Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old April 2nd, 2007, 10:44 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
New box of games arrived today:)

I placed an order with Time Well Spent last week and my goodies arrived today. I can't wait to play them.

I got:

Citadels - I have played it before and really like it.

Ark of the Covenant - It is a Carcassonne based game.

Mission Red Planet - A space exploration game set in the 1800s. It looks pretty fun.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 11:09 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Citadels is a blast. Haven't played the other two but own Mission Red Planet and have heard good things about both of them. I've seen Ark mentioned several times as a good standalone Carc game. Let us know what you think about them.

Also Codeman won 2 out of 3 HS games last night with both victories going to his Orc army. The last game we tried different armies Minions (Codeman) vs. Sentinels (Me) and I pulled out a win.

Newb.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 11:42 AM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
Re: New box of games arrived today:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced
I placed an order with Time Well Spent last week and my goodies arrived today. I can't wait to play them.

I got:
Citadels - I have played it before and really like it.
Ark of the Covenant - It is a Carcassonne based game.
Mission Red Planet - A space exploration game set in the 1800s. It looks pretty fun.
Awesome. I have been ordering lots of games lately too. It is fun to have the box of goodies arrive at the door. I just picked up Citadels myself. Look forward to your thoughst and reviews on the other titles Jormi.

Have big fun.
-Matt
Old April 3rd, 2007, 01:29 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Colosseum was the first non-HS game that I've played for several months that I actually enjoyed.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old April 3rd, 2007, 02:13 PM

Dreaded Gazebo has disabled reputation
I'd like to hear what you think of Mission: Red Planet. Haven't played it myself but I've had a passing interest in the game.

Citadels is fantastic. Every gamer should have a copy
Old April 4th, 2007, 08:27 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Citadels is a blast. Haven't played the other two but own Mission Red Planet and have heard good things about both of them. I've seen Ark mentioned several times as a good standalone Carc game. Let us know what you think about them.

Also Codeman won 2 out of 3 HS games last night with both victories going to his Orc army. The last game we tried different armies Minions (Codeman) vs. Sentinels (Me) and I pulled out a win.

Newb.
I am hoping to get a chance to play them this weekend, so I will keep you posted.

I am glad my old man represented the frozen north well on this trip. I know on his last trip his orcs got whupped on.

What were you playing?
Old April 4th, 2007, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaded Gazebo
I'd like to hear what you think of Mission: Red Planet. Haven't played it myself but I've had a passing interest in the game.

I looked through the rulebook once. It has got me pretty excited. The art is very cool. I like the 1800s space mission feel. I think the role choosing will be quite a bit of fun and strategic.
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie

Newb.
I am hoping to get a chance to play them this weekend, so I will keep you posted.

I am glad my old man represented the frozen north well on this trip. I know on his last trip his orcs got whupped on.

What were you playing?
We played three games on Monday. The first two games it was Orcs vs. Knights/4th Mass/Sir Gilbert. Codeman won the 3rd turn initiative and used it effectively to push ahead in points and it was impossible for the knights to recover. The second game was with the same armies and he put a hurt on Jandar again. The last fight was Minions/AE/Dumutef (Codeman) vs. Sentinels/Concan/Nilfheim (me). The AE landed first turn and put a hurt on Nilf. Nilf got to breath once killing one AE and then died. Fortunately the Sentinels survived a lot of fire and removed the AE from their roosts. The Sentinels captured two important glyphs (+1 Att and +2 Def) and the Minions couldn't recover. Great games all around. Last night was the Orcs vs. Microcorp Agents/G'Nators/Laglor. It came down to 4 G'Nators and an Agent vs. 2 Arrow Gruts. Another Excellent game where Mimring and Krug both shined by killing more than their points worth (Mims killed 160 points and Krug killed about 235 points).

Newb.
Old April 4th, 2007, 12:19 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Aaaaaah... that new game smell

Thanks for mentioning that site. I likey their prices.
Old April 4th, 2007, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Aaaaaah... that new game smell

Thanks for mentioning that site. I likey their prices.
Yeah, they offer good deals. They also supported my last Heroscape tourney big time.

I got a chance to play Citadels with my wife tonight, and she liked it quite a bit. I thought she would, as she likes role choosing and deduction.
Old April 8th, 2007, 10:51 PM

Quote:

Well I got a chance to play it with both 3 and 5 players this weekend. The first game was my Dad, Brother and I. I ended up winning, but it was pretty close all around. I like the role choosing. It was kind of scary though, beacuse I think my dad and I picked the same guys for the first 5 rounds, and then we had a nother streak of like 3 in a row or something.

The 5 player game was a lot of fun too, although a lot less balanced. My wife and I came up with a lot more points than everyone else, but I edged out the win. My dad and I had very conflicting bonus cards. I was trying to be the sole occupant of as many sectors as possible, while he was trying to have at least one guy in every sector.

Anyway, if you like other games with role choosing (Citadels, Puerto Rico, San Juan), you will probably like this one. I think the bonus and discovery cards will keep the game pretty fresh and replayable as well. It should help to make it so no two games are alike.

The cards have real tiny print, and my father had a hard time reading them. Also, some of my cards the black had overprinted on. they are all still legible, but barely. It was only like 5 or 6 cards, but I think I will send them an email and see if they will replace them.

I guess that is my initial thoughts anyway, maybe Codeman will get on and give his as well.

If you have any specific questions about it, let me know.
Old April 9th, 2007, 06:42 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:

As Jormi_Boced said we played this weekend, and it is one I would add to my collection as well ( we seem to duplicate a lot of game that Jormi has ). The best thing the game developers could do would be to increase the print size on the cards and also maybe even color code the cards and the planet locations. From were I was sitting I was having trouble seeing the ship destination as well as the locations on the planet – color-coding would have helped me on that.

I would rate it at least 4 out 5 space ships !
It would have got 4 ½ ships if it had larger print on the cards

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games