Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 29th, 2018, 07:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of the Orion Arm Ravagers (Design Phase)

Not a big fan of the Chiss because I first recognize him for what he is, Grand Admiral Thrawns people, but also because we already have blue skinned Kree. I feel like a generic space pirate group should be filled with unique aliens we aren't so familiar with. It's a big galaxy, often at war, it's more likely the alien races displaced by the Kree-Skrull war would turn to piracy to survive before a Kree would leave the empire for the life as an outlaw.
Old August 29th, 2018, 07:44 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

So, when you see Yondu do you think of Thrawn's people? Because I think of Kree. And as far as leaving the empire, do all humans stay loyal to one cause? Why would a Kree? That is literally the story of Mar-Vell. A single recognizable alien race in the pirates makes sense to me. It grounds them. (Plus, I think the one guy looks like a crappy cos-player dressed as Han Solo but also wearing a Planet of the Apes mask.)

EDIT: Just realized this is my 10,000 post. Figured it would either be about some character's history or about minis. Looks like I was sorta right.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Last edited by Spidey'tilIDie; August 31st, 2018 at 11:33 PM.
Old August 29th, 2018, 07:46 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Opportunist
Old August 29th, 2018, 07:48 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I like Craven as that is how pirates are most often described in my experience.
Old August 29th, 2018, 08:28 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I can see that argument for Craven. Personally I prefer it, and don't like the ring of Greedy - I've never really been a fan of it as a personality - but I'll give the personality list a once-over and see if there's anything else I like for some pirates.

I think the Chiss are suitably generic - Marvel has lots of blue-skinned aliens hanging around - but with your vote we have a tie for Chiss and Verpine for third, and personally I prefer Verpine, so I'd probably break in their favor.
Old August 29th, 2018, 08:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Brash, Brutal, Cruel, Fierce, Degenerate, Devious, Gruff, Haughty, Menacing, Opportunistic, Ruthless, and Vicious are all personalities we've done that I could see affixed to a pack of Pirates.

Though I like Craven also.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 29th, 2018, 08:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I like Craven as that is how pirates are most often described in my experience.

I'd be curious as to where you get this impression from. Treasure Island, Peter Pan, Sinbad, even the more modern Pirates of the Caribbean or Black Sails don't present pirates as cowards. Why would you ever fear a pirate if they were cowardly?
Old August 29th, 2018, 08:49 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm, I think I didn't know the correct definition of Craven. I thought it was more that they were vicious and inspired fear, but the dictionary agrees with you, sir, making me quite wrong with my impressions.

I'd be anti-craven as well.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old August 29th, 2018, 09:03 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Craven fits with pirates because they're opportunists. They attack poorly armed, poorly defended boats/towns, murder and pillage and steal, and then hightail it out of there once the authorities show up. They're the old-timey, maritime equivalent of people who hold up convenience stores for cash.

Like Batman says - "criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot." If you were courageous, you wouldn't coast through life by thieving and terrorizing innocent, defenseless people.
Old August 29th, 2018, 10:05 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Craven fits with pirates because they're opportunists. They attack poorly armed, poorly defended boats/towns, murder and pillage and steal, and then hightail it out of there once the authorities show up. They're the old-timey, maritime equivalent of people who hold up convenience stores for cash.

Like Batman says - "criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot." If you were courageous, you wouldn't coast through life by thieving and terrorizing innocent, defenseless people.
Old August 29th, 2018, 10:08 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Craven fits with pirates because they're opportunists. They attack poorly armed, poorly defended boats/towns, murder and pillage and steal, and then hightail it out of there once the authorities show up.
At the risk of sounding snarky, doesn't "opportunistic" fit that well?

Last edited by dok; August 29th, 2018 at 10:09 PM. Reason: My only previous contribution to the thread was actual snark.
Old August 29th, 2018, 10:19 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Craven fits with pirates because they're opportunists. They attack poorly armed, poorly defended boats/towns, murder and pillage and steal, and then hightail it out of there once the authorities show up.
At the risk of sounding snarky, doesn't "opportunistic" fit that well?
Oh for sure - definitely not saying Craven is the ONLY fit, I'd be happy with lots of options on Bats' list. I'm just defending the initial choice.

Though now I'm thinking, does Kraven the Hunter know what craven means? I mean, English probably isn't his first language so I can forgive him for just shortening his actual name and using it as a title or pseudonym or whatever. But you'd think at some point over the years one of his criminal buddies would point out that it's got some negative connotations...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library