Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old July 7th, 2018, 05:47 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (7/7/2018)

This week I worked on a few of the larger figures I had laying around that were unpainted.

This guy is the Frost Giant King by Reaper miniatures. He's a pretty cool mini that fits in well with the Frost Giants of Morh (as well as all my other frost giants).

This guy is a Balor from the Legend of Drizzt Board game. He was my last mini from the D&D Board game minis that I had to paint. I ended up painting him gray to keep him different from the pre painted Balor that I have that has the same sculpt.

This is an Ice Wyrm by Reaper miniatures. This guy was really fun to paint because of how much texture the model had which allowed for lots of nice dry brushing and washes.

The is a Spirit of the Forest made by Reaper miniatures. I ended up gluing on shrubs to his head branches to add some detail.

These are the finished Daqan Infantry from the Runewars Miniatures game, that I showed the WIP of last week.

This is a Faceless Horror (aka a Gibbering Mouther) made by Reaper miniatures. It was a lot of practice for eyes and teeth.
Old July 13th, 2018, 06:05 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (7/7/2018)

I ended buying a bunch of unpainted figures from FLGSs, I managed to paint all of them this week, resulting in me still having around 75 more figures I still need to paint. I wanted to finish all the stuff I bought this week because I'm going to take a red eye flight tonight to go on vacation for a week.

This is Alahazrah, Iconic Oracle from Reaper miniatures. I like how she ended up and I really enjoy painting PC's from the Reaper bones line.

This is another Reaper mini called a shadow hound that comes in translucent purple plastic. I like painting up translucent minis because they are fast to paint and end up looking nice with minimal effort with just a dry brush and some picked out details.

This a Displacer beast from Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures (the unpainted D&D miniatures line). This was another speed paint like the shadow hound that mainly used drybushing blue on black and picking out details like eyes and claws.

Some Runewars Miniatures game figures that go along with the spearmen that I posted last week.

Some more Runewars Miniatures game figures that go along with the skeletons that I posted earlier.

I was able to pick up some old confrontation minis for cheap, and these two are banshees. They were really fun to speed paint with a lot of dry brushing.

These are some more confrontation miniatures Dwarves that were super fun to paint and will make a great unique squad.
Old July 14th, 2018, 10:25 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (7/13/2018)

All your stuff looks great man. Really like your painting style. Are you using all these for heroscape customs or showing off your mad skills. Either way its fun to look at.

EDIT: and I can't give you any positive rep yet for your great work.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 14th, 2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
All your stuff looks great man. Really like your painting style. Are you using all these for heroscape customs or showing off your mad skills. Either way its fun to look at.

EDIT: and I can't give you any positive rep yet for your great work.
Thanks! I do plan to eventually make cards for all of these figures and more. I have folders and folders of WIP cards on my computer. Only some of the figures I have painted this week still don't have rough drafts. A lot of the stuff I try to use in D&D as well.

Also posting them here helps me stay focused, keep painting and not have unpainted plastic pile up (I used to have over 200 minis unpainted last year and now only around 75 unpainted). The number of figures I'll have to paint will jump up next year though, because I plan to get a lot of stuff off the Reaper Bones Kickstarter's pledge manager.
Old July 29th, 2018, 05:26 PM

After coming back from vacation I was ready to paint up a bunch of figures (I ended up painting 33 figures leaving 47 to go).

I ended up painting 4 more dragonborn from the Nolzur's Marvelous D&D Miniatures line giving me a total of 12 of them (3 squads of 4). The second two pictures are of the ones that I did previously.

This is a Coral Golem from Reaper miniatures. It was fun working with a bunch of bright colors.

These guys are Leonyx Cavalry from the Runewars Miniatures Game. I eventually I want to get 2 more sets of these guys so that I can have 4 squads of 3.

These guys are a set of Saurus Warriors from Age of Sigmar that I painted up as LizardFolk. They go well with Ullar's vipers and lizardfolk. I still have 8 mounted Lizardfolk that I need to paint, and a Lizardfolk on a giant dinosaur that I have to build, paint and magnetize (not really looking forward to building the big guy).

These are some Chaos Warriors also from Age of Sigmar that I painted up. I started out painting them black and dry brushing their capes and armo before picking out details to finish them.
Old August 5th, 2018, 08:36 PM

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (8/5/2018)

This week I painted a few more figures bringing me down to around 36 more that I need to paint.

This week I painted 8 Saurus Cavalry from Age of Sigmar, leaving only 1 more model from my Start Collecting set that I still need to build and paint.

This guy is a Dragon Tortoise from Reaper Miniatures.

This is a Balor made by Reaper Miniatures that I ended up painting as a Balrog. I tried to do a little object source lighting from the fire on him, but I think I could have increased the brightness of the OSL, but I still like how he turned out.

This one is a Behir from Reaper miniatures. Unfortunately, He doesn't fit on any sort of Heroscape base so I based him on one of my leftover huge D&D bases.

This is a Storm Giant from Pathfinder Battles that I painted up to match the Storm Giants of older D&D.

This guy is a Fire Giant Dreadnought from the Monster Menagerie 3 set of D&D miniatures that I painted up to match Shurrak and my other giants. Originally he had a greyish blue skin tone.
Old August 5th, 2018, 10:07 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

More great stuff. Thanks for sharing man. I always enjoy looking at different takes on model paintjobs.

Old August 11th, 2018, 03:09 PM

This week I bought a few more minis as well as painting a few that I already had to bring down my unpainted total to 25 more minis.

I ended up ordering a bunch of heroscape I didn't have in my collection yet and bought an extra set of Nakita agents to paint up as Agent Skahen. Unlike the official paint job I drybrushed a little dark grey on the black parts of her mini to help define the cloth.

I also painted up another of the Nakita Agents as one of Pumpkin_King's customs. It's interesting to see how much detail is hidden by the simple white paint job of the original figure.

This figure is a Reaper Bones Female Anti-Paladin. I ended up buying this one this week as a break from painting cavalry and large monsters.

These are the Medusas from the Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures line that I bought this week and painted up.

This figure is Mashaaf, Great Old One from Reaper miniatures that I painted up as a huge Marro Monstrosity. She was fun to paint up and I liked using hot glue on the base.

The first few pictures are of Dwarf Brock Riders from Mantic Games' Kings of War miniatures line. I also included some mounted dwarves that I painted this Spring.
Old August 11th, 2018, 04:21 PM
"like" happy

I love the mounted units. So cool. I did something similar with a purple worm I made on the seven hex. I need to paint more minis and stop making new ones. I have hundreds of them that need the brush. I just printed a dozen more. I have plasticrack issues.

Old August 11th, 2018, 08:07 PM

Thanks! Yeah I like how the mounted units turned out, it's just that they're harder to do with the amount of details they have, because you're basically painting 2 figures at once.

I ended up using the 7 hex base because I didn't have any other bases that fit the mini well, and the 7 hex base fit it just right.

Yeah, at the beginning of this spring I had over 200 unpainted minis, but I've been cutting back on buying unpainted minis, and trying to fill out the rest of my heroscape collections (both VC and classic stuff), while painting up all of my unpainted stuff.

Eventually I'm going to have to look into 3D printing minis and terrain because my college has a nice setup with a few printers, scanners, laser cutter etc. I'm probably going to have to try it for a school's mechanical engineering project because one of the deliverables is a miniature house/ school to go along with a presentation.
Old August 18th, 2018, 07:02 PM

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (8/18/2018)

This week I ended up caving in and bought about 50 minis, but I was able to burn through them by speed painting most of them, leaving my previous total to about 25 more miniatures I need to paint.

This is a reaper miniature called Kyra and Lavarath. I ended up painting the two of them as an Aquillan flagbearer. I also ended up using some paint markers to highlight the silver and gold, which was fun to play around with because they require less skill with a brush than normal edge highlighting.

This was how I ended up painting my last Nakita agent, who I tried to paint up as an Evil Agent/Assassin figure.

This is another Reaper miniature called Feiya Iconic Human Witch from Reaper's pathfinder miniature line.

Yet Another Reaper miniature called Count Lorenth. I painted him up to sort of match up with the Knights of Blaakgard from the C3V.

This Reaper miniature is Elven Sorceress, Andriessa. I really like how the blues came out on her clothes and boots.

This Reaper mini is Sarah the Seeress. I really liked how her dress came out with the different shades of green.

This mini is an old metal Slann from Warhammer Fantasy. I tried to paint him up as the colors of a poison dart frog. Originally he didn't come with a shield, but I ended up making one from some extra unused bits.

These are some Tau Firewarriors that I ended up painting this week. I like how they turned out, and I found out how annoying it can be to paint white with shading.

These are some Tau Pathfinders that I painted this week, 10 of which I repainted because I didn't really like the paint job I gave them and wanted them to match my new ones.

I ended up getting 24 more Chaos Warriors and I ended up painting them the same way as I painted my previous 12.
Old August 24th, 2018, 10:12 PM

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (8/24/2018)

This week is a smaller update because I was busy finishing up my internship and getting ready to move back to college. I ended up painting the rest of my Runewars miniatures and a Night Hag for D&D as well as magnetizing two flying saucers from the Mars Attacks Miniatures line and a Carnasaur/Troglodon for Age of Sigmar. This currently leaves me with 12 miniatures that I still need to paint, but I'm probably going to buy more this weekend.

This was a Invisible Night Hag from the D&D miniatures line from Wizkids. I opted to get the Invisible one instead of the prepainted one because it was $3 instead of $15.

These are the 12 Daqan Knights that I painted up from the Runewars Miniature Game. They were interesting to paint up, and were my last set of cavalry figures I needed to paint up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions