Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old May 17th, 2019, 09:27 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] UNIT NAME (Eldrazi Ruiner) - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I'm fine with that clause since it's thematic enough, but it won't discourage pulling a single ally too much if Gravity Crush gains strength with each engaged figure.
Which is fine with me if a player wants to make a sacrifice to the void to try to hit harder.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 17th, 2019, 09:30 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I'm fine with that clause since it's thematic enough, but it won't discourage pulling a single ally too much if Gravity Crush gains strength with each engaged figure.
Which is fine with me if a player wants to make a sacrifice to the void to try to hit harder.
When you put it that way, how could I refuse?
Old May 18th, 2019, 05:27 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I like forcing the Ruiner to use GravCrush if it uses GravPull. It’s thematic, and helps prevent a player from using it as an extra Carry option.

I massively prefer a Special Attack version of GravCrush. This thing is likely going to be the most powerful unit, and autowounding powers don’t feel particularly powerful against Heroes. While we can certainly create another squad-killer like TKN, I’m not really into it. TKN was somewhat dissapointing in his own Master Set compared to Q10 to me, with his saving grace being the Nagrub-nuggets. The robot’s thematic boost was because of his varied armaments, something that makes you think of old Mecha cartoons.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 19th, 2019, 02:48 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I massively prefer a Special Attack version of GravCrush.
I see what you did there. I'm leaning that way as well, just wanted to get the d20 version out there since I had thought it up while earlier discussion was going on. EDIT: Added current discussion to OP for easy reference.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 23rd, 2019, 10:37 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m thinking we can start testing at 220 points for this beast.

Any ideas for left box stats?

Maybe Utgar/PurplePeopleEater/Devourer/Relentless?

He Devours everything with GravPull and GravCrush. He’s relentless is his pursuit of destruction and death. And he’s purple.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 23rd, 2019, 12:36 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Purple People Eater is the only proper choice for a species here. Anything else like Alien or some gibberish, nonsynergistic name is clearly invalid.

Devourer and Relentless work for me, although I'd rather see him in Valkrill rather than Utgar if we're going for the black hole theme rather than an eldritch one. It better matches the mass consummation in my opinion, and Utgar already has plenty of units on his own (with other likely candidates like Ob Nixilus in this set).

If we do want to present this guy as some Lovecraftian horror, then I could see him in Utgar instead to match the Mindflayers thematically. The main difference to my knowledge is whether he'll be able to be used in Ornak hodgepodges or not, which although fun, typically aren't the most competitive of armies.
Old May 23rd, 2019, 01:08 PM
I could go

I can live with him following Valkrill, although to be fair Valkrill has oppurtunities in this set already with Shadow Zombies and Lily. Giving him the Eldrazis does give him some more Sci-Fi which Id be happy with, though.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 23rd, 2019, 11:54 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I’m not completely confident that the current version of Gravity Pull will play well in the set (it seems pretty easy to play around, even moreso for an all-uniques master set) but I could see us moving to testing here and seeing how it plays.
Old May 24th, 2019, 12:03 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

If it turns out that’s not super ideal, I feel like it’s an easy theme to re-mechanic.
Old May 24th, 2019, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
If it turns out that’s not super ideal, I feel like it’s an easy theme to re-mechanic.
That's true. We've already tossed around a ton of gravity-based ideas in this thread. Many kinds of movement/pull abilities can work well with the AOE Gravity Crush SA, so if the "pull all figures within 2 spaces after moving" isn't fun or is too easy to avoid, we can go back to the drawing board on that.
Old May 24th, 2019, 01:56 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I might get slapped for this, but how about adding adding Bonding to Eldrazi Scions to bond with the Eldrazi Ruiner? It is such a "classic" but simple power that I think should be in a master set, as the only one we had was Nagrubs Lifebonding, and we have not seen straight up bonding in an Unique Squad. We could make the species/personality/size/etc that we choose to bond on also apply to other already released figures, but should be fine with just one hero with one squad. GRAVITY CRUSH gets power for each adjacent figure and bonding allows squads can move adjacent, so if we added this we might not even need GRAVITY PULL, although I like that power anyway. We can also make the Scions somehow impervious to GRAVITY CRUSH.

Thoughts?
Old May 24th, 2019, 02:22 PM

I responded to the Bonding idea in the Brainstorm thread (since it would be for the SPACE SHRIMP, though with obvious implications here).

I think Pull/Crush works fine even in the context of this set. Pulling in just two figures is two attacks of 3, which isn't bad. Pending potential defensive powers, you could also just want a special attack to for being special. It's also OK to have things that work better outside the set (see: Grimnak, Mimring); Rise of the Valkyrie didn't have any Commons, either.

Also, Valkrill works here for me.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs