Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 2nd, 2011, 07:04 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Bases and stickers

Looks cool! I'm not fond of using the 40mm bases but since they are official as of D3 I can't do much about that. Though I do think huge figures should still have to be on the peanut.

As for the stickers they vary a lot from mini to mini. I am guessing they were die cut made that way for assembly in the factory. Making them look closer to the real thing for printing would take a bit of trial and error as what you see on a screen is rarely calibrated to be what will print out.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 4th, 2011, 06:33 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

I've rebased, oh, maybe 100 figures over the last few days onto the new brown Impact Miniature bases with stickers, and I'm coming to like the stickers more and more. Maybe it's just a matter of adjustment....

Take it all as a package though, combined with the brown bases, and they're winners.
Old November 4th, 2011, 06:37 PM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Looks cool! I'm not fond of using the 40mm bases but since they are official as of D3 I can't do much about that. Though I do think huge figures should still have to be on the peanut.
Wow, really?! Robbdaman, I LOVE the 40mm / D3 bases. Double-hex figures have so many disadvantages on many maps.... I love the movement flexibility that comes with being single-hex. Allows me to make crazier maps without worrying that I'm penalizing big figures as much.
Old November 4th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Its because WotC only made those that way to coincide with the D&D Miniatures product. The D3 large bases were the exact same size as the original D&D Minis larges. Just bothers me that they were trying to force their desires for minis into our already set game. If they were DW9K bases I'd have no problem with them but they aren't. Just bothers me as it was business as usual for WotC with forcing D&D onto every other product they own that isn't Magic. I used to play D&D Minis btw.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 4th, 2011, 06:58 PM

impactminiatures knows what's in an order marker impactminiatures knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
would take a bit of trial and error as what you see on a screen is rarely calibrated to be what will print out.
I threw away a lot of sheets of stickers getting the print out to be as close I could get it. So yes I agree it was a bit of trial and error ... but it was done.
Old November 4th, 2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactminiatures View Post
Quote:
would take a bit of trial and error as what you see on a screen is rarely calibrated to be what will print out.
I threw away a lot of sheets of stickers getting the print out to be as close I could get it. So yes I agree it was a bit of trial and error ... but it was done.
Tom, when are you going to have the new brown bases listed on your website?!
Old November 8th, 2011, 12:40 AM

impactminiatures knows what's in an order marker impactminiatures knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Tom, when are you going to have the new brown bases listed on your website?!
They don't have a picture ... but they are in the store now.

http://www.impactminiatures.net/inde...ile&id=SP_PB3H

http://www.impactminiatures.net/inde...ile&id=SP_PB4H

We have also added Yodajunkie's Peanut bases to the store with his stickers:
HEROSCAPE
http://www.impactminiatures.net/inde...ile&id=SP_YJHS
http://www.impactminiatures.net/inde...ile&id=SP_YJHL
MARVEL
http://www.impactminiatures.net/inde...ile&id=SP_YJMS
http://www.impactminiatures.net/inde...ile&id=SP_YJML
Old November 8th, 2011, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
I'm kinda surprised that Impact Miniatures and Yodajunkie haven't just scanned the original stickers in order to reproduce them perfectly.
To small an area to set up the pattern (as not all bases are identical in the original game.

Quote:
Even just changing the levels in Photoshop -- to mute the bright yellows and greens -- would help.
I did that ... many times to try and get it as close as possible.

The pattern I used came from Malechi. If someone has a pattern that creates a solid Heroscape pattern at 8" x 10 1/2" size. I'm interested in obtaining it if they think it is a closer match than what I'm currently using.
Old November 8th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Tom-
Check out the "Base Stickers" link on GreyOwl's Customization Tools thread. It will download a set of PNG files. Within this set is a solid block of base sticker pattern. In some ways it's closer to official Heroscape. I'd check with GreyOwl and see where he got it and if there would be any copyright concerns.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old November 22nd, 2011, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Tom-
Check out the "Base Stickers" link on GreyOwl's Customization Tools thread. It will download a set of PNG files. Within this set is a solid block of base sticker pattern. In some ways it's closer to official Heroscape. I'd check with GreyOwl and see where he got it and if there would be any copyright concerns.
I've now redone the image used for our stickers trying to take into account all the comments I could fine on the forums for "we like this" ... "we would like this to be better". I hope the new design is a an improvement. Need to get new images for the webstore.

Tom
Old November 26th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Posted this in the C3V Rebasing thread, but it applies here as well.

Received the new stickers from Impact yesterday, so here are some comparison photos.
Old Impact sticker - Classic sticker - new Impact sticker

Still not an exact match to the Classic, but the shades of color and the way they blend are much closer to the Classic style, at least to my eyes.

Here is a comparison shot of the stickers with figures.
A Griffin Templar on the old sticker, a Knight of Weston, and Tarkhyn on th new sticker.

Though the new sticker lacks the defined lines of a Classic sticker, it blends more seamlessly than the old, again IMHO.

Direct comparison of the old and new Impact stickers

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old November 30th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Im late in posting as I recieved my bases and stickers from Impact last week.

I recieved a few free test sheets ( Woot Thanks!! ) for free and they where a test run. Too much green to look official but perfect for swamped themed customs.

The base stickers that where the final product looked good. I didnt get a very good chance to compare yet but I did notice they where darker and did not have the finely detailed lines that the older ones did. When I get home Ill compare them to the others.

I think I prefer the older ones because of the lines and definition but Ill know better when I compare.

I really appreciate all the work Impact does to try and accomodate us and thier prices and service is awesome. I will continue to buy from them in the future.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards