Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 2nd, 2012, 05:01 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Sentry: Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Nope. We adopted it a long time ago from the Victory conditions from almost all of the scenarios from all of the official rule books. We did this because the Heroscape game technically doesn't have true victory conditions. The rule books just say that victory conditions are based on the scenarios or on agreements that players make prior to playing.
Yeah but I thought there was an official FAQ that said you do the check for this condition at the end of the turn which allows for those temporarily controlled to be returned.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 05:04 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

In that moment, I don't have any figures on the battlefield, so I loose.

I thought everyone had been playing this way. I know me, Bats, and Hahma have. I am pretty sure Tickle has too.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 05:06 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Nope. We adopted it a long time ago from the Victory conditions from almost all of the scenarios from all of the official rule books. We did this because the Heroscape game technically doesn't have true victory conditions. The rule books just say that victory conditions are based on the scenarios or on agreements that players make prior to playing.
Yeah but I thought there was an official FAQ that said you do the check for this condition at the end of the turn which allows for those temporarily controlled to be returned.
There was just recently an FAQ saying that for the other game [Classic]. But we have been designing C3G with the losing condition that I posted since the beginning. I don't see why we should overturn it now, but if we REALLY wanted to we could.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 05:14 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
In that moment, I don't have any figures on the battlefield, so I loose.

I thought everyone had been playing this way. I know me, Bats, and Hahma have. I am pretty sure Tickle has too.
There has never been a statement that we have contradicted the official FAQ on the timing of the condition checking. Just that like official scenarios you loose when you don't control any figures on the battlefield.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 10:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
There was just recently an FAQ saying that for the other game [Classic]. But we have been designing C3G with the losing condition that I posted since the beginning. I don't see why we should overturn it now, but if we REALLY wanted to we could.
Not that it's ever affected the outcome of a game (other than the amount of wounds Wolverine had left on his card) but I switched to the official FAQ's ruling on this one after hearing of it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 2nd, 2012, 10:58 PM

Thanks for sharing.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:44 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Thanks for sharing.
I'm not sure how this is supposed to be taken.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 3rd, 2012, 01:24 AM

I just didn't know you started playing with a different victory/losing condition. No attitude intended, just teasing ya a bit. I guess I will start looking through our designs and see if we can successfully make that change over in our FAQ and victory condition practices. It shouldn't be a problem, it will likely just undermine a lot of victories and possibly unbalance some of our scenarios a bit.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 03:22 AM

The only ones it would really effect is those that were won by taking temporary control of the opponents last figure & as Bats said some healers might have had less wounds.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 11:19 AM

I always switch to playing something according to the rules when I find myself understanding the rules better ... I hadn't realized this was an area where we were intentionally disregarding the Hasbro interpretation, so as soon as I heard that I figured, huh, something else I've been playing wrong, and adjusted. Not the first time, not the last time, I'm sure.

Old March 3rd, 2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
The only ones it would really effect is those that were won by taking temporary control of the opponents last figure & as Bats said some healers might have had less wounds.
That is what I am thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I always switch to playing something according to the rules when I find myself understanding the rules better ... I hadn't realized this was an area where we were intentionally disregarding the Hasbro interpretation, so as soon as I heard that I figured, huh, something else I've been playing wrong, and adjusted. Not the first time, not the last time, I'm sure.
Well before, the rules were that victory and losing conditions were defined by the players or scenarios, so we were obeying the rules, but then they FAQ temporary mind control so that the game couldn't be won that way. IMO it would have been best if they had continued to leave it up to the players and scenarios to decide how the game ends.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 12:42 PM

I'm just a custom designer - I follows the rules as best as I understands 'em and I suggest costs accordingly.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library