Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old June 1st, 2011, 04:17 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of the Zombie Hulk

Zombie Hulk Final pdf is done!

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old June 1st, 2011, 12:08 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Thanks robb!

I've updated the jpeg image in the first post and also included a link to the .pdf download.
Old June 15th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Fixed the broken image in the SoV display thread (I wonder how long it was down for ).

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Last edited by Killometer; June 15th, 2011 at 08:05 PM. Reason: probably since the 1st...
Old June 25th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow. These guys kicked ass today at the Michigan Madness Tournament. I played 3 of them with 6 squads of zombies, and the rules were at least 3 Large/Huge Uncommon/Unique Heroes. Well, I lost 1 game to a Heavy Grut/Grimnak/Tornak build due to a stupid mistake and a few bad rolls. All the other games, they simply dined on the enemies guys, except for against Fire Storm where I won by 20 points. The ZHs was the only reason I was in the game though. After careful analysis by me and some of the other guys at the tournament, we figured that the only thing wrong with them is their cost. Their abilities are not broken, and their stats are fine, but at 60 cost they are simply underpriced. I ended two games today with 3 Zombie Hulks, which in each game, 1-2 had been destroyed already. To have the ability to run up 2 of them and use them in combat, and keep 1 back to command the army, and have the ability to rebirth them, is well, quite possibly unfair due to the low point cost. If it were me, and I am not all bashing the SoV work, but these guys are not fair in a Monster Mash tournament style, I would probably make them 70-75 points. At 60 they are just too good. Something to look into.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old June 25th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

GBB, I'd be curious to read the battle report. That sounds like a *really* good build for that event. Are you sure you didn't just have a really good day with a really good build?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 25th, 2011, 05:57 PM

YakRoller Woo who?

No, it was more than just a good day for him. I finished early and observed a couple of games and then played against Grom in the last match. The 3 Zombie Hulks & a hoard of zombies worked really well. Grom was one bad round from winning the tournament.

They were very effective in this format. Maybe less so in typical squadscape, but still probabably a bit underpriced in my opinion. It's an especially hard hit to take when not only does an army lose a large hero, but it is replaced by a rebirthed ZH. Maybe making rebirth possible only if the ZH destroys the figure itself would make 60 points feel better?

"Never put your body where your mind hasn’t been first.”
Chris Duff
Old June 25th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

This is the question, though. If GBB *weren't* anticipating large/huge figures, would his army have been better served with more zombies instead? Spend that 180 on Zombies x1 and Kaemon Awa or something?

I'm not saying it didn't play strong, I'm just wondering if the metagame for this format played into this army's hands...

It was my experience these guys went down very fast to concentrated fire, and this build only really makes sense if you *know* you will have something to eat & revive...

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 25th, 2011, 06:10 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Yeah, this about the sexiest format imaginable for the ZH. It also helps to be the first person ever to bring them to an event.

I admit I was concerned about their power when I first saw them, but once I learned the trick is to engage them to negate Horde Shriek I found that they were a fairly managable opponent.

Old June 25th, 2011, 06:39 PM

YakRoller Woo who?

I agree that they were especially good in this format. The thing is, with 3 of them Grom almost always got to use Horde Shriek.

Other than against me he always had multiples on the board. I didn't realize that engaging them all would have negated shriek... It still would have been nearly impossible for me to negate though since Grom had 3 and kept one back every time. He was one wound on Grimnak from not having to ever use his rear Zombie Hulk.

Chris Duff
Old June 25th, 2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRoller View Post
I didn't realize that engaging them all would have negated shriek... It still would have been nearly impossible for me to negate though since Grom had 3 and kept one back every time. He was one wound on Grimnak from not having to ever use his rear Zombie Hulk.
You don't have to engage all of them to negate it-a ZH can't use Shriek on its turn if it's engaged. Was that how they were being played?

Edit: Rereading GromBloodboy's post it sounds like one ZH was kept in the start zone with all the OMs on it, and GBB generally wasted that ZHs turn, but used Shriek to also take a turn with either 1 of the combat-involved ZHs or 1 squad of ZoM. Is that basically how the matches ran down?

Last edited by Killometer; June 25th, 2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old June 25th, 2011, 07:12 PM

YakRoller Woo who?

You'll have to get Grom to confirm it, but I think that's how he played them.

Chris Duff
Old June 25th, 2011, 07:32 PM

YakRoller Woo who?

He kept one back, but I think he was activating an engaged ZH using it to attack, then moving 6 zombies, and attacking with 3 of them. Again, he will need to verify this. This would explain why they seemed so strong, it seemed like they were used as if they were bonding like any other hero-squad.

Chris Duff

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs