Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Closed Thread

Old October 18th, 2006, 11:09 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
I do believe you were camping, but I do not think you put that their innocently like you claim. It was a good alibi. I was not upset about it at the time nor am I now. I am just mentioning that there were many other RL things like that said, granted none as bold as mine, but they were there, and some like that one were meant to help one team or another.

But I handled it differently than you guys, instead of saying woe is me. After Syvarris pointed out you were shackled I went back and read all of your posts. I could not just take Syvarris's word for this. When I saw your clear attempt at trickery I went ahead and initiated a vote against you. You guys did not even have to initiate a vote against me!!! All you had to do was say he's out one night. You didn't and it cost you the game so now we are going to use that as the reason the shackled lost. I think the reason the shackled lost is becauseyou could not find the Seer no matter how hard you looked, you allowed me to have a huge voting block of cleared warriors wtihout hitting them for a long time. And after you fell to the vote you guys did more to prove my case with your further postings than I could have ever done by myself. That was the reason the warriors won, not one warriors mislead oath.

Edit: I forgot one, Drake was the most even keeled of all the shackled, he would have made a great false visionary. That was probably the biggest trip up for you guys. But as Lord Raidor said this was a demonstration and the next time the Shackled will know these things. Now the tone has been set for the real game.
Old October 18th, 2006, 12:12 PM

RPMiller has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
Edit: I forgot one, Drake was the most even keeled of all the shackled, he would have made a great false visionary. That was probably the biggest trip up for you guys. But as Lord Raidor said this was a demonstration and the next time the Shackled will know these things. Now the tone has been set for the real game.
Thanks for the compliment.

Yes, we had considered the false visionary route, but the one that stepped up was IntoAshes, and then we decided against it for whatever reason we had. You are also correct in saying that this was a demonstration and learning experience. I learned a lot, and even though we didn't win that wasn't the important thing for me. I really just wanted to see how the game worked and I've learned quite a lot with these after game comments so thank you to everyone that has commented.
Old October 18th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Dawn Delays...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
LordRaidor - you told me that you'd reveal why your first Mindshackled vote that first night was late in being posted, even though you'd been online for at least a half-hour before......

Can you reveal that now?

It really threw a monkeywrench into the deductive reasoning of the Warriors in this game....
Gladly... The reason I was 'delayed' posting after the first NIGHT was exactly as skyknight surmised - I was having to alter my post in response to a PM from... FUNRUN. ^_^ However, ...while sky was correct in his assumption for the CAUSE of my delay, he wasn't quite so correct about the REASON...

As the Puppets have already pointed out, they had predicted this potential 'scenario' and had sent me their votes much earlier. funrun had likewise already taken care of her 'vision' duties. I had my 'dawn' post all typed up and ready to go. Then, just before the deadline, funrun sent me a message asking EXACTLY what lengths one could legally go to to prove one's role. She asked me, specifically, if sending a screenshot of the identity PM would be legal. I gave it a little thought, then decided upon the "text only - no images" rule that was later added to the regulations. I sent her a PM reply, then composed and added a rules clarification of this nature to the end of the DAY2 'dawn' post...

So, ...the delay WAS because of funrun, but it had nothing to do with funrun being a Puppet, or even with funrun being the Visionary, ...it just had to do with funrun being curious. I'm actually surprised SHE didn't point this out herself. Since she was getting hammered over it, and she was making a public defense on the 'late-night-poster' issue anyway, I thought she would surely point out that the last DAWN paragraph was her doing. ...But she didn't. ^_^ Maybe she thought it would incriminate her somehow (trying to see just what legal lengths she could go to in 'tricking' somebody?), or maybe it just slipped her mind (she certainly had alot of other things to worry about at the time). In any case, ...that's the reason the first DAWN was late... ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Regulations
All players should refrain from making 'out-of-game' references to their honor, nobility, or general trustworthiness. Any player who swears an oath of honesty on their mother, their priesthood, their dog, etc., or asks another player to do so, will most likely be met with significant hostility from the remaining players, possibly even resulting in the offender's Paralyzation during the next DAY vote. This is just a game - please keep 'personal' elements out of it.
It didn't work that way in our cave, only the shackled were hostile to him and were taken out because of it.
This rule wasn't actually IN PLACE when the 'oath' occurred - this rule was created AFTER, and BECAUSE OF this specific incident. Many players, including those who believed sky's "oath", have stated that if it occurs in any future games, they will vote against the offending player immediately. I believe that they did not oust sky in this game because they felt it was an honest mistake and that he meant no harm. If anyone (including sky) ever does something of this nature again, there is little doubt in my mind that they will be voted into Paralysis the very next DAY. 'Nuff said...

^_^
-LordRaidor-

...Experience the Curse... (Click for Details)
[Don't Have 'Permission'? Click Here to Give Yourself Access...]
Old October 18th, 2006, 02:26 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I will say it again. I said that I was camping, because I didn't want people thinking I didn't check in right away was because I already knew the outcome, as I genereally was in the thread a lot at that time and I wanted to explain why I hadn't been on for more than 24 hours. I would have made that post whether I was shackled or not.

Anyway, yes we didn't eliminate the seer, and that makes it awfully hard for the shackled to win, but even worse was that we couldn't eliminate you. Even if we did, you could still talk fo the seer. I think that is the thing I like least about the online game. The seer can just talk through a paralyzed person. In the real game, the seer has no way of letting anyone know for sure that she is the seer. She must just try to convince people to vote with her under no other pretenses. I think that skews the game very much against the wolves.
Old October 18th, 2006, 02:28 PM

brotharon has disabled reputation
So, all of the games will be over come Friday night...when do signups start for the next batch...? Will there be an advanced game?

brotharon is Eldgrim...
in th' QUICKSILVER CAVE...Kill aw day, bevvy aw nicht.
Old October 18th, 2006, 02:58 PM

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
We Have a Winnner!!!

Well, ...the polls are now 'closed' for the final voting, so to speak. I am pleased to announce that the player-chosen winners in the 'Best Roleplayer' category are:

1st Place (9 votes)!!!
- brotharon: Omnicron Sniper
2nd Place (4 votes)
- Mystic Blue: Airborne Elite
3rd Place Ties (2 votes each)
- cbs42: Concan
- Kahrma: Tarn Viking Warrior
- netherspirit: Aubrien Archer
- Jormi_Boced: Raelin
- RPMiller: Sgt. Drake Alexander
- Slade: Deadeye Dan

We had multiple ties in the category of making the game fun. Congratulations to:

1st Place (4 votes each)!!!
- funrun: Syvarris
- skyknight: Nilfheim
2nd Place (2 votes each)
- brotharon: Omnicron Sniper
- Jormi_Boced: Raelin
- JuicerGM: Thorgrim
- Malechi: Jotun
- Nooblar: MacDirk Warrior
- LordRaidor: Storyteller
3rd Place (1 vote each)
- cbs42: Concan
- Kahrma: Tarn Viking Warrior
- netherspirit: Aubrien Archer

So it would appear that BROTHARON is our undisputed 'winner' here in the Crimson Cave!!! Congratulations brotharon!!! Since he's currently hosting a game in the Indigo Cave, he will also have the distinction of being the first player in the 'league' to play in TWO games, as soon as that cave wraps up this Friday. ^_^

I have a 'league ranking' spreadsheet on my PC, but I have no idea how to facilitate tabular data in a forum post. (All I can do with any reliability is html code, which is apparently not allowed in BBCode posts.) So, ...for lack of a better medium, ...here's a screenshot of the final rankings. I'll add the Indigo and Absinthe data and start an actual 'league standings' thread as soon as those other two games are finished...

Thanx to everyone for playing (and spectating)!!! As soon as the Storytellers decide exactly how we want to procede, we'll have a new signup thread open next week!!!

^_^
-LordRaidor-

Old October 18th, 2006, 03:41 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Well, lots of people to share the title with, but YAY 3RD!!! haha.

Thanks, LR.
Old October 18th, 2006, 04:59 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'm wondering if the categories are a tad overlapping right now:
Best Roleplayer and Most fun are pretty compatible/similar, in practice. The major difference being one includes PM's, the other is stricly public.

Someone requested the category of "Best Congame"

I'm thinking that a major area not covered is how someone plays the game, from a strategic standpoint.
Another way to look at it would be "Who contributed the most to our side winning?"

From my experience in the first game, I initially wanted to just roleplay.
But it IS a game - and there are goals in the game.
And strategy.
And the way this game played out, if our side was gonna win, I pretty loudly had ta throw down my support for skyknight's oath as a playing piece that all the Warriors could use to rally around, or I was afraid it might get lost (and all we'd be left with was the typical disinformation). From what the Shackled players are saying, that seemed to be the biggest hurdle they could not overcome.

If someone only roleplays, than I feel they aren't really helping their side out that much. It ould be great to just sitback and roleplay your character, but that doesn't help the game end or your side win.

Unfortunately, the "Game Ranking" categories seem to be slanted towards sheer roleplay/fluff posts.

Is there any way that the Rankings can take into account players who were more active in the game efforts?
Perhaps that's kind of what people used the "Fun" category for, since funrun and Nilfheim won that category?
Old October 18th, 2006, 05:02 PM

brotharon has disabled reputation
Analyze Data - Analyzing - Complete: Display Analysis - Wow, thanks everyone, I did not expect to get 1st place. I am looking forward to playing again, but it looks like I will have to take on another role since I believe I may have taken the Omnicron Sniper as far as he can go...

brotharon is Eldgrim...
in th' QUICKSILVER CAVE...Kill aw day, bevvy aw nicht.
Old October 18th, 2006, 10:48 PM

Precisely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
I'm wondering if the categories are a tad overlapping right now. Best Roleplayer and Most fun are pretty compatible/similar, in practice...
...I'm thinking that a major area not covered is how someone plays the game, from a strategic standpoint. Another way to look at it would be "Who contributed the most to our side winning?"...
...Is there any way that the Rankings can take into account players who were more active in the game efforts? Perhaps that's kind of what people used the "Fun" category for, since funrun and Nilfheim won that category?...
You hit the nail on the head with that last sentence. ^_^

The 'Roleplay' bonus points are there to encourage staying in-character, and not taking the game too seriously. This would also reflect maintaining the 'theatrical' appeal of the game, akin to preserving a 'storyline' for spectators to follow. It is also (as you so eloquently put it) mostly 'fluff'...

The "Who made this game the most fun" category is there for each player to use as he or she sees fit. If your candidate's humorous quips and sarcasm made the game fun for you, then this becomes the 'made me laugh the most' category. If you enjoyed the machievelian politics and scheming, then this would be your 'best CoN artist' category. If contribution of strategy to your team's victory was what made the game for you, then this is the 'strongest strategic contributor' category instead. It's purely subjective, and open-ended. The 'broadness' of this category would make it possible for ONE SINGLE PLAYER to be the best CoN-artist to one player, the best strategist to another, and the best comic relief for yet a third player. Winning "Most Fun" points is how we reward that player for excelling in each of these facets and 'making the game FUN' for lots of people...

These two categories would become redundant only if the awesome roleplaying WAS what made the game fun for you. Otherwise, one is there to encourage and reward enhancing the 'atmosphere' of the experience, while the other is a catch-all reward system for the myriad umber of ways that the players make the game enjoyable for each other...

^_^
-LordRaidor-

Old October 18th, 2006, 11:48 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
I still think a con artist award should be given. After that though, I am fine with the awards in place.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old October 19th, 2006, 01:26 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
I actually agree with Reap about how if all you do is role play you are giving up some great strategies. While my oath may have pushed this a bit to far there are some RL tactics that work well. As a matter of fact I have one planned already for the next game
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games