Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old February 20th, 2009, 07:32 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Tor-Kul-Na

StarofEarendil is correct, Stealth Armor will still work, because Trample Stomp inflicts a wound.

Stealth Dodge is out of the question - TKN is adjacent and you're not even rolling defense dice. Defensive Agility of the Warriors of Ashra would also have no effect.

Smoke Powder also doesn't work - Trample Stomp is not an "attack" and again, TKN is adjacent. You might have been thinking of Engagement Strike of the Nakita Agents though, however that also doesn't work because TKN is Huge, and Engagement Strike only affects Small or Medium figures.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 21st, 2009, 01:50 AM

pepsidude costs too much!
Lightbulb Re: The Book of Tor-Kul-Na

hey! heres a 490 point army

TKN (duh!) 220
Torgrim 80
Finn 80
Realin RotV 80
Eldgrim 30

first off, kill the vikings. torky has 7 attack, 6 defense, and 7 move. add realin, hes invincable!
Old February 21st, 2009, 03:48 AM

chispito is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsidude View Post
hey! heres a 490 point army

TKN (duh!) 220
Torgrim 80
Finn 80
Realin RotV 80
Eldgrim 30

first off, kill the vikings. torky has 7 attack, 6 defense, and 7 move. add realin, hes invincable!
TKN is one of those heroes that Eldgrim uniquely helps out. On a good turn, his spirit will give him an extra attack.
Old February 21st, 2009, 07:29 AM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Or an extra trample stomp!

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old February 21st, 2009, 07:49 AM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
I'm sure that's what he means. However, I think the other Vikings and Raelin are overkill. Also, most of the time I'd rather have a squad of Grubs with TKN before I take Eldgrim.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 21st, 2009, 07:59 AM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
I'm sure that's what he means. However, I think the other Vikings and Raelin are overkill. Also, most of the time I'd rather have a squad of Grubs with TKN before I take Eldgrim.
I meant an extra move could get you another Trample Stomp.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old February 21st, 2009, 08:08 AM

kpotassiumk19 is surprisingly tart

Instead of Finn and Raelin, I would suggest using x5 Marrden Nagrubs and Isamu for cleanup. That gives TKN 21 life if no Nagrubs are killed(that means that your opponent wasted an attack to kill a pointless Nagrub.)
TKN now has 6 attack, 6 defense, 7 move and possibly 21 life!

"The greatest advice ever given to me was don't be an idiot. Before I do anything, I always think, would an idiot do this? If they would, I don't do it."

~Dwight, The Office
Old February 21st, 2009, 08:13 AM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

yeah, but what happens when your opponent uses a splash on the nagrubs? doesnt seem too pointless anymore...
Old February 21st, 2009, 08:45 AM

I say nix all the vikings altogether and get some range in there.

Tor-Kul-Na - 220
Nagrubs x3 - 310
Stingers x3 - 490
Isamu - 500

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 21st, 2009, 11:01 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpotassiumk19 View Post
Instead of Finn and Raelin, I would suggest using x5 Marrden Nagrubs and Isamu for cleanup. That gives TKN 21 life if no Nagrubs are killed(that means that your opponent wasted an attack to kill a pointless Nagrub.)
TKN now has 6 attack, 6 defense, 7 move and possibly 21 life!
Grubs x5 is way too many IMO. At three sets I think you're pushing they're usefulness (unless you have more than one Hivelord in your army) against using the points for other figures. By the time you get to set number 3-5 TKN has more than likely moved far enough away where it will take a few turns just to get the Grubs adjacent again, and then you have to wait another turn to eat one.

-insert signature here-
Old February 21st, 2009, 11:17 AM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

TKN is best with Stingers and Grubs, without any range your army becomes pretty one dimensional.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old February 21st, 2009, 02:34 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

In my experience,

Tor-Kul-Na is best played with either 3 or 4 squads of Nagrubs giving you 310 or 340 points of your army, respectively.

This gives you glyph grabbers, cannon fodder to engage enemies with and mobile life points for TKN. I'd steer away from using more than 4 squads simply because of start zone restrictions and the fact that TKN can always get some deathwalker rolls and die early. IF that happens you want to have a moe effective backup force than just a swarm of Nagrubs (marro blade gruts essentially, except with 1 less attack per turn and no disengage)

Thats why Stingers, Marro Warriors, and Krav Maga are all good compliments to the TKN+Nagrub combo, If TKN goes down early you have a small screen of Nagrubs to keep enemies away from your range and hold glyphs, hopefully helping you to make a comeback after the loss of your Marro Giant.

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units