Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 11th, 2009, 02:48 PM

Majai of Dreams is surprisingly tart
Classical Ninjas

Heroscape has presented us with a variety of sneaky ninjas over the past waves. Ninjas with defensive abilities and flurries of attacks who can cause havoc on the battlefield. I consider these designs more based on the modern hollywood view of a ninja as a combat machine as opposed to the assassins they were used as in the feudal periods.
Personally I am more of a fan of the classic ninja. True they are capable fighters who can defend themselves if pressed. Hence the art of Ninjitsu...
But a ninja was more of a character who lurks in the shadows, and strikes at their target unseen. Then disappearing back into the darkness from which they came.
You would not see a Ninja charging through the battlefield along side warriors and engaging a foe toe to toe.

That being said, I have designed a few ninjas that I feel capture the essence of the "assassin" more than the walking shredding machine.

Feedback of the abilities is always appreciated. Hope you enjoy.
And yes I know I do not have figures or pictures. I am focussing on the design and concept of them.

</IMG></IMG></IMG>
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:38 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker
Re: Classical Ninjas

I like the ideas, but a figure like that would need to have a high price.

I think a figure with Phantom Walk, Thorian Speed, and Vanish would pull off the complete assisination ninja with existing abilities. Couple that with high move and attack it could be deadly.

Interesting thought, how about a combination ability of concealment and vanish?

Phantom Walk
Concealment/Vanish Combo
Posion Dagger Special Attack (think Sujoah)
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:53 PM

Thanks for the insight ElvenEnvy

Using thorian speed is a little more towards a battle ninja concept in my opinion. It is a nice idea. I think ninjas should have many defensive abilities that make them extremely frustrating to kill.

But I am trying to go for ways to keep them literally, out of sight until they deliver their killing blows.
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:59 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

I do like the ideas of them starting off the board since units like that are in short supply, but the problem with yours is that once they get on the board and with luck kill their target, they loose their assassin qualities (your second card being an exception, but see him as more of a guerilla fighter).
Old July 11th, 2009, 06:28 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I would like to see a boost if a ninja/assassin was next to any object.
Ie.
Move 6
Life 4
Hiding
If ________ is next to an object, and is attacked by a figure, roll the 20 sided die, if you roll a 10 or higher, ______ takes no wounds.
Or
Special Attack
Attack 7 Range 1
If ______________ is next to an object, ___________ may use hiding special attack.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old July 12th, 2009, 12:46 PM

I would like to see more bonuses to being next to objects like standard trees, ruins etc.

Even other figures. A ninja can get lost in the crowds, so if they are adjacent to any figures, there could be bonuses there too.

Make sound effects when you play Heroscape! It is sometimes annoying, but always more fun!
Old July 12th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majai of Dreams View Post
I would like to see more bonuses to being next to objects like standard trees, ruins etc.

Even other figures. A ninja can get lost in the crowds, so if they are adjacent to any figures, there could be bonuses there too.
What about a modification of Vanish? Start with a base of 15 or so then add something like "may add 2 to their roll for each object or friendly figure they are adjacent to"

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards