Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 4th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Blob C3G X-Men Master Set - Playtesting Phase

Sounds like you're getting in some good testing already, Hahma! Sadly, I'll be away from NY until about the 16th or 17th, so it's going to be pretty late in the month before I can start playtesting.
Once I get back, though, I hope to be able to hit it hard.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 8th, 2010, 08:13 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Ideas for upcoming playtests:

Heavy Hitter: Blob vs Sonlen
Sonlen's normal attack will have a hard time punching through, but his specials will wear Blob down and draw the game out. We'll see if 5 Attack/Defense comes out on top against d20 luck.

Squad Test: Blob vs 2x Wolves of Badru
This one plays to Blob's weakness to special attacks, and as a single-attack hero, we'll see how long he can hold out.

Melee Army (@350 points): Blob, Kozuke Samurai, Crixus vs 3x Anubian Wolves, Khosumet, Tarn Vikings
Blob and Crixus tie things up for the Kozuke to charge in. The Anubians play the waiting game for high attacks to get through Blob's team's defensive abilities.

Ranged Army (@350 points): Blob, 2x Mohican River Tribe, Brave Arrow vs 2x Arrow Gruts, Krug, Mimring

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 8th, 2010, 08:57 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looking forward to all the results and so jealous I can't playtest yet.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 8th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Good stuff Necro, looking forward to see how he does for you.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 9th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Got done with Blob this morning and here's his test sheet. Remember to link it on the first page Bats.

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT ___Blob @ 160 pts__

C3G CHECK LIST FEEDBACK FORM
- Theme/ Does it pass, if not, list your Theme Check observations. Pass
- Mirror/ Does it pass, if not, list your Mirror Check observations. Pass
- Bonding/ Does it pass, if not, list your Bonding Check observations. Pass
- Synergy/ Does it pass, if not, list your Synergy Check observations. Pass
- Power/ Does it pass, if not, list your Power Check observations. Pass
C3G PLAY TEST FEEDBACK FORM
(Be sure to list what official units you used and what BoV map you used per section below.)
-
-Squad/ Does it pass? Pass
-Played on Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh vs. Anubian Wolves x2 (150 points).
-
Blob took the victory on turn 3 of round 3. He had 4 wounds and killed 5 Anubians (1 had died from Unleashed Fury roll of 1). He faced Unleashed Fury roll of 20 for attacks of 9 by 2 adjacent Anubians and took 4 wounds. One other time he faced 1 Anubian with 9 attack dice but they only rolled 2 skulls that he easily defended. Blob did as expected considering his Blubber is really tough against normal attacks, especially lower normal attacks that would require him to whiff defense dice to take wounds.

I also played on the same map with Blob vs. 10th Regiment x2 (150 points)

Blob won on turn 6 of round 3. He had 5 wounds. The 10th have low attacks, so it took him whiffing on two occasions to take 4 wounds and only getting 2 shields (1 actual) vs. a 3 skull attack. Again, Blob should do this against this type of opponent. He was able to engage them well enough as they have average range, plus they attempted wait and fire when possible to get extra attack die.

-
-Heavy Hitter/ Does it pass? Pass
-Played against Sonlen (160 points) on Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh.
-
-Test 1 Blob won with 3 wounds on turn 5 of round 2.
-Test 2 Blob won with 2 wounds on turn 3 of round 2.
-Test 3 Sonlen won with 2 wounds on turn 5 of round 2.
-Test 4 Sonlen won with 4 wounds on turn 3 of round 2.
-Test 5 Blob won with 2 wounds on turn 6 of round 2.

Blob’s Blubber helped most of the time against Sonlen’s normal attack, except for a couple whiffs when rolling defense dice. Sonlen had ranged attack to help get off early shot, but didn’t often help. He needed to get into range of Dragon Swoop to bypass Blubber and when it was on, it was on to help get him a couple wins. Also, when Dragon Heal was working, it helped him stay alive longer and on the win when he had 4 wounds, he really took 7 from Blob but was able to heal 3 of them.

Played against Spiderman (160) on same map.

Test 1 Blob won with 5 wounds on turn 5 of round 3.
Test 2 Spidey won with 1 wound on turn 2 of round 4.
Test 3 Spidey won with 3 wounds on turn 1 of round 4.
Test 4 Spidey won with 4 wounds on turn 3 of round 3.
Test 5 Spidey won with 2 wounds on turn 5 of round 3.

These results aren’t surprising. Man, Blob vs. Spidey is a long match. Spidey had great mobility and Swung all over the place to make Blob chase him and miss attacks by just having to move so much. Spidey Sense of course saved Spidey’s bacon most of the time. He only used his normal attack on a couple occasions and that was only with height. His Web attack bypassed Blubber and even lowered Blob’s defense by 1 and that was what always whittled Blob down. No surprises as a mobile opponent with ranged special attack should be a good counter to Blob.

-
- Melee Army/ Does it pass? Pass
Played on Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh.for both tests.

Blob (160) Axegrinders x3 (210) Migol (110) and Kelda (80) for 560 points.

They went against Knights of Weston x3 (210) Sir Gilbert (105) Raelin (80) Frinn (80) and Thorgrim (80) for 555 points.

Test 1- 5 KOW, Gilbert with 0 wounds, and Finn with 0 wounds survive for victory. Blob was killed on turn 4 of round 7 after being surrounded by 4 KOW (3 with height), Finn with height and Gilbert with height. He had put himself in harms way big time to go after Raelin because his Axegrinders and Migol were getting destroyed by the KOW with Raelin’s defense aura. KOW were getting good move help from Gilbert and were rolling at least 2 skulls much of the time vs. the Axegrinders who couldn’t keep up. Blob killed Raelin (all wounds) and 3 KOW (on 4 attacks). Axegrinders had gotten most of the activations and Kelda did a couple as well, one time to take 2 wounds off of Blob when taking 3 wounds after whiffing defense. He was the last man standing for his team against 7 KOW, Gilbert, Finn and Raelin, so while he didn’t have a great supporting cast, he did his job pretty good. The opponent’s team was tops with synergy and after Raelin’s first move all OM’s could go on KOW card to activate them and their hero buddies, so this was an extremely tough army to go against.

Test 2 – Blob (160) Charos (210) Drake (110) and Brave Arrow (50) for 530 points.

They went against Wo-Sa-Ga (135) Cyprien (150) Ornak (100) Sonya (45) Iskra (50) Recchets (50) 530 points.

-Charos with 6 wounds and Drake with 4 wounds survived to win. Blob didn’t have much of a chance this game. He put 1 wound on Cyprien in the 2nd round before Cyprien rolled a 19 (+2 for Sonya) for 21 and put 6 wounds on Blob right off the bat. Dead Blob. Cyprien also did the same thing to Charos, putting 6 wounds on him, but Charos and Drake took care of Cyprien afterwards. WSG took out Brave Arrow, but didn’t last long vs. Drake. The Recchets got summoned in round 2 but never got Lethal Sting vs. Drake. He killed them and moved on to help Charos finish off the other vampires and Ornak. There’s not anything Blob (or even Charos) could do to avoid a lucky d20 roll for Cyprien’s Chilling Touch. Blob’s team still won though, so his cost certainly didn’t keep him from having a good team.
-
-Ranged Army/ Does it pass? Pass
-Due to the new standards for playtesting, I only did one Ranged Army Test.
-
-Played on Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh for both tests.

Blob (160) Dr. Doom (245) Stingers x3 (180) and Warden 816 (90) for 675 points.

They went against Iron Man (240) Captain America (220) and Protectors of Ullar x 2 (220) for 680 points.

2 Protectors of Ullar survive to win. Blob was killed on turn 3 of round 7. He killed 2 Protectors of Ullar, put final 3 wounds on Iron Man and 2 wounds on Captain America. Warden 816 was killed on after his first move in round 1 by Iron Man. It was looking bad early as Iron Man and Captain America were taking it to the Stingers, and Doom went down early after only putting 2 wounds on Captain America. After Captain America went down, it was hard to wound Blob with normal attacks, but POW had height and while he was able to chase some of them down due to their slow movement, he was finally taken down as the last survivor for his team.

Analysis: Overall Blob was fun to play and seemed to play his roll very well. He’s strong against normal attacks of any kind, especially lower ones of commons and while still a handful against special attacks, he can be hurt well enough with those without being overly tough. I didn’t get a chance to test his Immovable special power. One thing I would question about Immovable as it is written, it doesn’t seem to allow a friendly figure to move him either. Perhaps it should be changed to this:

IMMOVABLE
Blob cannot be moved by any special power on any Army Card or Glyph that is controlled by an opponent.

This would allow him to be summoned by Saylind if she was on his team or by a teammate using a glyph to summon him. It would also allow him to be carried by a friendly teammate. Since his Immovability is of his own control, he should be able to be moved via summoning or carried if he chooses to be moved in that fashion.

Old January 9th, 2010, 01:53 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hahma again.
Great stuff, Hahma! I'll make sure to update the first post right away too. So this makes him a pass at 160 points for you? From reading the results, that's sounding like an appropriate cost.
I think that change to Immovable makes a lot of sense too, so I'll also update the first post for that (I doubt it will see any disagreement).

Old January 9th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Prickly Cactus

Yeah, I pretty much like him at 160. Opinions by other playtesters may be different and might require adjustments to his cost, but with my pea brain, I think he's pretty solid as is.

One thing that I thought was kind of funny is that because the "official" Iron Man has no special attack, even with 2 attacks of 5 (with height) he would have a tough time hurting Blob. Same thing vs. Superman too.

Old January 9th, 2010, 02:05 PM

Blob is someone who should be a handful for Superman, though, (with Supes emerging victorious nonetheless), so I like that. In fact, I might have to include Supes in my melee army test if I get a chance to run Blob before you guys finish up all the playtests.
I should be home in about one more week ... just one more week ... though unpacking/etc. might take a day or two as well.

Old January 9th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Prickly Cactus

I didn't mean that about Superman having a tough time vs. Blob without a special attack, I meant that Iron Man would have a tough time vs. Supes Man Of Steel. Heck, Spidey has a better chance with Web Attack vs. both Supes and Blob.

I agree that a battle between Blob and Superman might take a little while (Blubber vs. Steel), but Supes should win.

Old January 9th, 2010, 02:17 PM

Yeah ... part of me really hopes that once we go ala cart, Iron Man is an early selection.
But you know I'll be sticking to DC for the most part.

Old January 9th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Prickly Cactus

Oh yeah, I know you've got to be as excited as a kid on Christmas morning with this opportunity to get some more DC out there.

Personally, I can see this as a way to get a re-do of Iron Man. Some people are thrilled the way he is, but IMO there are so many circumstances where him having a special attack would be more thematic and appropriate.

Old January 9th, 2010, 02:36 PM

Iron Man and Dr. Doom are the two official units I most want to see getting C3G love.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library