Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old January 30th, 2015, 10:38 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HexScape

Look in the private forum, my last post, @Kinseth , you'll find the link
Old February 2nd, 2015, 10:06 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm a developper, so I can code something like HexScape, but if there is something I'm not, it is an artist.

Is there someone out there that would be willing to make an icon file for HexScape ? I was thinking the icon should contains the "H" and the "S" of HexScape, but if you have better ideas, I'm all ears.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 10:59 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

@Lyrgard

How can I try this out? Are the links in the OP current? Or do I need access somewhere else to download the right stuff?
Old February 2nd, 2015, 11:29 AM

@superfrog

The link in the OP are not up-to-date. I just edited them out for the time being. The previous client version is not compatible with the new server version.

The next version of HexScape is currently under private review, before being opened to the public. I you wish to become a beta tester and help me out by testing it, or just want to discuss it, feel free to shoot me a pm.

I'm also looking for someone to test the next version on Linux and/or MacOs, as it should also work on them !
Old February 3rd, 2015, 04:09 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

I can try to make an icon. The method is quite easy : do the image and save it as .ico.

But about the quality needed, the size etc... I don't know. ^^

If someone else want to try making some icons based around the main page of HexScape (see above, Lyrgard's post), you can PM me so that I send you all the stuff.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old February 3rd, 2015, 03:01 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I could try making some icons... What exactly are you looking for?
Old February 3rd, 2015, 09:45 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So for all my interest in this project, I hadn't taken the time to really sit down and figure out how to get HexScape all set up on my computer until now; I suppose I had just been waiting for everything to be perfectly done.

Anyways, I got everything up and running this evening, and -- this is not hyperbole -- I got chills from seeing how well everything works, how beautiful everything looks, et cetera. I was especially impressed by the PoV feature -- now one can truly appreciate the terror of an AE looking up at Mimring.

@Lyrgard , kudos on your great work so far, followed of course by well wishes and encouragement for work yet to be done.
Old February 4th, 2015, 01:05 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I tried to install and load Hexscape today, and I'm having lots of issues.

1) First, during installation, it says that the Java Development Kit is required to install and run the Hexscape program. I went ahead and installed it anyways, since I don't remember anyone saying that JDK was required.

2) When I try to import the assets file (MainAssets.hsd) it says an error occured when trying to unzip the file. Then there is another message that says "Assets Imported".

3) When I load a map and start a game, it says: Unable to load 3d object "Tree1_11". Then it goes through all the 3d terrain objects and says it is unable to load them.

4) When the map comes up, I get the following type of picture:

5) When I try to load an army, I get: Error...AgentCarr card was not found in the inventory, and nothing happens.
Old February 4th, 2015, 03:14 AM

@El_T : thanks for the warm words ! Glad you like it. I'll work hard to make it even better !

@White_Knight :

1) HexScape is developped in Java, so yes, you indeed need java to run it. I should make it more evident somewherE.

2) The error while trying to import the MainAsset.hsd is what bother me the most. In the directory where you installed HexScape, you should have an "asset" directory. Importing MainAsset should have created a "heroscape" directory inside it. Can you confirm its existence ?

3) & 4) & 5) : Looking at the screenshot, it seems like you're still using the bundled game data, that is hexagonal chess (it is made evident by the only 3 colors of the map you show). You need to switch the game to use to Heroscape. You can do that by going to the "Option" menu, "Parameters" tab, and change the "Game". Heroscape should be in the dropdown if the "asset/heroscape" directory exists. All the problem you have with 3d model and figure not found just says that they don't exists for the game HexaChess.
Btw, a saved game of HexaChess in the starting configuration can be downloaded here. Just restore it to play ^_^
Old February 4th, 2015, 08:01 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
1) HexScape is developped in Java, so yes, you indeed need java to run it. I should make it more evident somewhere.
I have Java 8 Update 31 installed (build 1.8.0_31-b13), but I do not have the JDK. It is the newest Java (installed 2/2/2015). Maybe that is the problem?

Quote:
2) The error while trying to import the MainAsset.hsd is what bother me the most. In the directory where you installed HexScape, you should have an "asset" directory. Importing MainAsset should have created a "heroscape" directory inside it. Can you confirm its existence ?
No, importing MainAssest did NOT create heroscape directory.

Quote:
3) & 4) & 5) : Looking at the screenshot, it seems like you're still using the bundled game data, that is hexagonal chess (it is made evident by the only 3 colors of the map you show). You need to switch the game to use to Heroscape. You can do that by going to the "Option" menu, "Parameters" tab, and change the "Game". Heroscape should be in the dropdown if the "asset/heroscape" directory exists. All the problem you have with 3d model and figure not found just says that they don't exists for the game HexaChess.
Heroscape does not appear in the dropdown menu, only the HexChess option.
Old February 4th, 2015, 08:16 AM

@White Knight : let's continue debuging that in pm.

If you try HexScape and face problem, do NOT hesitate to tell me, I'll help as much as I can, and it can be very good report for me !
Old February 4th, 2015, 04:04 PM

SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
@White Knight : let's continue debuging that in pm.

If you try HexScape and face problem, do NOT hesitate to tell me, I'll help as much as I can, and it can be very good report for me !
I had the same issues. For me, I wasn't importing the assets correctly. Not sure if that's the case for WK, too.

Anyhow, once we get everything troubleshot, I suggest we make a video tutorial for how to do a complete install, A to Z.

"It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software