Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old May 19th, 2019, 12:45 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [Pod 0] UNIT NAME (Lantern Geists) - Design

I like the direction we’re going here. Honored Soulguides as a name, Psychopomp as a class, and Wise or Stoic.
Old May 19th, 2019, 03:13 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I like Stoic.

What if Dying Lights (would Guiding Lights be better?) triggered when they were attacked? Don't get me wrong, I like putting figures on other cards as much as the next guy, but this way it would be a little more tied to a figure thematically, instead of choosing anything when they are destroyed.

Something like:

Quote:
When a [Lantern Geist] is destroyed by a normal or special attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 19 or higher, destroy the attacking figure.
Slightly weak to Common Squads (since they won't get nearly as much value back), but there aren't any in this set anyway.

EDIT: Added some current discussion points to the OP.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 19th, 2019, 03:26 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

So they only get to roll for Lights twice? That makes them much weaker, imo. We still have no clue what the rest of the set looks like, so we might end up with a 50 point squad that easily counters these guys.

At least the Zetts sort of had a reason to be played.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 19th, 2019, 03:49 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Use Stealth Flying and high Defense to harass important figures into either disengaging or taking a shot and potentially dying. For this version, the roll could be lowered from 19 (Atlaga auto-kills anything on a 16+, though that's not exactly something I'd aim for ). Another possibility would be going the Grimnak/Braxas route: auto-kill (or super low roll) against Commons/Squads and high roll for Uniques/Heroes.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 19th, 2019, 04:40 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

If we wanted to make Dying Lights trigger only when the ghost is destroyed (which I'm totally open to exploring), then I think that the roll would need to be lowered. They'd largely be useless with just a 10% auto-destroy revenge mechanic, but I don't want them to be too cheap since they do have the potential to swing the game in their favor.

I'd be fine with an auto-destroy against squad figures and a 16+ required to destroy heroes, although I kind of like the idea of squads countering these guys to some extent.
Old May 19th, 2019, 05:52 PM

Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker

who wins if the lantern geist is the last figure in your army, fighting against the last figure in the opponents army?

other than that i like how they would affect gameplay. Maybe it would be better to do it like the dying swipe from the frost giant of morh, because they only get to do it twice per game and this way its more likely their deathwish will have effect. you could roll 2 unblockable dice for the first one and 1 die for the last one.
Old May 20th, 2019, 12:16 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

What about if a Soulguide is attacked, then you roll?
Old May 20th, 2019, 01:20 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I still prefer the place on a unique Army Card version (even with a lowered roll chance). It has a fair number of implications against Shark and Menacer units without negatively affecting most Leader or Cheerleader units. Forcing Dying Lights against the attacker also feels too vengeful for Jandar, imo. This route is also simpler from a game-tying perspective, as @Airballshooter has questioned. Both versions are equally fitting for a Master Set, but a more “unique” variant generally would get my vote.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 24th, 2019, 01:50 PM

No matter when the power triggers, or which figure they're rolling for, the whole concept is a bit vengeful in practice. It would make more sense for Jandar if they helped guide your own figures in some way, IMO.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 24th, 2019, 06:59 PM

What would that look like? Bringing figures back?

Perhaps them being able to use abilities from destroyed army cards?
Old May 26th, 2019, 02:37 PM

Hmm. Just spitballing something different:

Quote:
GUIDING LIGHTS
When a Unique [Hero] figure you control is destroyed, you may place that figure on this card.

ETERNAL REST
Before taking a turn with [Lantern Geists] you may remove a Unique [Hero] figure from this card. If you do, [Lantern Geists] may use all special powers on that figure's card until the end of the turn.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 26th, 2019, 03:30 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Using the powers on other cards sounds like a rules/editing mess, but I like the basic concept. How about:

Living Will
Whenever a Unique figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of an Honored Soulguide is destroyed, you may place that figure on this army card. Up to a maximum of 3 other figures may be placed on this card. Add 1 to the Honored Soulguides’ attack and defense for each other figure on this army card.

With, I dunno, 2/4 stats? Goes for a theme of carrying on the will of the fallen rather than direct vengeance.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs