Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old May 15th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: George R. R. Martin (as well as other recommendations)

Best episode yet.
Old May 16th, 2011, 12:54 PM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation

bloody, but the changes are dramatic raise up.
there was so many left of , myra stone, the knight of the gate.
dialog changes.
and the remy why so much erotic.
Old May 16th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Before it began filming I accepted there would be a multitude of changes and necessary drops. I told myself then that I wouldn't let it take away from my enjoyment, and it hasn't.
Mya Stone while it would have been nice to see, would have required showing much more of the accent to the Vale that would eat up a lot of screen time. The decision to leave out the Blackfish doesn't make a ton of sense to me, but I am guessing it is to make Vardis Egen (or whatever his name is) a bit more familiar before Bronn offs him.
I enjoyed all the 'non-book' scenes as well, particularly the scene between Littlefinger and Varys.
Old May 16th, 2011, 02:29 PM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation

i think it a different thing, they know what happend in the 4 books and took there kowlege out of that, they didnot know what will become.
the only thing what m is missfallen ist, the qick time of the evens , houers, day weeks seems in the tv show, minutes oor seconds.
and if he show hat more episodes the impact could be deeper.

i watch the trudors the show has also 12 episodes but the feeling ist that is slower but seems deeper.

but a good show and as fan you can find some gold
Old May 16th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Battle Reporter

The passing of time is something that can really confuse things to the inattentive viewer. They do mention things to help keep the viewer up to speed (such as mentioning travelling distances; a month, three weeks. Also they mention Dany has not 'bled' for 2 cycles). These things are all there to help, but I do admit it can seem confusing at times.
However, it was not always crystal clear in the books either. So much so, that the first novel actually had a 'disclaimer' sort of thing to explain the chronology to the reader.
Old May 16th, 2011, 04:06 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

It would be nice if there was a running calendar thing. As time progressed then they could periodically flash the current date on the screen (i.e. [Month] [Day], [Year]).
Old May 16th, 2011, 05:19 PM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
It would be nice if there was a running calendar thing. As time progressed then they could periodically flash the current date on the screen (i.e. [Month] [Day], [Year]).
Actually, that reminds me in a roundabout way. Was it only the first episode where they named the locations when we first saw them? I'm very familiar with the books, and I don't find it confusing, but it seems odd that they would do that for only one episode.

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old May 16th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Battle Reporter

It was just the first episode (actually, I only remember seeing "Winterfell" on screen).

As for showing a calender, Westeros doesn't have our seasons, and there is never any mention of months as we know it, so I really don't think that would work. I don't really think it is necessary either.
Old May 16th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Best episode yet.
Agreed. Good call on the Hound vs. Mountain. And you never know. We may see The Blackfish yet. I found the following while looking around for Game of Thrones info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westeros.org
Blackfish Delayed
Over at “Not a Blog”, George R.R. Martin runs through several of the actors cast in roles related to the Vale of Arryn—Lysa Arryn, Robin Arryn, and Ser Vardis Egen. More notably, he touches on the fate of Ser Brynden Tully, the Blackfish. George explains it best, so we’ll quote him:
“... alas, his appearance has been postponed. Even with such a huge project as ours, there are budgetary constraints that require some characters to be cut, combined… or deferred to later seasons. That’s what is happening with the Blackfish. The plan, I am told, is to delay the introduction of the Tullys (Lord Hoster and Ser Edmure as well as Ser Brynden) until the second season. Brynden’s part in the events of A GAME OF THRONES will be filled in part by Ser Vardis Egen, and in part by Ser Rodrik Cassel.”
So, if the show gets a second season, we’ll be seeing the rest of the Tully clan.
The above was from July of 2010. So we should see him in Season Two.

Old May 17th, 2011, 10:16 AM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker

^I was just going to mention this. It's an understandable cut. The books will always be best, but I'm still in love with the show.

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old May 17th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz1597 View Post
The books will always be best, but I'm still in love with the show.
Amen to that. It's rapidly becoming my favorite show. Pushing aside Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. (It helps that neither of these shows are currently on, but still.)

Old May 27th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

HBO's production of A Game of Thrones has finally motivated me to start reading the series (before I see the show ).

All it took was the prologue and I'm totally hooked.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books