Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 18th, 2010, 12:47 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Seattle Game Days

Hey Tommy (CornPuff),
I loved the tournament from last year with the drafted armies. It was great fun. And I like the 'Legacy' rules - it gives some of the lesser played units a better chance to see some action.

I can't make this coming game day (Nov 19th), but I will be hosting at my place on December 4th.

And hey - we have a 4-day weekend with Turkey Day coming up. I'll be staying local, so I could be free and able to host for some pick ups if people are free that weekend.

Peace,
*Kai
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:07 AM

Knuth Sleuth is surprisingly tart

I too can't make this weekend, but would be up for the 'Legacy' rules. They look like a lot of fun.
Old November 19th, 2010, 04:49 AM

AgentDex Woo who?

No offense CornPuff, but I am not feeling these Heroscape Legacy Rules at all. If people wanted to agree and use the playtest Hatamoto Taro, I am down for that. Maybe a few other minor tweaks, but different points values for almost every unit in the game is a bit ridiculous.
Here is some of the things that bother me.

1. Almost every unit has a different price. This makes my army builder obsolete. Having to cross reference every unit with this chart, to see its adjusted point cost is annoying and tedious.

2. I am not sure about whatever formula you used, but you say yourself these numbers aren't playtested. Why is the SotM Raelin only 10 points more than the RotV one? Why did SotM Sargent Drake go up in points?
Nobody plays him anyways. Spartacus is now 210. Did he really need a point increase? Moltenclaw just came out, Does he really need an increase already? and DW7000 at 65...wow, you underestimate the bomb.
The point I am making is most of these changes just seem somewhat random. Almost everything is up or down by 5 or 10 points for no apparent reason. Even units that just came out.

3. I have yet to see Q9, Rats and other A+ armies and units taking over our game days. Even the big NHSD event had a pretty varied armies.
Why fix a problem I have yet to see?

Why am I trying to pick apart your Heroscape Legacy in the Seattle Game days forum? Quotes like this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornPuff View Post
I don't know if I can make the gameday this weekend, but whenever I make it to the gameday I'll probably be demanding people play by my rules
Even with your smileys, This does not come off as being funny or cool to me at all. I am not re-pointing all my cards or meeting your demands.

It's nice to know I am not the only adult addicted to buying and playing with plastic miniatures.
Old November 19th, 2010, 07:50 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker

I think that came off wrong. I won't be 'demanding.' In fact, I'm not a very demanding person.

The NHSD tournament saw varied armies in part because of ObfuscatedHippo's decision to give glyphs to the lesser used units, my system also aims to give incentives to the lesser played units in the form of point reductions. The official point system isn't perfect, and mine isn't either, but I've been playing scape since before wave 1 so I'm just in the mood for a little change.

Also, if the chart is tedious, and you were interested, you should get the spreadsheet and sort by column. Makes army building a lot easier then using that pdf.

Anyway, I won't and can't make anyone play by any rule set. I'm sorry if it sounded a bit overbearing. But if my opponent is open to it, I'd like to try it.

Last edited by CornPuff; November 19th, 2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old November 19th, 2010, 09:52 PM

ReyRoberto is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
I think that came off wrong. I won't be 'demanding.' In fact, I'm not a very demanding person.

The NHSD tournament saw varied armies in part because of ObfuscatedHippo's decision to give glyphs to the lesser used units, my system also aims to give incentives to the lesser played units in the form of point reductions. The official point system isn't perfect, and mine isn't either, but I've been playing scape since before wave 1 so I'm just in the mood for a little change.

Also, if the chart is tedious, and you were interested, you should get the spreadsheet and sort by column. Makes army building a lot easier then using that pdf.

Anyway, I won't and can't make anyone play by any rule set. I'm sorry if it sounded a bit overbearing. But if my opponent is open to it, I'd like to try it.
I'd be more than willing to try it, is there a link to the PDF or spreadsheet.
I can't make any game days until the 3rd Saturday in December, but I could always try this on my own or with my buddies

The night is darkest just before the dawn.
Old November 20th, 2010, 01:04 AM

odbo255 has disabled reputation

AgentDex, did you see the AUV/TAUV system I proposed? It addresses some of your concerns.

One thing I would change now that I've had time to ruminate on it longer is that currently 1 original point does not correspond to one AUV/TAUV point.

I did this intentionally for a variety of reasons when designing the system, but I think for convenience I'll be rescaling so the ratio is 1:1 between original costing and AUV/TAUV. That way all of the army point costs for scenarios can remain the same.

Please bear in mind that AUV/TAUV is presented as an alternate costing method that derives from power rankings and original costing so it is not meant to be an adjustment or "correction" of the original costing.

In many threads by many different posters the merits of the original costing has been discussed. AUV/TAUV is meant as an alternate system, not as a replacement.

Check it out and tell me what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentDex View Post
No offense CornPuff, but I am not feeling these Heroscape Legacy Rules at all. If people wanted to agree and use the playtest Hatamoto Taro, I am down for that. Maybe a few other minor tweaks, but different points values for almost every unit in the game is a bit ridiculous.
Here is some of the things that bother me.

1. Almost every unit has a different price. This makes my army builder obsolete. Having to cross reference every unit with this chart, to see its adjusted point cost is annoying and tedious.

2. I am not sure about whatever formula you used, but you say yourself these numbers aren't playtested. Why is the SotM Raelin only 10 points more than the RotV one? Why did SotM Sargent Drake go up in points?
Nobody plays him anyways. Spartacus is now 210. Did he really need a point increase? Moltenclaw just came out, Does he really need an increase already? and DW7000 at 65...wow, you underestimate the bomb.
The point I am making is most of these changes just seem somewhat random. Almost everything is up or down by 5 or 10 points for no apparent reason. Even units that just came out.

3. I have yet to see Q9, Rats and other A+ armies and units taking over our game days. Even the big NHSD event had a pretty varied armies.
Why fix a problem I have yet to see?

Why am I trying to pick apart your Heroscape Legacy in the Seattle Game days forum? Quotes like this...
Quote:
I don't know if I can make the gameday this weekend, but whenever I make it to the gameday I'll probably be demanding people play by my rules
Even with your smileys, This does not come off as being funny or cool to me at all. I am not re-pointing all my cards or meeting your demands.

Items for trade
Heroscape lives on: 3FG C3G C3V CHCG24 CMSP NM24 SoV
Tournament Maps: BoV WoV

Last edited by odbo255; November 20th, 2010 at 01:23 AM.
Old November 20th, 2010, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Who is going to be at the November 20th game day?
I am not sure how much terrain to bring, but I could easily bring a map or two, possibly more if needed.
I'd like to get in as much scape as possible. I'm making the map tonight and will be ready to go w/in 15 minutes of arrival at 3rd place.

See you at 1pm AgentDex? Send me a PM if you'd like for me to pick you up on the way there.

Items for trade
Old November 20th, 2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odbo255 View Post
Quote:
Who is going to be at the November 20th game day?
I am not sure how much terrain to bring, but I could easily bring a map or two, possibly more if needed.
I'd like to get in as much scape as possible. I'm making the map tonight and will be ready to go w/in 15 minutes of arrival at 3rd place.

See you at 1pm AgentDex? Send me a PM if you'd like for me to pick you up on the way there.
Not only did I not get the map built last night, but I'm running a little late.

I didn't hear from AgentDex, so I won't be giving him a ride.

See you soon.

Items for trade
Old November 21st, 2010, 12:57 AM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker

Hey, unfortunately I'm not sure if I can make it next month either, but the army A and army B thing we did was loads of fun.

I'm all for trying Cornpuff's system, but if you wanted to try the army A and army B thing again I'd be up for that too.

But I may not be able to come for a couple months because I may be out next month, and the one after that is smack in the middle of the robotics build season...

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 04:03 PM

Sorry I couldn't make it to the November game day at Lake Forest Park. I was off at SteamCon. But waiting at my apartment door was Moltenclaw's Invasion!

I am holding a Game Day at my place in CapHill, on Saturday December 4th. Hoping to playtest the new figures and get in some 'scape before the holiday takes over.

What: 'Scape day at Kai's
When: Saturday, December 4th
Time: 1:00pm - 8:00pm PST

--
I have two packs of each Wave, so we can try out the new figures. I will have 2-3 maps up (or more if I get lots of RSVP's). Let me know if you can make it.

Peace,
*Kai

--
Old November 22nd, 2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
RE: the debate over 'Legacy' versus 'AUV' versus any system that changes point values ...
I would like to leave this thread for discussion of Game Day events in Seattle. I am happy to participate in playtesting of either system, and offer my place if a space is needed.

Peace,
*Kai
Old November 29th, 2010, 01:25 AM

Hey Gang,
I will be hosting Heroscape at my place this coming Saturday, December 4th. We have new figures to test out from the latest (and last) Heroscape release. I know that the holidays are closing in on us - so this might be our last organized 'Scape day before year-end. Hopefully you can make it.

What: Heroscape at Kai's
When: Saturday, December 4th
Time: 1:00 - 8:00pm PST
Where: CapHill

Please RSVP.

I will have 2-3 boards available, and people are welcome to borrow figures as usual. Bring $5 in case we order pizza.

THANKS!
*Kai

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events