Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old May 12th, 2019, 03:13 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [AotV] Arena of the Valkyrie: New Master Set (Main Threa

It's been fun to follow the discussion going on in the Eldrazi Ruiner thread! I was just wondering if you wanted to limit the discussion there to members of the pod (I can totally see the reasons for doing this) or whether non-pod members were welcome to make observations there as well.
Old May 12th, 2019, 03:42 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
It's been fun to follow the discussion going on in the Eldrazi Ruiner thread! I was just wondering if you wanted to limit the discussion there to members of the pod (I can totally see the reasons for doing this) or whether non-pod members were welcome to make observations there as well.
Non-pod members can contribute thoughts, but try to keep them limited.

Fortunately @NecroBlade said he’s gonna start setting up the first normal pod soon, so everyone else can start working on units too!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 12th, 2019, 07:06 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Non-pod members can contribute thoughts, but try to keep them limited.
Correct, this is a public project so we want (and need) your participation. But there will be teams associated with each Pod who will have the final say in everything. Speak up if you have something really important for the Pod or Unit, otherwise get ready to volunteer to be part of a team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Fortunately @NecroBlade said he’s gonna start setting up the first normal pod soon, so everyone else can start working on units too!
Pod 0 is almost fully set up (main thread linked in OP here). Once that's done, we'll get to our first poll!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 17th, 2019, 10:27 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Arena of the Valkyrie: New Master Set (Main Thread)

It is strange to me that this project would not focus on doing one box at a time, considering that the point was (as I understood it) to create a Master Set that a person could buy, already made.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 17th, 2019, 10:31 AM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It is strange to me that this project would not focus on doing one box at a time, considering that the point was (as I understood it) to create a Master Set that a person could buy, already made.
I understand the logic behind that and appreciate a couple of you mentioning it. However, the Pods will move along at their own pace, not necessarily being finished in the order units are voted on. At the end of the project, everything from each set will have a design, but some may have come earlier and some later. Sort of like how the C3V might announce a box of figures, but not necessarily release them all at the same time.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 17th, 2019, 10:44 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quite a bold project you have running here. I would be willing to lend my assistance to the project. Most importantly I can help with quality control, as I have a great deal of experience with that in VC. I can also help with reviewing design ideas.
Old May 17th, 2019, 10:46 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

But there is an opportunity here to aim for something different from what the C3V does, and you are not doing it. By crossing over the one black squad, in fact, you are forcing the buyer to get two boxes, just to get one complete squad. I wish you hadn't done that.

I have no regrets about the C3V release model. It has its strengths; it has its weaknesses. But I thought this was going to be different, and focus on making it possible for people to buy complete master sets. My concern is not the model, which is (after a fashion) the C3V model (though committing to this many minis at once, which we would not do); my concern is how the model relates to this project's priorities.

You try to design everything at once, it will look like the C3V. Some designs will stall; some designing *teams* will stall. I don't see how this model makes it at all likely that a single AotP box will be a complete Master Set in the foreseeable future, and to my mind that was the most exciting thing about this project.

Here endeth my two pennies, offered from outside the Halls of Leadership. Carry on.

= =
Old May 17th, 2019, 10:48 AM

It was always one big Master Set, not three separate ones.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 17th, 2019, 10:53 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ok. I made my vote, for my reason.

= =
Old May 17th, 2019, 10:56 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Ok. I made my vote, for my reason.
We appreciate the inputs DS! One important note about the second box (the smallest one) is that there isn’t any terrain in it. Can’t make a master set without terrain.

And as much variety as possible is another reason we grouped the three boxes together. A bunch of 3 man squads is fine, but if we could get a little more variety, we took the chance.

Please don’t hold that against the project.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 17th, 2019, 10:58 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

It's ok. I can move on without being persuaded.

= =
Old May 17th, 2019, 11:22 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I get the idea that the expectation is that people will buy one of each of the three sets, but the way I am thinking of it is this is more like if there was a terrain set and a wave of figure packs released at the same time - most people buy one of each but there are some sticklers that only buy one "pack" of figures because they like them and wait on the rest to see if they like them later. If all figures in a "pod" don't have to all be released at the same time as the "pods" are more for organizing designers and voting, then it doesn't really matter at all if pods are mixed. But if all figured in a "pod" are going to be released at once similarly to how C3V has been releasing "packs", then I would prefer if each pod came in the same Magic:AotP set. However, I am cool with combining Restless Zombies + Ghoul Vanguard, just as long as Pods with figures from each master set are already released (i.e. people hypothetically do not have to buy the SOI set just for 1 figure)

On a related note I have extra of each of the three sets - PM me if you want to buy but you can probably find most cheaper online shipped to you than me charging $10-15 plus my actual shipping.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs