Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old March 13th, 2007, 08:24 PM

ArcBlade has disabled reputation
Team Game and Powers

We are about to play our first "team" game (A desperate rescue attempt) We finally got a third. At any rate it occurs to me that I am not sure of how the team rules work.

If I am teamed with a player and one of my characters is holding a glyph (for example) does the power enhancement affect both of our armies?

If I lose Finn or Thorgrim can I place the Viking Champion on one of my teamate's army cards?

Are there rules governing strategy discussion?

ArcBlade
Old March 13th, 2007, 08:42 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
If I am teamed with a player and one of my characters is holding a glyph (for example) does the power enhancement affect both of our armies?

Just yours..

If I lose Finn or Thorgrim can I place the Viking Champion on one of my teamate's army cards?

"ANY UNIQUE ARMY CARD" so I guess yea, even your enemies
Old March 13th, 2007, 09:25 PM

rehlers is surprisingly tart
Yeah in general you aren't able to boost your teammate's army with any specials you have. You can always house rule it if you want though. I wanted to use Raelin's defense bonus for a teammate once, but that was not a valid move either.
Old March 13th, 2007, 09:54 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Team play can be very tricky. I'm not sure about the official ruling on landing on a glyph. I would assume your entire team, including your teammate, would receive the bonus, but I'm not really sure.
There are some heroes/squads that can work with your teammates' but you have to be careful about the phrasing of the card.
Only YOUR team = figures you control
You AND your teammate = any friendly figure

I'm almost certain that even some of the cards with this text has been ruled to only work the other way around. When in doubt,... ask again. Some of these things can be straightened out in the FAQ section of the official site as well.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old March 13th, 2007, 11:11 PM

For glyph's, check out page 15 of the second edition rule book. Each of the permanent glyphs have the wording "for each figure you control". So team mates would not benefit from any glyphs you are standing on.
Old March 13th, 2007, 11:44 PM
has been BANNED

Homba is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Team games are great. Officially, glyphs only affect units you control. However, we always play they affect your whole team in our team games - but we don't use very many glyphs, or very powerful glyphs, and never duplicates - or if we do use duplicates they don't stack.

Here is something I wrote up about the figures that can help your teammate's figures - note that page 1 is the official units, and page 2 is alternate rules for other units.

http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=481

There was just a team tournament in Dallas I think - how'd that go? Where's the link?

H
Old March 14th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homba
Team games are great. Officially, glyphs only affect units you control. However, we always play they affect your whole team in our team games - but we don't use very many glyphs, or very powerful glyphs, and never duplicates - or if we do use duplicates they don't stack.

Here is something I wrote up about the figures that can help your teammate's figures - note that page 1 is the official units, and page 2 is alternate rules for other units.

http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=481

There was just a team tournament in Dallas I think - how'd that go? Where's the link?

H
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=3755

In this event, glyphs only provided benefits to the army of the half of the team holding them.
Old March 24th, 2007, 09:47 PM

nbxfan has disabled reputation
Adding to the QUESTIONS...in other words taking over the thread kind of.

We are playing our first team game as well with five people. So, there will be two teams of two and one person alone. I'm trying to figure out how best to do this. I thought perhaps if each team individual gets 250-300 pts for a total of either 500 to 600 a team and then the single person matches that amount...I guess the question is...is this a fair way to do this or should a team start with less points than a single player and then, how do we do movements? Do we have the single player use two sets of markers and have a rule about maybe not being able to put multiples of a specific order marker on the same card unless no other play is possible? Any help with people who have experienced team play would be great.

Best news yet...5 people at once...two of whom play for the first time tonight...

We're on the right trail. Flies and the undead go together like bullets and guns.
Old March 24th, 2007, 11:53 PM

Turn markers are much more important than the amount of points you have. What we've done to somewhat even it out is just have the single player act as if he were 2 seperate players. 2 seperate armies, 2 seperate turns per round. Otherwise its really not balanced. Of course its pretty hard to plan for 2 armies in a game as a single player.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's