Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old May 17th, 2019, 10:12 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] UNIT NAME (Lantern Geists) - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
What about Levitation from the Sentinels of Grax instead of Stealth Flying?

Quote:
]Sentinels of Grax do not take falling damage and may ignore all effects from terrain tiles they move onto or occupy.
Imo, Scape Ghosts should stick to Stealth Flying. Even the Phantom Knights (who clearly look like they should be walking), have Stealth Flying.

Plus it is a core HS power, and learning some of the core powers makes it much easier for new players.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 17th, 2019, 04:28 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I also prefer Stealth Flying since it's a staple for classic ghosts in HeroScape, although I could live with levitation if we wanted to remove their ability to disengage. I'm not sure that'd be necessary since they're only a two-person squad, though, and we can give them a slightly lower movement than usual for flying units to prevent them from easily tying up too many figures.
Old May 17th, 2019, 06:15 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Alright since there’s been very little additional back and forth, it’s time to crank out some stats.

Honored Soulguides?
Jandar
Undead
Unique Squad
Psychopomps? Guides?
Resolute? Terrifying? Merciful?

2 Figures
5 Move
1 Range
3 Attack
4 Defense

Dying Lights:
When an Honored Soulguide you control is destroyed, you may place its figure on any Unique Army Card. After that unit takes a turn, you may roll the 20 sided die. On a 19 or 20, that unit is destroyed.

Stealth Flying

70 Points?

What’s everyone think of this? Should Dying Lights be rolled once for all Squad Figures, or once for each Squad figure? Or not affect Squads at all. Should we lower the Move to 4 and the Attack to 2?

Imo:
Dying Lights should work vs Squads, and be rolled once for each squad figure.
Move 5 makes them the slowest Ghost Squad so far, but I can somewhat see dropping it to 4. This would make them even more difficult to use though.
The attack is probably fine at 3, but I wouldn’t be adverse to a drop to 2.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 17th, 2019, 09:48 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I'm fine with 5 move since it's already the slowest (and these guys seem slow to me) but could see 4 maybe. 2A/5D seems better, as I don't see them as a particularly offensive Squad. Let them get killed by being annoying and Stealth Flying in and tying things up.

I'm still not sold on their other power, but if we stick with it and it works against Squads, rolling for each figure is probably a good idea.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 18th, 2019, 03:09 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I think that we can begin with 5 move and move down to 4 if testing shows them to be too strong. I'm happy with 2A/5D, though.

Here's a quick stab at wording for Dying Lights if we want each Squad figure to have a chance of being destroyed:

Quote:
Dying Lights
When a NICE GHOST that you control is destroyed, you may place it on any Unique Army Card. After a figure with a NICE GHOST on its Army Card takes a turn, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 19 or a 20, destroy that figure.
Alternatively, we can still go with 15/16+ dealing one wound, which improves the potency against squads and makes them more consistent overall, but lowers the Ne-Gok-Sa aspect of the design.

For personalities, Merciful feels like a poor fit to me given that they drag people to their doom. Resolute works, albeit it is a little plain. If we wanted a more unique/memorable personality, I'd be fine with going with a Wise angle here or another direction altogether.
Old May 18th, 2019, 03:22 PM
I could go

I like that version of Dying Lights and Wise should work well.

2A/5D is good.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 18th, 2019, 03:55 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I think that we can begin with 5 move and move down to 4 if testing shows them to be too strong. I'm happy with 2A/5D, though.

Here's a quick stab at wording for Dying Lights if we want each Squad figure to have a chance of being destroyed:

Quote:
Dying Lights
When a NICE GHOST that you control is destroyed, you may place it on any Unique Army Card. After a figure with a NICE GHOST on its Army Card takes a turn, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 19 or a 20, destroy that figure.
Alternatively, we can still go with 15/16+ dealing one wound, which improves the potency against squads and makes them more consistent overall, but lowers the Ne-Gok-Sa aspect of the design.

For personalities, Merciful feels like a poor fit to me given that they drag people to their doom. Resolute works, albeit it is a little plain. If we wanted a more unique/memorable personality, I'd be fine with going with a Wise angle here or another direction altogether.
I don’t think we quite have the wording figured out for how to make this power affect individual figures of a squad. Is your intent here to specify that you roll once for each figure? If so, keep in mind that squads take one turn, rather than each figure of the squad taking an individual turn.

Instead, something like “after an opponent takes a turn with an army card with one or more ghosties on it, roll the 20-sided die once for each figure from that army card. If you roll a 19 or 20, destroy that figure.”
Old May 18th, 2019, 04:36 PM

"Once for each figure from that Army Card" works fine for me.
Old May 18th, 2019, 04:47 PM

Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker

Maybe i am a bit late for this, since you guys already discussed alot, but still throwing this idea in here.

Lantern geists:

Life: 1
Move:4
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Def: 5

Undead
Unique Squad
Guards
Terrifying

<Name needed>:

Lantern Geists do not start the game on the battlefield. At the start of the game choose a Unique (Tricky) Hero you control. If the chosen hero dies, before removing him from the battlefield, you may immediately place all Lantern Geists within 3 spaces of the chosen hero. Lantern Geists that cannot be placed get destroyed. All Order Markers on the chosen Heroes army card will be placed on the Lantern Geists' army card.

Stealth Flying.

60 Points?
Old May 18th, 2019, 04:55 PM
I could go

It’s a good power, but really niche imo. It would be a little more usable if you could trigger it off of any Unique Hero.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 18th, 2019, 05:00 PM

Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker

you mean without choosing a specific hero at the beginning of the match?
why not.

would like to play them with azazel. so i dont lose turns on "rejected by death" and still have something to fight in the frontline
Old May 18th, 2019, 05:04 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airballshooter View Post
you mean without choosing a specific hero at the beginning of the match?
why not.

would like to play them with azazel. so i dont lose turns on "rejected by death" and still have something to fight in the frontline
Yeah, that’s what I’m meaning.

I still prefer Dying Lights but in my defense its my power so I’m fairly biased toward it.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs