Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old June 8th, 2007, 12:40 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Robots? Check!
Ninjas? Check!
Cowboys? Check!
Orcs and Elves? Check and Check!
Aliens? Check!
Vampires? Check!
Ghosts? Check!
Knights? Check!
Dragons? Check!
Spies and Assassins? Check and double-Check!
Superheroes? Uh-uh... no way. Incompatible.
Old June 8th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

dude, greyowl, skyknight's clearly not really trying to put out any argument whatsoever. Come on - a comment like "The best way I can think to answer you is like this....when you take the two sets and blend them together you are going to find they are incompatible. So I guess the aspects that I am concentrating on are the incompatibilities. Hope that clears it up." from a guy as smart as sky? He's just being goofy. Time to start laughing with him (or at him! )

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 8th, 2007, 12:44 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman

dude, greyowl, skyknight's clearly not really trying to put out any argument whatsoever. Come on - a comment like "The best way I can think to answer you is like this....when you take the two sets and blend them together you are going to find they are incompatible. So I guess the aspects that I am concentrating on are the incompatibilities. Hope that clears it up." from a guy as smart as sky? He's just being goofy. Time to start laughing with him (or at him! )
Have you ever heard the phrase "just messin with you?"
Old June 8th, 2007, 12:48 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Exactly!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 8th, 2007, 12:52 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Yeah, I saw bunjee's comment, but didn't respond due to being in denial over the possibility that Hasbro won't be answering any of our FAQ concerning mixed matches.
I'm imagining it is quite likely they won't answer them. Especially WotC. They probably already have a canned answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by made up WotC email
Dear WishfulDreamer:
Thank you for contacting Hasbro with your question about Heroscape Marvel.

As indicated in the name "Heroscape Marvel" this release of the Build and Battle game system is comprised of its own system under the Marvel genre and is not intended to be combined with the Valhalla genre.

I hope that answers your question(s). If there is anything else I can help you with, please visit www.hasbro.com or respond to this e-mail.
And then everyone can freak out and say that the answer is completely contradictory to what Craig said in the podcast, and many messages will be exchanged, and Craig will have to spend a bunch of time trying to figure out answers to combinations they didn't play test. Next thing you know, it will be Sept 08 before we see Wave 8.

Play whatever you want with whatever you want. But don't get too bent out of shape if Hasbro won't support your questions on it.

Oh, and to all of you still trying to argue with SkyKnight...

He is yanking your chain, if you hadn't been able to tell
Old June 8th, 2007, 12:59 PM

ok, bunjee, loving the quoting of a fictional email here! good stuff.

Old June 8th, 2007, 02:58 PM

philowar is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
~Aldin, who still also suspects no Marvel commons
Please, Lord, let this be true. Is there a petition we can sign? No Squadscape in the Marvel realm?
Old June 8th, 2007, 03:08 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by philowar
Quote:
Please, Lord, let this be true. Is there a petition we can sign? No Squadscape in the Marvel realm?
But we need the military units for the super villains to destroy en masse.
Old June 8th, 2007, 03:14 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee
Quote:
Quote:
But we need the military units for the super villains to destroy en masse.
Heroscape needs a few more "modern" military units anyway. Just make any sort of "fodder" unit a Heroscape Common squad and if we want to use them that way, we'll just mix the two games a bit. I already plan to use Microcorp Agents as SHIELD troops until something better comes along.
Old June 8th, 2007, 03:20 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse

Heroscape needs a few more "modern" military units anyway. Just make any sort of "fodder" unit a Heroscape Common squad and if we want to use them that way, we'll just mix the two games a bit. I already plan to use Microcorp Agents as SHIELD troops until something better comes along.
Bubu...but... but it states quite clearly in chapter 16, verse 8 that "Thou shalt not play the Marro alongside the Spider... that is Abomination!!1!"

And again in chapter 21, verse 187... "Do not test Hasbro, for it is a powerful and vengeful gamemaker."

And finally in chapter 32, verse something-or-other... "Sgt. Drake wept."
Old June 8th, 2007, 03:29 PM
regurgitation cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse

Bubu...but... but it states quite clearly in chapter 16, verse 8 that "Thou shalt not play the Marro alongside the Spider... that is Abomination!!1!"

And again in chapter 21, verse 187... "Do not test Hasbro, for it is a powerful and vengeful gamemaker."

And finally in chapter 32, verse something-or-other... "Sgt. Drake wept."
I appologize for the bolded profanity above.
Old June 8th, 2007, 05:14 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:
But whether or not Spider-Man's personality is a bit on the wimpy side, he still has incredible strength, as in he could rip your head off with his hands strength. I think his attack rating should reflect that.
He COULD. But he WON'T. Therein lies the issue.
Guess I'd have to agree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
But isn't he at least way stronger physically than Cap?
Yes, Spider-man SHOULD be stronger physically than Cap. However, between the two I'd wager on Cap. The Attack value is more than just a measure of strength, but takes into account fighting skill as well.
And this as well. Maybe Spider-Man should just stop being such a wimp. To think he was my favorite superhero as a kid. I still have a soft spot for him though.
I have a soft spot for Spidey too. It's his humanity that makes him entertaining I think. If he was just a straight up killer or soldier like Wolverine or Cap, he'd be less interesting.

Although there was a cool issue where Spidey got really really pissed and let loose on Iron Man, completely beating the crap out of him and encasing him in webbing....I saw preview pages of it in a copy of Wizard or the back of some other comic. Cool stuff.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion