Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old June 29th, 2015, 02:42 AM

SCSte Woo who?
Re: HexScape

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Does they become invisible only with a certain point of view ? i.e. when you move the camera, you can manage to find some positions where you can see those figures, but others disapears ?

If yes, we already met this issue with Lyrgard, I helped him to solved it. Thus I can help you. ^^ If no, then... :X
Yes it's exactly my problem.
Old June 29th, 2015, 03:16 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It is as DanieLoche said, we already had this problem and we solved it before. It is related to you graphic card, and the fact that earlier 3D models didn't export the normals of their faces. Some graphic drivers don't care and display it fine, whereas some other stumble on that and sometime the models diseapear, depending of the angle with the camera.

I thought we fixed it and released a new version of the models. Did you recently downloaded the models, or is it an old version you have ? If it is the case, could you try to download and import it again ?
If not, could you try to see if an update exist for your graphic card driver ?
If none of this work, I'll verify if the download link point to models with exported normals.
Old June 29th, 2015, 12:41 PM

SCSte Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
It is as DanieLoche said, we already had this problem and we solved it before. It is related to you graphic card, and the fact that earlier 3D models didn't export the normals of their faces. Some graphic drivers don't care and display it fine, whereas some other stumble on that and sometime the models diseapear, depending of the angle with the camera.

I thought we fixed it and released a new version of the models. Did you recently downloaded the models, or is it an old version you have ? If it is the case, could you try to download and import it again ?
If not, could you try to see if an update exist for your graphic card driver ?
If none of this work, I'll verify if the download link point to models with exported normals.
I've found out that only when i place wave 1 figures the software gives this problem. I've downloaded the assets from here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2Pi...M3cG1VM0k/edit
Old June 30th, 2015, 10:34 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@SCSte Ok, seems like the link you used dates from before the correction we made.

Could you try to download it again from this link, import it into HexScape, and tell me if it works now ?
Old June 30th, 2015, 12:26 PM

SCSte Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
@SCSte Ok, seems like the link you used dates from before the correction we made.

Could you try to download it again from this link, import it into HexScape, and tell me if it works now ?
Ok now it works, thank you.
Old June 30th, 2015, 06:22 PM

GrimlockDubs Woo who?

Is there another view mode other than P.O.V. and rotation around the center? Because I can't see any button above the map for free movement of the camera, I only see the P.O.V. button when I have a character selected. Thanks!

Old July 1st, 2015, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimlockDubs View Post
Is there another view mode other than P.O.V. and rotation around the center? Because I can't see any button above the map for free movement of the camera, I only see the P.O.V. button when I have a character selected. Thanks!
Don't you have a "move freely" button on top of the screen ? If not, did you get the latest available version of HexScape ?
Old July 1st, 2015, 12:07 PM

GrimlockDubs Woo who?

Don't have that button. Must not have the latest version, so I'll try and find it. Thanks!

Old July 1st, 2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimlockDubs View Post
Don't have that button. Must not have the latest version, so I'll try and find it. Thanks!
The latest version is available at the first post of this thread
Old July 1st, 2015, 02:34 PM

GrimlockDubs Woo who?

The link keeps taking me to the download for hexscape_client_installer-1.1.0-beta.jar, not version 1.1.1. Am I missing something or should I try downloading from the same link again? Thanks

Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:41 AM

Ok, I updated the link on the first page. It now allow to download version 1.1.3-beta.
Free moving camera was introduced with version 1.1.1, so if you have 1.1.0, it is normal you don't see it.

The changes from 1.1.0-beta are :
- Free moving camera mode (use right click drag to rotate the camera)
- You can now change the ownership of a card.
- a wood table is under the map, and there is a sky.
- The installer can now create shortcut on the desktop or start menu
- The assets are now saved in a place that doesn't require admin right, so no more error about that.
- There now is a secondary select. When you selected a figure, ctrl+click allow to secondary select other figures. It can be used to show targets, for instance.
- The last folder you used to load a map/army is saved and next time you load a map/army, it will be the folder you are in.
- a HexScape.log file is now created. This file can help me a lot to understand what happened if an error occured.
- You can right click on a marker to open a menu, to remove it for instance.
- a lot of little bugs were corrected

Quite a lot of changes I would say

You'll have to import the assets again, as the folder they are stored into changed.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 07:53 AM

GrimlockDubs Woo who?

Thanks a ton! I'll be sure to make the changes!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software