Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old October 13th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Is Taelord really that bad?

I would argue that if you make him 140 he's broken. I could almost be ok with him costing 160 but much lower than that and you are looking at a broken figure.

Thank you for getting what I was trying to say.
Old October 13th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

In essence, Taelord is only good in a turtle, which no one likes in this community. So, he is still useless! Turtles are for chumps!

I'm a F18, bro.
Old October 13th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

He is at his best in a turtle. But he could also be used in a Steam Roller (not Gladiators et all) type army with some OM trouble. Of course if you're using a Minions they can simply use their Utgar's Orders to move him up.

He simply takes a lot of practice and skill to play well.
Old October 13th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I still submit that they costed him they way they did because if he didn't cost as much as he does then he would then be severely undercosted in high point games. I mean, remember, Raelin covering 20 figures is infinitely more valuable than Raelin coveirng 2 figures. Well, the same goes for Taelord. Taelord boosting 15 snipers and a bunch of other units is infinitely more valuable than Taelord boosting 6 snipers.
Old October 14th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nope.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:59 AM

footsoldier13 Woo who?

There seems to be a split in what people think here, but am surprised how many people actually don't mind Taelord. I think Taelord could be the base for an excellent army, there are just some factors to take into account first.

Although maybe he could use with a cheap squad to bond with.

Last edited by footsoldier13; October 15th, 2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old October 16th, 2009, 12:49 AM

RattyZ is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by footsoldier13 View Post
There seems to be a split in what people think here, but am surprised how many people actually don't mind Taelord. I think Taelord could be the base for an excellent army, there are just some factors to take into account first.

Although maybe he could use with a cheap squad to bond with.
First off, hey guys, long time reader first time poster.

Secondly,

I would wager that he definatly has the potential to earn his points if the squad is built around his bonus. Additionally in multiplayer games, he's unreal.

I played a 2v2 with a number of friends, and the squad that decimated the game was:

Taelord (180)
Syvarris (280)
Omnicron Snipers (380)
Marro Stingers x 2 (500)

Syvarris ended up grabbing height with a Izumi Samurai screen from his partner, and ended most units with his range. Syvarris eventually died to Zetacron, but was quickly replaced by advancing swarm of Marro Stingers.

3 Attacks of 6 (3base + 1tae + 1special + 1 height) is good game .

try him in a 4 player game, 180 seems too low at that point!
Old October 16th, 2009, 10:56 PM

Therion knows what's in an order marker Therion knows what's in an order marker

With just 500 points of units, yes he is that bad.

Now if one were to do a 5000 point battle, he could be of considerable value.

Patience Drain
After loading and before posting, roll the twenty-sided die.
On a 1, Therion makes a long and/or irritating post.
On a 2-15, Therion may not post this turn.
On a 16+, post normally.
Old October 16th, 2009, 11:11 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Taelord is much better than any of you are giving him credit for. The other day (yesterday) I used him in a 500-point game and he was the very reason I won, due to a Krug<--Taelord<-->Minions combo.

armies:
Spoiler Alert!

So no, Taelord is NOT that bad. When you could be using him OR the Minions, and when he makes Krug an un-ignorable immediate threat, he's one of the best in my book. Key phrase here being one of the.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Yeah! I'm Here View Post
In essence, Taelord is only good in a turtle, which no one likes in this community. So, he is still useless! Turtles are for chumps!
Not true. I Steamrolled well with him in a 500-point 2-player fight (see above)
Old October 17th, 2009, 12:11 AM

Takanuva has disabled reputation

Quote:
On the same note, Taelord guarded by a squad of 4th Mass is also brilliant with 4 attacks (or more) of 4 that could make the squad even better than they are.
True, but 10th Regiment are alot better in this case, because without valiant army bonus, the 4th are too fragile.

I never really thought of a Taelord-Syvarris Army, but I think I'll try It!
Old October 17th, 2009, 12:17 AM

Takanuva has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Nope.

I dont know why, but this made me laugh so hard
Old October 17th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I think that Taelord is a good example of how Heroscape is a much deeper game than the tournament only idea. With prebuilt tournament style armies fighting kill em all scenarios on tournament style maps, Taelord is not going to be a great choice in most armies. He is a big investment that takes a lot of skill and finesse to really pull off. Army build is very important. Order Marker management becomes more critical with those extra points riding on it. When it goes right, it is ugly for your opponent. When it goes wrong, it is just ugly.

However, throw in higher points, drafting, and/or other types of maps and scenarios and he might be a very wise choice. Taelord is ridiculous in certain circumstances. Try being the guy on the ground looking up at the 4th Mass on a 2 high castle wall with Taelord chillin' in back. In that case Taelord is bad in the '80's sense of the word. 4 attacks of 5 is not something that you want to be on the receiving end. He's just not something that you can fit into every army and situation.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles