Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old August 20th, 2014, 03:29 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Heroscape with HexScape

Heroscape with HexScape

If you don't know what HexScape is, it is a software to play hex board game online (more on that here)

Look at what you can do :

To be able to play Heroscape on HexScape, you will need :
  1. HexScape
  2. Heroscape data for HexScape
  3. A map made with VirtualScape
  4. An army file containing your army

1) Getting HexScape

Download HexScape from the HexScape thread and install it. When it has been installed, open the folder it was installed to, and double click on HexScape.jar to launch it. (You'll need to have Java Installed on your computer for that)

2) Heroscape data for HexScape

Once you launched HexScape, you still can't play Heroscape with HexScape, because HexScape doesn't come with any game related data. You need to import those first. Here are is file you'll need :
Heroscape base asset (contains all decors, dice, markers, tile texture and figure of the MS1 - Rise of the Valkyrie)

Additionnally, a team of devoted heroscapers worked hard to also provide you with :
Import those files in HexScape (Option button => Asset tab) and you're set !

The team is already working on the others figure. Their goal is to make all officials figure, in the order of original release, then go for VC figures ! And then, who know ? C3G, HoSS, Pokemon, you name it !

3) Map files

HexScape allow you to load map from .hsc files. You can either download VirtualScape and create your own map, or just use one of the numerous map in the .hsc already avalaible on the internet.

If you search some tournament quality maps, search no further than Tyhpon2222 selection of 46 top notch maps !

4) Army File

Spuke Boy kindly updated its HAC (Heroscape Army Creator) site to support export to HexScape format ! Use it to create your army and get the needed .hsa file. Remember however that for now, only figures from the MS1 and Waves 1, 2 and 3 are avalaible.

Functionnalities

What works :
  • Multiplayer games (only 4 players for now)
  • Load VirtualScape maps (made with latest version of VirtualScape only)
  • Load armies in HexScape Army format
  • Place, move, rotate and remove freely figure on the map
  • Orders markers, wound markers, grenade marker
  • D20, attack, defense, combined and Valkyrie dice
  • Symbole face up normals glyphs
  • Chat
  • Limited Point of View mode
  • Start zones
  • Secondary selection to show target
  • Save and load saved games

What is not supported yet :
  • Power face up glyphs (all glyphs are currently mapped to symbol face up glyph), revealing glyphs
  • Treasure Glyphs
  • Opening/Closing Fortress door
  • Point of View with precise origine on the figure eyes

Please enjoy your online Heroscape ! Don't forget to post here your awesome screenshots !

Last edited by Lyrgard; March 10th, 2016 at 03:11 PM.
Old August 20th, 2014, 03:40 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: Heroscape with HexScape

*Drumroll*

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old August 20th, 2014, 03:41 PM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Enjoy !
Old April 1st, 2015, 01:10 PM

Dissonance is surprisingly tart

Hi,

I was wondering if there was an update on the availability of more assets, is there any news on when more figures will be released?

Amazing work, hope you keep at it!
Old April 15th, 2015, 06:01 AM

As I said you by pm, we have nearly finished the wave 2. We're facing a problem through : we are not able to get 3D model of adequate quality reliably. For some figures, we only achieve poor models and are stuck. Also, the motivation is not at his highest for taking photo, so the process is somewhat halted for now.

But you asking this question motivated me to try new things. I'll see if I can manage better results !
Old April 15th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't know I it has a price, but there are some places (I'm thinking about FabLabs) where they make D-scans (and then 3D printing)... I'll see if they can make scans for free... here in Toulouse. ^^

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old April 15th, 2015, 09:08 AM

I'm going to try what is described here : http://www.instructables.com/id/The-...Objects/#step0

The best would be t have access to a 3D scanner, right !
Old June 18th, 2015, 11:21 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

When I attempt to import Assets, I get an error message:

"An error occurred while trying to unzip C:\Users\admin\Downloads\MainAssets.hsd"

The asset file doesn't appear to be a zipped file. Anyone have a solution?

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old June 19th, 2015, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post

"An error occurred while trying to unzip C:\Users\admin\Downloads\MainAssets.hsd"

The asset files are in fact zip files, just renamed .hsd
What the import does is unziping this file into the asset folder where you installed HexScape.
You probably installed HexScape in a protected directory that need admin privilege to write to. (like C:\Programmes). You were able to do it because the installation run with admin privilege.

The next version won't have this problem anymore

There are three way to prevent your problem :
- Move your installation to some directory without admin protection, or install it somewhere
- Launch HexScape with admin privilege
- Rename the .hsd into .zip and manually unzip it in the asset directory in your installation folder.

Let me know if you still have a problem
Old June 24th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post

The asset files are in fact zip files, just renamed .hsd
What the import does is unziping this file into the asset folder where you installed HexScape.
You probably installed HexScape in a protected directory that need admin privilege to write to. (like C:\Programmes). You were able to do it because the installation run with admin privilege.

The next version won't have this problem anymore

There are three way to prevent your problem :
- Move your installation to some directory without admin protection, or install it somewhere
- Launch HexScape with admin privilege
- Rename the .hsd into .zip and manually unzip it in the asset directory in your installation folder.

Let me know if you still have a problem
I moved the files and got much closer. I think this is probably the issue. Still had a problem with the program loading some of the terrain. I'm going to start over with a fresh set of downloads. I had old and new versions of some of the files in the same folders - it was a bit of a mess.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 2nd, 2015, 03:51 PM

SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker

Coming soon ...

(As always, click to embiggen.)

Featuring the work of @awesomeunleashed , @DanieLoche , @Kinseth , @Lyrgard , @Ninja Status , SlipperySlope , @Typhon2222 , @White Knight

"It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."
Old July 3rd, 2015, 05:28 AM

Thanks all for this wonderfull result !

Oh, and I'll let you know, the team is in a frenzy !! The Wave2 is not yet out that Wave 3 is nearly ready, Wave 4 in a good way, and they started doing Wave 5 !

It is a really tedious work, very time consuming. They really deserve praises for doing that !

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software