Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 19th, 2016, 10:55 PM

majestic goat knows what's in an order marker majestic goat knows what's in an order marker majestic goat knows what's in an order marker
Vancouver WA: Trick or Treat/NHSD Tournament!

(This is a carry over from the WA/OR thread....)

Triick or Treat/NHSD Tournament!

Hello all! Going to have a Halloween / NHSD Tournament at my house. Unfortunately, due to spousal & domicile imposed restrictions , I'm going to have to limit it to 12 slots. Here we go:

Trick or Treat/NHSD Tournament! – October 22nd, 2016
(12 Seats – 2 Remaining)
When: Saturday October 22nd, 2016. Games start at 11:00 am (sharp).
Why: To play Heroscape with you – because my wife won’t.

Gameplay

Army Standards
- Player will create two pod armies (each pod is 260 points)
- High Roll (20-sided) will make 1st/4th choice of pods from all four available
- Low rolling player will get 2nd / 3rd choice of pods from all four available
-Classic Heroscape and/or C3V/SoV
-No proxies / Marvel or C3G
-Each pod has a maximum of 12 starting spaces (extra figures are lost)
-Bring your own armies
Selection
Each player will be randomly chosen for team Pumpkin or team Skeleton (North v. South) and sit on appropriate side of table. Each player will shift one seat to right for successive games.

Time
50 minutes per game, 10 minutes breaks – 30 minute lunch

Glyphs
Six glyphs will be on each map. Four are “treats” (THREE of these are required to win the game) – the other two are temporary “tricks” which allow you to randomly perform one of the below actions:

1: Hocus Pocus: Swap any one of your figures with any one of your opponent’s figures
2: Chaos Hex: Change map condition (mandatory)
3: Witches Magick: Swap two of your opponents order markers
4: Chaos Hex: Change map condition (mandatory)
5: Graveyard Dust (Negation): When one of your figures stops here, you may choose any opponent's figure. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-4, nothing happens. If you roll a 5-20, place a negation marker on the chosen figure's Army Card. All of that figure's special powers are negated for the rest of the game.
6: Chaos Hex: Change map condition (mandatory)

All glyphs resolve at the end of the round AFTER normal end of round actions (lava, wound glyph, etc). All tricks resolve then all treats. If three treats are occupied at the end of the round by any single player they win.
Map Conditions
All maps start in The Light of Day condition. When required - choose a new Map Condition which takes effect immediately:

1: The Light of Day
All undead/demons -1 attack / -1 defense
2: Darkest Night
Battle is being fought at night of in dense fog, this has reduced visibility. All ranged attack/abilities requiring Line-of-Sight have range reduce to 1 space (no ranged attacks)
3: Cold Hand of Death
All figures -1 attack / -1 defense (undead/demons are immune)
4: Cursed Land
At the end of each game round, a die is rolled for each non flying figure on the board. Any skull rolled, means that figure immediately receives one wound. Flying figures are not affected.
5: Petrified with Fear
Roll the 20-sided die each time you reveal an order marker. If you roll a 1-10, nothing happens.If you roll a 11-20, lose your turn. (undead/demons are immune)
6: Night of the Unholy
Roll the 20-sided die each time you attempt to attack an undead/demon with any normal/special attack. If you roll a 13 or higher, all undead/demon figures no longer have any visible hit zones for the duration of the targeting figure’s turn. (undead/demons are immune to this penalty)

Victory Conditions
Find and control three “treat” markers before your opponent or destroy your opponent’s forces.

Maps
Twelve players on six maps – maps to be determined.

Entry Fee
Just a smile

Lunch/Snacks/Drinks
I’ll provide it all. Feel free to bring something to share if you feel compelled – totally optional.

Attendees
1 Majestic Goat
2 Majestic Goat's buddy Ron
3 White Q Knight
4 Master of Disaster
5 Dysole
6 Quozl
7 Majestic Goat's buddy Justin
8 William099
9 William 099 +1

Updated Friday night 10:21 pm - I have a "maybe" from a 10th player. If not - we'll think of something creative. We'll make it work!

Last edited by majestic goat; October 22nd, 2016 at 01:20 AM.
Old October 19th, 2016, 11:12 PM

majestic goat knows what's in an order marker majestic goat knows what's in an order marker majestic goat knows what's in an order marker
Re: Vancouver WA: Trick or Treat/NHSD Tournament!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I have an appointment from 9-10 on Saturday mornings. It might not be a great idea for me to miss it (especially this week) but it's doable. Given that it's about 2 hours to get up north, that puts me an hour late at best. I can cancel with 24 hours notice. I'm not 100% sure I want to and it's mostly because I'm not sure I want to miss the appointment. I'll ruminate.

~Dysole, appreciative of the generosity
Okay, let me know. I was planning to drive up Saturday morning so you have Thurs/Fri to decide.

Peace.
Still sitting at 10 people. The more the merrier in my opinion! I think this one is going to be fun (of course I'm kind of biased...). The food is free, the tournament is free and I might even have a few surprises thrown in the mix...
Old October 19th, 2016, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic goat View Post
The event is getting closer! We lost one attendee but gained a new one also - so we're holding steady at 10. Two more slots available as of today. I'm more concerned with staying at an even number of players as opposed to maxing out the 12 slots. I can't find any maps that I like to support six glyphs. I've decided to build one of each type the night before - i'm going to have a couple people over and randomly build six maps - all different terrain. Should make the pod drafting fun!
I created some reference cards for the Map Conditions.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=4484
I just got to look at these - THEY ARE FREAKIN' AMAZING!!! I had some generic 4x6 cards...you read my mind. PERFECT!!!! Thanks!
Old October 20th, 2016, 02:09 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The event is getting closer! We lost one attendee but gained a new one also - so we're holding steady at 10. Two more slots available as of today. I'm more concerned with staying at an even number of players as opposed to maxing out the 12 slots. I can't find any maps that I like to support six glyphs. I've decided to build one of each type the night before - i'm going to have a couple people over and randomly build six maps - all different terrain. Should make the pod drafting fun!
I created some reference cards for the Map Conditions.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=4484
I just got to look at these - THEY ARE FREAKIN' AMAZING!!! I had some generic 4x6 cards...you read my mind. PERFECT!!!! Thanks!
Excellent! I made slight alterations to the wording. Please double-check that it meets with your original intent.
Old October 20th, 2016, 10:51 AM

White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker

Really looking forward to this Chuck. You guys are not gonna believe what I'm bringing to play.

Tournament Record: Solo 83-21 Team 7-5
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Are we bringing identical armies again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 20th, 2016, 12:41 PM

White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker

You know it! This time I'm winning the dice off.

Old October 20th, 2016, 10:04 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Okay, Dysole is taking my spot.

Have fun, fellow 'Scapers!

And take pictures!!!

Peace, *Kai

Here were some Army Ideas I had:
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 21st, 2016, 10:21 AM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ugh. I can't make it. Again. And it's the day after my birthday, too. Curse you Universe, with your complications!!

Did you get prize support from dadscaper/Craig van ness?

Anyway, have fun and post some photos!

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old October 21st, 2016, 11:10 AM

Can everyone send me a message or post and confirm if they're coming or not? I'd like to take a headcount and see if were even. Thanks!
Old October 21st, 2016, 11:27 AM

I'll be there and Mod will be there too. Chuck could you please send me a pm with your address.

Old October 21st, 2016, 09:38 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Questions

I should be appearing. I am curious. Does the negation thing hit commons? Just trying to figure out so I can build appropriately

~Dysole, running her options

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events