Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old February 13th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

@TREX and I did a video battle recently and 2 rules came up we were 100% on:

1) For road bonus movement does a double-spaced figure need both sides of the peanut on road? or can one half be on road and you still get the movement bonus?

2) The Hydra's special ability states that they can add 1 to their range and attack figures within 2 spaces. It does not indicate clear sight or anything. Our question was can the Hydra legally make this attack as shown in the images below? The hydra has no sight, and it's the same height as the ice glacier...but the special indicates that you can attack figures within 2 spaces. Does the addition of the extra space make it a ranged attack? and therefore a ranged attack would necessitate clear/line of sight? I gave the Gorillitroopers as an example with their autocannon special ability. They can add to their range number for a ranged attack, but they still need clear sight. Is it the same with Reach?

thanks guys

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 13th, 2017, 06:00 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

For the Hydra, Reach is considered a Ranged attack and would need to satisfy the requirements for a ranged attack, one being clear line of sight to the target's hit zone.

From the Book of Fen Hydra:
REACH = Ranged Attack
Q: If the Fen Hydra Attacks a figure 2 spaces away using its REACH Special Ability, does the Reach-ed figure receive the Defense Bonus from Jungle Trees and Brush?
A: Yes. REACH gives the Hydra a normal ranged Attack with vertical limitations. A Reach-ed figure Defends against a normal ranged Attack, including any bonuses to its Defense which it would normally get under those circumstances. This also means that melee Attack-bonuses (such as those offered by Finn the Viking Champion and Sir Gilbert) cannot modify an Attack made using REACH.

Just checked the FAQ. The entire move must be on road spaces to get the bonus. So, a double spaced figure must occupy 2 road spaces for its entire move to get the bonus.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old February 13th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

For #2, adding +1 range turns the attack into a ranged attack. All rules for ranged attacks apply as normal.
Old February 13th, 2017, 06:21 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Sir Heroscape . @Tiranx confirmed that also at the tourney. Makes sense. I think it was just over thought out.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 16th, 2017, 02:00 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Concerning rating blog entries:

I recently asked the readers of the Codex to rate the Codex articles they liked, so we could get a better picture of what to deliver. However, I realized today that I can't actually see any ratings. I rated an article to test it out, and though it says the rating was added, I see no change. The same is true for both this account, and the one I use to post the Codex articles.

How do I see ratings? Is it something that requires 2+ to show up?

~TGRF.
Old February 16th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Hey, where did you get your CoN sig TGRF?

Great question btw.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 16th, 2017, 06:41 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

Great question btw.
Yes, but probably more appropriately asked here since it is a site usage question rather than a gameplay question. More likely to catch the eyes of site admins who can provide answers in the right forum.

Sorry, I can't be of more help than that.
Old February 16th, 2017, 06:43 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Look at you, Cav. You still got it, buddy!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 16th, 2017, 06:56 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Look at you, Cav. You still got it, buddy!
Just trying to be helpful... and live up to that old title of mine

I only wish I had more time to spend here like I did in the old days.
Old February 16th, 2017, 07:12 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It makes me smile to see you posting when you can, Cav.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 17th, 2017, 09:56 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If I am activating a squad, shouldn't I have to specify exactly which squad members I am activating and moving, even if one moves 0? This is something I see (and have done) all the time in online tournaments where you move one or two squad members and attack with them but otherwise you decide as you need to which remaining squad members to attack with. This is clearly done to your advantage where you have the option to attack with a certain squad member if your first attack fails but are able to switch to another engaged squad member if the attack was successful.
Old February 17th, 2017, 10:00 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Although it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, you're playing it correctly. You don't have to declare moving 0, and you can decide during your attack phase which units attack.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's