have the highest bid on more than 2 armies at a time.
  • Once you’ve bid on an army you may not retract that bid (except to remove an illegal bid -- highest bid on more than 2 armies, or over budget -- and the removed bid may only be last bid placed).
  • If any players end the auction with <2 armies, they select an army from the remaining pool in order from most remaining money to least remaining money.
    • If any players have <2 armies after the supplemental draft, the process is repeated.
    • If two or more players have equal amount of remaining money, 20-sided roll determines order.
  • If any player ends the auction over budget or with more than 2 armies, all of their armies are added to the supplemental draft pool.
    • That player participates in the supplemental draft as if they have $-1
HoSS How Silent Auctions Work
Quote:
Once all of the army submissions are in and the submissions timetable is up, all of the armies will be taken and each one will into its separate column in a Google Spreadsheet, where players will bid on them. This will last for about a week and whoever has the highest bid for an army at the end of the auction wins that army.

Example:

HoSS Bring 2 - Straight Pick
  • Before each game, there will be a dice-off, done by the tournament organizers. The winner of the dice-off chooses first army choice or second army choice.
  • Whoever has first army choice may choose either of their two armies. The other player may then choose either of their two armies.
  • The player who lost the dice-off decides who places their (entire) army first. Whoever places first has the choice of either startzone.

HoSS Bring 2 - Pick Your Poison
  • Before each game, there will be a dice-off, done by the tournament organizers. The winner of the dice-off chooses first opponent's army choice or second opponent's army choice.
  • Whoever has first opponent's army choice may choose either of their opponent's two armies for their opponent to play. The other player may then choose either of their opponent's two armies for their opponent to play.
  • The player who lost the dice-off decides who places their (entire) army first. Whoever places first has the choice of either startzone.
The regular season will last four weeks, with one game each week. After the regular season ends there will be a single elimination bracket for the top finishers.

Prizes
TBD

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Glyphs & Traps:
Spoiler Alert!

Players in the event:
  1. N/A

Last edited by Sheep; November 24th, 2014 at 02:55 PM.
Old November 13th, 2014, 08:43 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: HoSS Online - Season 2

I see this is still a work in progress. When are the bounty hunters being released?
Old November 13th, 2014, 08:48 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
I see this is still a work in progress. When are the bounty hunters being released?
Soon.

Visit this site to submit armies and maps to be used in Season 2.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11My...rFQ78/viewform

Just because you submit armies or maps does not mean that you are signed up and just because you didn't submit armies or maps, does not mean you can't sign up. You are free to submit up to 2 maps and 3 armies, and you do not have to submit armies or maps if you don't want to.

HoSS Army Submissions
  • Armies are to be 600-points with a maximum of 24 hexes.
  • Armies may share figures.
  • Each army must contain at least one HoSS Army Card.
  • Eligible HoSS figures include any figures in the Archives (and the Bounty Hunters when they are released).
  • C3V is allowed. No Marvel or C3G.

You are free to submit the form as many times as you'd like, so you can submit armies now and once the Bounty Hunters are released.

I'm going to keep the format a secret, but I think it should be fun. Just gets those maps and armies in (especially the armies!).

Last edited by Sheep; November 13th, 2014 at 09:11 PM.
Old November 13th, 2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I'm going to keep the format a secret, but I think it should be fun. Just gets those maps and armies in (especially the armies!).
I guess I should say it will be a regular Bring 2 tourney, but how you get your armies will be a little different...

Format will go as follows:

Bring 2 - Cut The Cake: Kill 'Em All
  • Before each game, there will be a dice-off, done by the tournament organizers. The winner of the dice-off chooses either choice of the two armies used, or first choice between the two armies.
  • Whoever has choice of the two armies used will choose which two of the four armies will be used in that game.
  • The other player will then choose which of the two armies they want to play, leaving the other one for their opponent to play.
  • The loser of the diceoff will then choose whether to place his army first or second.

The regular season will last four weeks, with one game each week. After the regular season ends there will be a single elimination bracket for the top finishers.
Old November 13th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: HoSS Online - Season 2: Submit Armies and Maps!!!

Quote:
Whoever has choice of the two armies used will choose which two of the four armies will be used in that game.

Shouldn't there be a clause at the end that the dice-off winner can defer that choice to their opponent? I know that the first line kind of states this already, but it's best for clarity IMO.

(BTW, I do like that you're using the CtC format for this event!)

EDIT:

Also, to the form; shouldn't it say "list the 2 armies you are playing"?

Or, are you going with something completely different here? We submit armies and maps as a group, and then mass draw armies for CtC?
Old November 13th, 2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Whoever has choice of the two armies used will choose which two of the four armies will be used in that game.

Shouldn't there be a clause at the end that the dice-off winner can defer that choice to their opponent? I know that the first line kind of states this already, but it's best for clarity IMO.

(BTW, I do like that you're using the CtC format for this event!)
There probably should be a clause. Let me add it quick.

EDIT: Actually, no there shouldn't a clause because the dice-off winner chooses either pick of two armies used or first choice of the two armies.

This is the same format used in Online Season 12 when you beat me, so yeah, I bet you do like that I'm using CTC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
EDIT:

Also, to the form; shouldn't it say "list the 2 armies you are playing"?

Or, are you going with something completely different here? We submit armies and maps as a group, and then mass draw armies for CtC?
Alright, since you asked, I bet more are gonna ask. And I've also been thinking about it and the format in which we get our armies will probably effect the army types submitted, so here we go! Based off of: Valley War II: Bidding War; Modesto, CA, 7/21/12

Quote:
Rules for bidding:
  • Players are given $100 to bid on armies.
    • Minimum bid $1.
    • Minimum increases in $1 increments.
    • Players do not have to spend all their money
      • Unspent money is lost.
      • Cannot be transferred to another player.
  • Players MUST buy 2 armies.
    • Players may only win up to one of the armies they submitted.
  • A player may not have the highest bid on more than 2 armies at a time.
  • Once you’ve bid on an army you may not retract that bid (except to remove an illegal bid -- highest bid on more than 2 armies, or over budget -- and the removed bid may only be last bid placed).
  • If any players end the auction with <2 armies, they select an army from the remaining pool in order from most remaining money to least remaining money.
    • If any players have <2 armies after the supplemental draft, the process is repeated.
    • If two or more players have equal amount of remaining money, 20-sided roll determines order.
  • If any player ends the auction over budget or with more than 2 armies, all of their armies are added to the supplemental draft pool.
    • That player participates in the supplemental draft as if they have $-1
So once the submission timetable is up (whenever that is), I'll take all of the Armies and throw them into separate columns a Google Spreadsheet and all of the players that want to play will bid on armies (bidding would be equal to signing up).

This is an example of the Google Spreadsheet.

I'm debating whether I should put the full armies in the Spreadsheet, or post them here (title them) and let people bid over on the Spreadsheet. Either way, you would just sign your name below the last person to bid on that army.

Last edited by Sheep; November 13th, 2014 at 10:11 PM.
Old November 13th, 2014, 10:13 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

So once everyone submits their two 600 point armies, they will be pooled together and everyone bids on the one's they want? Everyone ends up with 2 armies each round and then we do cut the cake from there? Did I get that right? And do we rebid after every round?
Old November 13th, 2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
So once everyone submits their two 600 point armies, they will be pooled together and everyone bids on the one's they want? Everyone ends up with 2 armies each round and then we do cut the cake from there? Did I get that right? And do we rebid after every round?
Everyone submits up to 3. Or as many as you really find necessary, since you can fill out the form as many times as you want.

We only bid to open the tournament, and those are your armies for the whole thing.

There are basically five steps:
1) 2 weeks
-Everyone submits maps and armies
2) 1 week
-Continue submitting armies
-Maps will be decided by popularity and tie-breakers by me; so not every map will be used (I'll also convert the maps that need converted to online play)
3)
-Everyone bids to get their armies
4) 4 weeks
-Tournament (this is where CtC starts)
5) 2-4 weeks (depending on amount of players)
-Playoffs
Old November 13th, 2014, 10:16 PM

Ooh, I see know. This is interesting.
Old November 13th, 2014, 11:22 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
EDIT: Actually, no there shouldn't a clause because the dice-off winner chooses either pick of two armies used or first choice of the two armies.

This is the same format used in Online Season 12 when you beat me, so yeah, I bet you do like that I'm using CTC!
Ah, okay. You copied it directly from the CtC.

Hmmm, bidding does sound interesting. Glad you posted it early.
Old November 13th, 2014, 11:29 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Not sure why you're doing bidding and bring 2 cut the cake. Bidding on cards can create balanced armies, and bring 2 cut the cake creates balanced matchups, but doing both at once seems like complication for the sake of complication. After all, why would I bid up a top tier army if it's cut the cake anyway?
Old November 18th, 2014, 11:14 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I am intrigued by the bidding format, but I share the same concern as dok when combining it with a take 2 variant. How are bidding formats usually done? By army card instead of army? Or if you get multiple armies how do you utilize then in a matchup?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events