Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old June 12th, 2010, 11:39 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: GenCon 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by damja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Yeah, I seem to remember reading about someone playing stingers at GenCon "the day after they were released" (in 2007, presumably). And of course, people were fielding Skahens the day she came out.

If the figures do get released at the 'con, though, it really changes the metagame. My guess is they won't do it, just to create a more level playing field.
Wizards has very little to nothing to do with the Heroscape tournament scene at GenCon. Every single event has been deceded upon by R˙chean et al.

I guess what I am saying is that Wizards likely doesn't give a rip about a level playing field at GenCon, they just want to make money. If they have no product to sell, they won't make extra scrilla.
Point taken. I guess it would fall to R˙chean, et al, to decide whether those cards can see play or not.

For me, I'm almost certainly going to preorder the whole wave from Auggie's, so buying a bunch of cutters or warforged to play at the Con would be sort of a waste of cash. I suppose I could buy Heroes of Khorvaire and give the other one away as a prize at a local event. I could think of an army or three I could field with just that pack... heh.
Old June 12th, 2010, 12:27 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

If it is released, it is playable. If they release/sell it at GenCOn, then it is playable in the events.

We do not ban units just because they are new, even if they are just now today new.

A great many of the decisions I made about the events were with that exact possibility in mind.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; June 12th, 2010 at 12:29 PM. Reason: for example: the changes to Heores only and HoB
Old June 12th, 2010, 01:10 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

You mean the lightweight point total for HoB that largely takes the firestorm off the table?
Old June 12th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Quote:
Yeah, I seem to remember reading about someone playing stingers at GenCon "the day after they were released" (in 2007, presumably).
For curious readers: In 2007 it was Jormi who fielded lots of stingers with the hive the day after they were available at the Con. He came in the top 8.
He finished 4th!
Who beat him in the 3/4 game, I wonder?

Time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; June 12th, 2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Although spending time to try moving figures back in place due to SD may have increased time.
Old June 12th, 2010, 01:21 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Time!!! LOL!

Quote:
You mean the lightweight point total for HoB that largely takes the firestorm off the table?
Nah, more so the way that event plays. The point total was a product of some other things as well. Expanding Heroes Only to include Uncommon and Common heroes was with an eye to these products.

The thing about GenCon with GB & I running things, we are basically company guys. So whatever decision we make at GenCOn is with an eye towards promoting and supporting the game in its current form. We tried to change the events up and add others that would sort of showcase the new MS 3 and D1&D2 expansions.

For example, it is not by accident that the lava map has same level Molten lava spots on it. One of the reasons I chose that map is because it gave the Wyvern and the Chain Grabber a chance to do some molten lava dunking.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; June 16th, 2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old June 16th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ry - that is cool. I noticed the Capture the flag has less points and my winning army from last year will not be able to be fielded !

Yea for GenCon

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con