Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old February 28th, 2016, 06:47 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Porting AotP Into Scape

Lord-IVD,

No, you're just the only one trying to do it on this thread! You should start your own for combining all three games, which is a fine idea, but beyond my scope as a non-MTG person.

Everyone is now anchoring their own version of "Blending" with their own thread. Notice that there is now a different thread in this Arena site subforum for each type of combining among the three games. This is based on different ideas and plans, none of which is "wrong."
Old February 28th, 2016, 12:06 PM

Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker

Ok thanks man ...

ALL ARE ONE
Old February 28th, 2016, 12:12 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I think you are the only one trying to put MtG in the mix. It seems like that deserves it's own thread: it is not really on-topic in this thread. It is a cool idea though.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 28th, 2016, 02:48 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Actually, there is a "Porting MTG Into Arena" thread too! Its a newer thread by Confred.
Old February 29th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Actually, there is a "Porting MTG Into Arena" thread too! Its a newer thread by Confred.
Created because it felt off topic in these other threads!

On Topic: AotP Army Cards conveniently tell us points per wound, which would go well with converting AotP squads down to classic-style 1-Life squads.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 10th, 2016, 06:40 AM

Hello Everyone; Been A While,

Now that I've got Innistrad, I've put my summary lists for all three AOTP sets as Post Innistrad Player Aids in the AOTP General Discussion section (see the new thread with that name). I'll be playing some games of it alone--without Scape-- first of course, to get the feel of the new stuff, and hopefully some actual Army and Spell Deck building. I only have one copy of each AOTP set.

My first thoughts are now to blend Scape and AOTP in a more holistic way in the future. Since here in Brooklyn, NY we use giant 30 x 20 hex boards for long four player games, I've warned my three pals from The New York City Gang of Four (see our thread in General Discussion for all of our Scape, Custom Scape, and Super Scale group gaming adventures) that when my GM rotation comes up, they may see AOTP Blended with Scape once more!

The feedback from our earlier blended games some time ago was that the Planeswalkers and their armies are made for very fast games, and the PWs themselves tend to be too much the center of the games. Once they go you lose so much stuff with them that its Game Over for your remaining Scape forces, even if you're not playing with tjhe AOTP PW Elimination Victory Condition. So I'm thinking of "The General and the Mage," where victory instead of just defeating the PW will require taking out a player's PW and a Unique Scape Hero their player designates as his "General/Warlord" to take that player out of the game! This should make the games more balanced between the two systems.

After I get to play the new Innistrad Enhanced AOTP, I'll see if I want to change any of my Blender rules. I feel like AOTP is only now coming into its own!

So if they stop making it now, we'll have enough of a game to carry on with. But fears that that will happen seem to have died down, and folks are expecting another release after the next MTG expansion in the Fall. Considering that Innistrad was originally scheduled for then, later Aug 1, and now I've got it from Amazon in early July, I'm pretty happy. Now, if I can just get some more card sleeves...
Old July 10th, 2016, 07:26 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This last expansion has pushed the boundaries a bit for directly porting.

I'm talking about points. You get some OP figures for 100 Points.

AotP runs on a different scale, because it is a different mode. HS is kill 'em dead. AotP is kill the king. Charos is a beast in HS, but he wouldn't be nearly as valuable in AotP and would thus be lower points. Figures would walk around him, ignoring him and his high points, and focus on the Planeswalker.
The same example is true for the other AotP cards.

Old July 10th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

For Order Markers, you place them like normal Heroscape?
That takes away the flexibility of AotP.

You mix AotP and Heroscape in the same army?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 10th, 2016, 10:01 AM

Confred,

Which is what my new idea is meant to address.

Tornado,

If you're talking to me, my Blender Rules are in the OP of this thread; that's what its all about.
Old July 10th, 2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
For Order Markers, you place them like normal Heroscape?
That takes away the flexibility of AotP.

You mix AotP and Heroscape in the same army?
I use order markers. If they're on the Planeswalker, instead of taking that turn, you may take a turn with a summon.

Old July 10th, 2016, 05:01 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

For cards of Magic:Arena ported into HS, see @aquamaniac27 's WIP - AotP Customs. Or you could do a better way and you play Heroscape but with @TREX 's rules below to allow Plainswalker, creatures, and Magic decks:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I have an updated version of the reference card. @IshMEL , I think a hero healing a squad figure with multiple lives would be fine, as they are somewhat like heroes and have wound markers that can be added or taken away. I don't think it would need to be put in a FAQ or reference though. I added a few more little things for good measure, tell me what you guys think.
Basically, your planeswalker acts as an order marker hub for all your aotp units. I also made this version more pretty or prettier.
My only concern is what if I wanted to have basically Magic:Arena, but add Raelin and/or Deathreavers to it. At a 600 point level, a 520 point Magic:Arena army & deck with Raelin added in would smoke a strict 600 point Magic:Arena army.
Old July 10th, 2016, 07:41 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
My only concern is what if I wanted to have basically Magic:Arena, but add Raelin and/or Deathreavers to it. At a 600 point level, a 520 point Magic:Arena army & deck with Raelin added in would smoke a strict 600 point Magic:Arena army.
I suppose you could house rule it, since you are running House rules anyway.

However saying that 80 points of Raelin is better than any 80 points in squad or hero figures in AotP is almost always also true of Heroscape if you take commons or very specific synergy figures out of the equasion (bonding hero?). Raelin and Deathreavers are just an amazing value, especially in unique only games where you don't have the option of taking another squad of something in your army. They just synergize with so many other units on an amazing level.

If there was a figure that was 80 points, black and boosted Zombies with a +1 attack and +1 defense, you might take that over Raelin.

But I digress, First the Ruiner and the Aeronaut Captian, and now a few of the Heroes (looking at you Avacyn) in the latest set and It looks like AotP armies could reliably beat a heroscape army. The points seem unbalanced to my first glance.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender