Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old May 20th, 2019, 08:53 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] UNIT NAME (Glyph of Recall) - Pod 0 - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
That looks good to me. Why the condition about not being able to place it symbol-side up in any homemade scenarios, though?
Cribbed from Kelda. Its so you can’t waste it by accident.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 20th, 2019, 09:04 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
That looks good to me. Why the condition about not being able to place it symbol-side up in any homemade scenarios, though?
Cribbed from Kelda. Its so you can’t waste it by accident.
Ah, I see. Looks like I always played Kelda wrong by hiding it as a child.
Old May 21st, 2019, 07:43 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Yeah seems great. I love that I feel this was a collaborative design as each line or phrase was suggested by different people (including those ripped from Kelda). Here’s hoping all the designs go this way!
Old May 21st, 2019, 08:50 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

If there are no more concerns, I think we can move this to the testing phase this weekend (to give anyone else a chance to comment).

I believe the most important pieces to test include:
Kyrie Squads
Cavalry Squads
Krav Maga Agents
Downed Marro Warriors (to get a feel of how this glyph could interact with the Phoenixes pre-design)
Airborne Elite
Havechmech Incendiborgs

All of these squads have big stats or self-revival mechanics that could be annoying. I don’t think any of them with be game breaking however. This should cover 6+ games alone. I’d also advocate a few games without the above units in them to help with the spread.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 21st, 2019, 10:03 AM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Good suggestions on testing. Also how does this work when a figure (destroyed or not) is on the card of another figure, ala:
  • Skeletons of Annellintia' Necromancy
  • Ebon Armor's Animated Material
  • Mok's Dwarven Gunners/Gunner Casualties (who are not destroyed when placed on Mok but wording of Gunner Casualties says "remove one Dwarf" instead of "destroy one Dwarf"; also after Mok is destroyed the Dwarves are still not destroyed)
  • Marro Gnids' Cling (who are not destroyed)
I am guessing Skeletons and Ebon would come off the card but Gnids and Dwarves would not (as are not destroyed), but "removed" dwarfs would come back. Kinda throws a wrench into the simplicity of Glyph power, but I am sure we can do FAQ or something for these powers.

Last edited by lefton4ya; May 21st, 2019 at 10:22 AM.
Old May 21st, 2019, 11:16 AM
I could go

Thumbs up Re: [Pod 0] UNIT NAME (Glyph of Recall) - Pod 0 - Design

I am going to rule it the way I’d rule how Sturla interacts with them (and how it interacts with the Viking Spirits too). Additionally, this post from Xotli regardling Clinging Gnids should agree and give this ruling precedent: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...26&postcount=6

If a figure was actually destroyed it Recall-able.

Skellies on an Army Card: Good to recall.
Ebon Armor on an Army Card: Good to recall.
Dwarves on Mok: Nope.
Dwarvern Casualties from Mok: Nope.
Gnids on an Army Card: Nope.
Unplaced Figures because you ran out of SZ spaces: Nope. (This one will get an FAQ out of courtesy.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 24th, 2019, 01:57 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Destroyed = can be Recalled.
Not destroyed = cannot be Recalled.

Basically.

I don't think we need "in the game" since nothing ever applies to previously played games. Otherwise I think this makes a good glyph.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 2nd, 2019, 09:40 AM
I could go

I believe this glyph can officially enter the testing phase since no additional voices have questioned it. Updating the OP now.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 2nd, 2019, 04:23 PM

Re: [Pod 0] Glyph of Recall - Pod 0 - Testing

I understand @NecroBlade ’s thinking in not needing “in the game”, but I just wanted to make sure upon reading the power for newbies that it means if at lest one figure from you OR your opponent OR teammate is destroyed, so “in the game” was the easiest wording I thought of to clarify that. But if there is other wording please suggest, or if people feel it is not necessary than I’d be OK with current wording.
Old June 21st, 2019, 08:33 AM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Your figures and your opponent's (and your teammate's) all qualify as "previously destroyed Squad figures". There's no need to clarify since we're not ruling anything out. If we felt the need to do anything, maybe throw an "any" in front of that phrase.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 21st, 2019, 10:31 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I think that the "When one of your figures stops here, you must choose a previously destroyed Squad figure..." in the OP is pretty clear. Making it mandatory to choose a previously destroyed Squad figure inherently makes me feel like it could also be a negative effect (even if in practice it never will). We could always change "a previously destroyed" to "any previously destroyed" to make it even clearer, but I don't think it should be that big of a problem.

The benefit of adding an "in the game" to the clause would be that we can specifically prevent a squad figure from being revived with some sort of power by removing them from the game rather than destroying them. Nothing comes to mind for a current use for that, though, and I'm not particularly fond of adding that in the same set as the glyph itself, so I think that we're fine without that clause.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 11:39 AM

So how about this...

Temporary Glyph
Figures may only stop on this Glyph if there are one or more any previously destroyed Squad figures. When one of your figures stops here, you must choose a previously destroyed Squad figure and place it adjacent to your figure. This glyph cannot be placed symbol-side up in any scenario you may create.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs