Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old June 19th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

So I ordered:

Band of Brothers: Ghost Panzer
- I missed out on the Screaming Eagles version, so I wanted to get this before it became difficult to get.
BoB is my go-to WWII squad level game. Not only is it quick to learn/teach, it seems to capture the tactics better than any other game on this topic, and I've played just about all of them. Jim Krohn has done an excellent job with this system, and even more great stuff is coming soon.
Yeah, I've been looking at BoB for a while now and wish I would have gotten Screaming Eagles, but Ghost Panzer looks to be awesome by all accounts. I saw that Jim Krohn is researching some stuff for a Marines release, which would be right up my alley. 3 of the books he used for researching BoB Screaming Eagles are ones I'm currently on my second read through, their the ones by George Koskimaki .

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 22nd, 2014, 01:31 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Little bit of X-Wing with semi-randomized squads to get some unique pilots, upgrades, and combinations on the table.

Whole bunch of Legenday for the first time in a while...losing every single game except, ironically, the last one which was "Organized Crime Wave" (considered to be a very difficult scheme).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 22nd, 2014, 04:12 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played 5 games of Marvel Dice Masters yesterday in a very disorganized OP "tournament." Gurei-Ornery participated, as well.

It was nice because of the opportunity to play more Dice Masters, but the games definitely took longer than they needed to. I obviously need more practice, but there was a fair amount of AP going on throughout.

Another nice thing is that we each got copies of the "Rally" action card participation prize, as well as the "Thor the Mighty" character card that was given out as a competitive prize.

I'm registered to play this at Gen Con, so I will have to practice up a bit.
Old June 23rd, 2014, 11:37 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I finished solitairing the new regular sized Memoir 44 D-Day scenarios. Only one actually uses the beach board, and some are Normandy campaign battles that take place after D-Day itself. I'm happy to report that they are fun, and nicely balanced: each side won 3 of 6!

The new expansion D-Day Landings should be out soon; those who preordered mentioned a mailing date of 6/25. A game tester who got an advance copy reported on bgg that he had a good time with the American beach scenarios.
Old June 23rd, 2014, 12:00 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
The new expansion D-Day Landings should be out soon; those who preordered mentioned a mailing date of 6/25. A game tester who got an advance copy reported on bgg that he had a good time with the American beach scenarios.
Hopefully one of the guys in my group pre-ordered it. I think he did, so perhaps we'll give it a go sometime.

I should be getting Band of Brothers: Ghost Panzer this Wednesday and can't wait to give that a go.

Old June 23rd, 2014, 11:25 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I just bought Thunderstone Advance. It's a deck building game, which is not my favorite genre, but I thought I'd give it a go. It looks pretty interesting and should be fun. It seems to have high replayability since you only use a small number of the cards each game.

Old June 24th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Prickly Cactus

Haven't played Thunderstone Advance TW, but I have the original Thunderstone and the 3 following expansions. I like it, though it's been awhile since getting it to the table. Not sure what Advance does differently, but I imagine it's pretty similar with some tweaks.

Didn't stay long at last night's game session and only played Manhattan Project. It was the first time I've played it and while it wasn't one I'd normally gravitate to, there were only a handful of us there right at 6 and the retired State cop that wanted to play it was pretty persuasive. Plus he's a nice guy so I gave in and joined.

It was okay, though I kind of sucked at it, so maybe my impression is skewed a little. I guess the one thing I wasn't prepared for was how interactive it was for a worker placement game, where other players can bomb your factories if you don't get your fighter plane high enough on the track, and also how others can take a spy action and use one of your factories, not only gaining the benefit, but also preventing you from using it.

Old June 24th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Haven't played Thunderstone Advance TW, but I have the original Thunderstone and the 3 following expansions. I like it, though it's been awhile since getting it to the table. Not sure what Advance does differently, but I imagine it's pretty similar with some tweaks.

Didn't stay long at last night's game session and only played Manhattan Project. It was the first time I've played it and while it wasn't one I'd normally gravitate to, there were only a handful of us there right at 6 and the retired State cop that wanted to play it was pretty persuasive. Plus he's a nice guy so I gave in and joined.

It was okay, though I kind of sucked at it, so maybe my impression is skewed a little. I guess the one thing I wasn't prepared for was how interactive it was for a worker placement game, where other players can bomb your factories if you don't get your fighter plane high enough on the track, and also how others can take a spy action and use one of your factories, not only gaining the benefit, but also preventing you from using it.
We like Manhattan Project a lot, and one of the reasons is the high amount of player interaction, which as you mentioned, is not as common in worker placement games. Not only can you bomb your opponents, you can use espionage (particularly effective with the Russians from The Nations mini-expansion) to use your opponents's stuff, and you don't have to pull your workers back every turn, so you can just leave them out, blocking spaces that others want to use.

I think it takes a few plays to wrap your head around the game, but I also really like the experience of building your engine. Once you purchase some good buildings/mines and recruit some more workers, you can do a lot in each turn. Any workers you recruit are immediately available, so you can just keep going until you run out of workers and buildings. Also, the dynamic of when to recall your workers is fun because you have to weigh not being able to do as much vs. depriving the other players of choice spots. It's a good game, and I'd definitely recommend you give it another try, particularly if you can play with the Nations cards. They give each player a unique ability, and it adds a little more theme and variety to the game.
Old June 25th, 2014, 06:43 AM
Prickly Cactus

Yeah Akden, I'd give it another try sometime now that I have a better idea. I didn't get my fighter advanced and got a nice Uranium card that produced 4 U. Another player bombed it and another card I had. Then later, another player spied to use that Uranium plant a couple times. I only got to use it once. So the player that bombed me the first time bombed that plant again to deny the 3rd player access to it. I didn't bother repairing it.

It was a learning experience for sure.

Old June 25th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Got in a game of Kingsburg with the expansion (really enjoy how it's breathed new life into the game for me) and Dominion x2 with Dark Ages and Seaside mixed last night. Lots of fun.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 25th, 2014, 11:33 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Only two days left at the beach. So far we've played a good bit of Dungeon Roll, Lost Valley, Ghost Panzer, and many games of Dominion using the set I just bought for $5. My best guess is we are already down to about $0.25 per game. My sister and her family are staying at the beach house after we leave so they will also get a good number of plays in I'm sure.
Old June 26th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
Only two days left at the beach. So far we've played a good bit of Dungeon Roll, Lost Valley, Ghost Panzer, and many games of Dominion using the set I just bought for $5. My best guess is we are already down to about $0.25 per game. My sister and her family are staying at the beach house after we leave so they will also get a good number of plays in I'm sure.
Just got my Ghost Panzer yesterday jb, aside from the box being kind of flimsy, which I was prepared for after seeing a video for it, it looks pretty awesome. Now the fun part of reading the rules during break and lunch at work

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games