Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 12th, 2009, 09:29 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Warren OH - May 16, 2009 Birthday Bash!

Hey everyone - time for another Youngstown tournament, this time in nearby Warren, Ohio - the First Annual killercactus Invitational Heroscape Tourney Birthday Bash. The owner of All American thought it would be better if we used their bigger store in Warren since the maps take up a bit of space and the Boardman store is kinda small. Plus, I think it's closer to the Cleveland-ish crowd.

The tournament will be May 16th. Sign up starts at 11, dice roll at 12. Here's the address of the venue:

All American Cards and Comics
161 W. Market Street
Warren, OH 44481

I hope we can still get a good number of people for this - we have about two months of notice here for people to become available. Bring your own figures, army cards, order markers, dice and a prize for the prize table. Repaints are legal as long as the sculpt isn't modified. Other customs are "right out".

For the restrictions - I'm thinking 530 points, 24 hexes, no Marvel and armies must be completely from one Valkyrie general. The only exception will be Aquilla - we will assume she is allied with Ullar since they have some good synergy (Spider scouts and Master Woo), and she's low on units. Let me know if that's cool or if there's any suggestions for changes. Each round will last an hour. Partial scoring with losing points, like in Lorain, unless someone has a better idea.

Here are the maps I'm leaning towards:

and BADRU VALLEY:

Also, I promised in Lorain I would play Runa. General specific format isn't the best for Runa (since I really like to play the AE with her), but I won't break my word. At least I still get Minions....

Definites at this point:

killercactus
phantazm21zero
Brad "What am I going to do when I can't play Nilfheim AND Cyprien?" Seelbach
southwest ninja barring any "stupid"
Darkness1717
Darkness' Dad Steve
Raudulfr Shieldcrusher barring a wedding booking
BrownsFan82
Tony "It's My House" Martini
KCU Master 2007 and his brother, even though I'm afraid of them
Heath
Josh
Jordan
Mechabeast

Possibles:

Tiberius

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; May 14th, 2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old March 12th, 2009, 10:18 PM

Scorpion5 is surprisingly tart
Re: Warren OH - May 16, 2009 Birthday Bash!

Put me down as a possible for now.

I like the idea of fielding armies from a single general too.
Old March 12th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Actually, Killercactus, I will be home this weekend and may even be able to come up. I'll have to try to pull some strings. It'll be, literally, the day before I move out of the house though if I can. Otherwise, I will be moving out on the 16th.

I'll have to look it over, but the general specific army sounds awesome to me.

And do you really want my little brother, the minion kid, to show up again? Honestly now, lets not embarrass you
Old March 13th, 2009, 06:54 AM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post
Actually, Killercactus, I will be home this weekend and may even be able to come up. I'll have to try to pull some strings. It'll be, literally, the day before I move out of the house though if I can. Otherwise, I will be moving out on the 16th.

I'll have to look it over, but the general specific army sounds awesome to me.

And do you really want my little brother, the minion kid, to show up again? Honestly now, lets not embarrass you
I'll have Minions this time, and I plan on stealing his dice cup before the tourney starts and punting it across the street.

I'm leaning towards:

Runa - 120
Minions x2 - 340
Stingers x3 - 520
Isamu - 530

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 13th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

I should be down barring unforseen stupid.
Old March 13th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation

I am only a possible, I would love to make it but I might have to work that day. I wont know until closer to the date, as in that month. My power plants outage is scheduled right around there.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old March 13th, 2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
I am only a possible, I would love to make it but I might have to work that day. I wont know until closer to the date, as in that month. My power plants outage is scheduled right around there.
Outage schmoutage. So what if an entire plant goes out? Big deal! Heroscape is far more important.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 14th, 2009, 08:18 PM

Darkness1717 is surprisingly tart

My dad and I are coming. I might bring a friend.
Man you couldn't have made it any harder to make armies for this tourney could you KC. I cannot make a really good army out of one general's army.
Old March 15th, 2009, 01:02 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

I can think of 3 without even trying...
Old March 15th, 2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness1717 View Post
My dad and I are coming. I might bring a friend.
Man you couldn't have made it any harder to make armies for this tourney could you KC. I cannot make a really good army out of one general's army.
It's definitely a little tougher, but it makes you think outside the box a bit. If you want some ideas, you could try here.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 16th, 2009, 09:46 PM

In case anyone is feeling ambitious about lesser used units, here's some armies to try out that I think are still solid:

Gilbert - 105
Sir Dupuis - 265
Knights of Weston x3 - 475
Zetacron / Sullivan - 525/530

Venoc Warlord - 120
Armocs x2 - 250
Aubriens x4 - 530

Khosumet - 75
Badru x1 - 155
Anubians x5 - 530

(not really any bad units in here - I can't think of a good Valguard build, and forget the Tagawa Archers and EI)
Zelrig - 185
10th Foot x3 - 410
Kaemon Awa - 530

Nakitas - 120
Skahen - 240
Laglor - 350
Gorillinators x2 - 530

EDIT: On an unrelated note, where's Shieldcrusher?

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; March 16th, 2009 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Where is that crazy dude?
Old March 17th, 2009, 06:31 PM

Darkness1717 is surprisingly tart

I'm just not used to making one general armies.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events