Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old May 20th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: 6FlagsManiac's Custom's - Carnage

I wonder if his Symbiotic Projectiles shouldn't be a special attack and his normal range dropped to 1? Otherwise his ranged attack gets better if he's negated (I think Griff commented something about this earlier) which is off. Then if he has melee range, the attack of 7 might make more sense.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 20th, 2012, 05:07 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've never actually read a comic book with Carnage in it, so I don't know how he actually is portrayed. I do know that from a scan of Carnage's Marvel Encyclapedia entry (I love that book, btw), it says that the bond between Carnage and Kasady is much stronger than Venom's and that Carnage is a whole lot more violent and destructive.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old May 20th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Destructive, yes, hence the multi attacks. Actually having combined strength of Spidey and Venom, not that I have seen.
Old May 20th, 2012, 05:17 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think it was you, Griffin, that actually changed the way I think about attack value. It was when I was doing my Spidey customs and wanted to up Spidey's attack to six or something because Spidey is so strong. But then you (I think it was you, anyway) pointed out that attack value also represents the style of fighting; so Spidey only has four attack because he plays around and wears his opponent out more than actually using pure brute strength to knock them out. This is how I did my Spidey/Venom/Carnage attack

Spidey- 5, weakest of the three
Venom- 6, has been portrayed as stronger than Spidey
Carnage- 7, said to be stronger than Venom, more violent than either Spidey or Venom.

I see it as Apidey wants to beat the guy up and leave him for the police, Venom wants to beat the guy (in Spidey's case, seriously hurt him), and Carnage takes pleasure in killing/hurting the other guy. That's my logic, at least.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old May 20th, 2012, 07:21 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Well when you put in the perspective of me being right, it makes sense.

That break down does make a bit of sense, and if I am being honest, it is my belief in the C3G Superman having an attack of 7 that keeps me from believing in Carnage having an attack of 7. But C3G projections don't belong in this conversation, though it is hard for me to quarantine it in my mind. Also, if I really wanted to, I could easily convince myself that Superman pulls his punches all the time, where Carnage never does.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:04 PM

6FlagsManiac is surprisingly tart

Hey guys, sorry about not reading all this earlier, hope you all still see it. But i am kinda set on his attack at 6, thank you for taking the time to help with the card, it will be open to change as long as i see the need for it to be. Batman, could you expand on your theory? I'm not quite sure i understand, much appreciated guys!
Old May 22nd, 2012, 10:48 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well right now he has his base attack (I guess it's 6 now) and his normal range, and he has a special power that subtracts one from his attack for each space between him and the defending figure.

But if someone negates him and wipes out his special powers, then he's allowed to consistently attack with 6 dice no matter how far away he's attacking (within his range, of course). So negating him makes him stronger, which seems "off" thematically.

Now if you gave him a normal range of 1, you could give him a special attack for his Symbiotic Projectiles that has a range of 4 or 5 or whatever and an attack of 6, but subtracts one from the attack for each space kind of like that power does now.

Then, if he got negated, he wouldn't have any range at all, so he'd be weaker instead of more powerful like he would be now.

Then, since his normal range would be 1, you might be able to better get away with him having a normal attack of 7, since he wouldn't be able to use it from range or get height as easily.

Make sense?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 22nd, 2012, 10:52 PM

Ahhh, i see what you mean, great point, but i feel if i turned it into a full fledged special ability it would take up a lot of room on the card, any ways of wording the ability that you think are short enough?
Old May 22nd, 2012, 10:55 PM

I think you could go very close to what you have for the special power now, just call it a special attack and give it range and attack. But, really, I've gotta let you figure something out yourself.

Old May 22nd, 2012, 11:04 PM

Hey 6FlagsManiac, when are you gonna start helping out with C3G threads, or do you intend to keep this relationship a one way street?
Old May 22nd, 2012, 11:04 PM

Aha well i was thinking like an attack of 4 but could attack twice with it, maybe, i'll play test it and see how it goes. Btw, your right, i ask you about way too much stuff
Old May 22nd, 2012, 11:05 PM

And Griffin, i signed up for playtesting prowler, havent gotten around to it yet, but trust me, i plan on being an active guy around c3g

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations