Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old May 17th, 2019, 06:10 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [AotV] Pre-Brainstorming Thread

The sun marker could be used as a healing mechanism, if it’s a priestess of the sun situation.
Old May 17th, 2019, 06:17 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
The sun marker could be used as a healing mechanism, if it’s a priestess of the sun situation.
I like this. Maybe units with at least 1 Sun Marker heal by 1 wound each round.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 17th, 2019, 10:51 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Shrimp From Outer Space (Scions)
6 Move
1 Range
2 Attack
6 Defense

Scatter: from the Rats
Venomous Tendrils 7: After wounding with their normal attack, on a 7+ the target takes an extra wound from Poison Damage.

A weak, pesky squad. They could be *the* screening unit in the set, and would let the Lantern Geists and the Leyline Phantoms have something to actually counter.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 18th, 2019, 12:13 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
6 Move
1 Range
2 Attack
6 Defense

Venomous Tendrils 7: After wounding with their normal attack, on a 7+ the target takes an extra wound from Poison Damage.

A weak, pesky squad. They could be *the* screening unit in the set, and would let the Lantern Geists and the Leyline Phantoms have something to actually counter.
I like this. One thing that's interesting is that the figures themselves for these units are actually quite large, which would be nicely reflected in the high defense stat. The only thing that seems a little off on first glance is that the design doesn't "feel" like a unique squad to me, but thats a relatively minor quibble that I could have my mind changed on.
Old May 18th, 2019, 12:17 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I like this. Maybe units with at least 1 Sun Marker heal by 1 wound each round.
At this point, have we definitely limited ourselves to using only the markers that come in the set? Since people will need to print out the cards and order markers for themselves anyway, I don't necessarily see a huge problem with asking them to print out some special markers for units as well, although I can certainly see why we would want to avoid that if possible.
Old May 18th, 2019, 12:27 PM

What do people think of these stats and abilities for Jace and his illusions?

Jace

4 Life
5 Move
6 Range
4 Attack
3 Defense

Soulfire Special Attack
Range 6, Attack 4.
If Jace inflicts at least one wound using his Soulfire Special Attack, he may attack one additional time.

Maintain the Illusion
All Illusions within 6 clear sight spaces of Jace may add 1(?) to their defense.

Arcane Illusions

1 Life
5 Move
6 Range
4 Attack
3(?) Defense

Projected Image
Before taking a turn with an Archmage you control, you may exchange the space locations of that Archmage with an Illusion you control. If engaged, neither figure will take leaving engagement attacks.

Illusory Attack
When an Illusion inflicts at least one wound on a figure using a normal attack, their turn immediately ends.

I think Illusory Attack would really help to keep the power level of the Illusions in check, and I like how Jace's Soulfire Attack is similar enough to the Illusions' attack to thematically feel like they are projections of him, but mechanically distinct enough to create interesting decisions regarding when you want to attack with Jace versus the Illusions. If at all possible, I really want to make the Illusion's movement ability work with Archmages to give Sonlen some synergy.
Old May 18th, 2019, 02:44 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
6 Move
1 Range
2 Attack
6 Defense

I like this. One thing that's interesting is that the figures themselves for these units are actually quite large, which would be nicely reflected in the high defense stat. The only thing that seems a little off on first glance is that the design doesn't "feel" like a unique squad to me, but thats a relatively minor quibble that I could have my mind changed on.
I know what ya mean, but I figured this could be a simple design direction. PK had something to do with removing OM’s or something. That could also be cool.

Quote:
At this point, have we definitely limited ourselves to using only the markers that come in the set? Since people will need to print out the cards and order markers for themselves anyway, I don't necessarily see a huge problem with asking them to print out some special markers for units as well, although I can certainly see why we would want to avoid that if possible.
We haven’t commited to only using the markers, so creating extra (likely printable) markers can also work. Let’s just be careful that any designs needing markers are done quite well.

I like your drafts for Jace and his illusion boys!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 18th, 2019, 02:52 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I also want to reiterate that we are under no obligation to use the markers. Unless a design would be better by using them and has a good reason, I'm perfectly content with not using any markers at all.
Old May 19th, 2019, 02:42 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I'd prefer to use the actual markers that come with the set and no more. Yes, we could add more to the PDF at the end, but we've got a handful of markers to design with already and only one thing that's truly necessary to add (Order Markers), so let's keep it simple.

Those Jace/Illusion ideas are similar to what we've been thinking. Illusionary Attack is an interesting drawback. One thing to note is Scatter on the SfOS isn't nearly as effective as it is on Rats without Disengage (not that I'm advocating for either at the moment).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 19th, 2019, 03:27 PM
I could go

Good point, I forgot about Disengage. Just dumping ideas for the minis at this point anyway.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 20th, 2019, 06:05 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm not entirely sure what theme we want for the 4-man zombie squad, but here are my ideas

Life 1
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 2

March of the Dead
Before rolling for initiative each round, if there are no order markers on this army card, you may move (squad name) up to 4 spaces each.

Tough

I like them as resilient, inexorable zombies that close in on their opponent with toughness and inevitability in contrast to the "horde" approach presented by the common zombies. I think Tough is the simplest defensive option for that, but I could see other possibilities.
Old May 21st, 2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
I'm not entirely sure what theme we want for the 4-man zombie squad, but here are my ideas

Life 1
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 2

March of the Dead
Before rolling for initiative each round, if there are no order markers on this army card, you may move (squad name) up to 4 spaces each.

Tough

I like them as resilient, inexorable zombies that close in on their opponent with toughness and inevitability in contrast to the "horde" approach presented by the common zombies. I think Tough is the simplest defensive option for that, but I could see other possibilities.
I love this! Really captures the theme of a slowly advancing army of dread. March of the Dead is a really unique and thematic movement ability that should let them get into position easily, and most of the time I don't think you'll want order markers on these guys until the mid to late game anyway.

The design as a whole actually reminded me a bit of the Tarn Viking Warriors. They're both 4 man unique melee squads with four move and three attack, plus a movement power. That being said I think they'll play fairly differently, given the Tarn's burst style movement vs these guys' methodical advance.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs