Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Closed Thread

Old October 17th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Most Wanted

HyperactiveSloth is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperactiveSloth
The Unofficial Guide to Heroscape as well as the Collected Biographies are about as in depth as you can get for "official" info (both can be found in the "Fiction and Theme" page of the downloads section of this site which is linked to at the top of the page between Chat & Gallery). The comics you mentioned can be found on the Hasbro site under extras or whatever on the same page as wallpapers, e-cards and such (don't ask me why...). For fanfic of course, I'd recommend checking out the "Fan Art & Fiction" forum just a couple clicks down from this one on the main forum index. Other than that, um, I'm sure others will have stuff to recommend as well.

(Oh, and purely for fun, I'd recommend clicking on the Gallery link up top and reading the awesomely funny Valhalla Times, Carr Loves Dund, etc. ...priceless stuff... LOL)
Ohhh, good stuff! Thanks a ton! I'll try to be more up to speed for the next game :P.

(And Valhalla Times had me ROFLing the whole time! Who does that, it's awesome!)
Yeah, every issue's a classic! My favorite bits are Venoc Warlord's Secret Muffin Recipe (as if you couldn't tell by my "sleep-talking" posts in game ), the arrival of Dund, and Should Water Cloning Be Taught In Schools... and well, everything else.

...MASQUERADE Registration Now Underway... (Click for Details)

[Don't have "permission"? ...Click Here to give yourself access...]
Old October 17th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
RPMiller, I visioned you because you were an unknown and the remaining unknowns I was more certain of their innocence at that time. You also backed away from Nilfheim about something, so that made you a hair more suspicious. reaper swore he knew you IRL and you could not be shackled, however the 2 people I know better than these boards I was also convinced of their guilt and they boh turned out to be innocent. (Lesson learned: never use your RL knowledge of people to judge their guilt or innocence in this game.) I did PM you on the day before your vision about revealing your notebook to me, in hopes your answer would make my decision to vision you or AE easier. reaper's saying he could make a case against AE did sway me to vision you instead because I didn't see much of a case we could invent against you for a day bote. At this point in the game I was more concerned about visioning those that would be hard to get rid of in a day vote without the Seer saying the person was shackled. However you did not respond to my PM before the vision time period was up. I PMed LR too that I wanted to vision you, but not to answer that vision till the time was up in the off chance you said something to me to change my mind. You answered me too late, but either way it did not matter, for your ultimate answer implicated you anyway. You refused to show me your notebook (at this point true warriors had no reason to hold back even scant facts) and you tried to place blame on the Knight and AE. Since I already knew the Knight was innocent, I would have inferred you were shackled, and when I found out you were, I also inferred the AE was innocent too because you were trying to point fingers at warriors. This finger pointing was the final reason why I wanted to vote Kelda in the next day vote. If it had not been your mention of the AE here, it would have been a tougher decision to pick between AE and Kelda at that point. reaper however was still convinced AE was more guilty than Kelda, so Kelda almost lost the vote that day to AE due to reaper.

I am surprised Slade's post-suicide postings swayed others to doubt if he was shackled. It did the opposite for me.

LordRaider, I agree with someone else from days ago, this game really should have an end vote for Best ConArtist.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old October 17th, 2006, 07:11 PM

RPMiller has disabled reputation
Very interesting. Thanks for the info. So lesson learned, don't worry about complete accuracy just give a response without delay. Darn me and my need to be complete!

And yes, Reaper and I are friends in real life. Have been for geez... how many years now? It must be about 9? Has it been that long already?

It was really tough telling him I wasn't shackled BTW. He sent me a PM on like the first or second day and said he knew I was shackled, and I had to tell him I wasn't because I knew he would take me down quick if I didn't deny it. It was tough, but I had realized after reading the various writeups about the game that CoNGS was all about deception, and I had to keep you doubting. At least I didn't "swear" to you about it.

Oh and Reaper, no you are still wrong about the Omega Corp.
Old October 17th, 2006, 09:39 PM

Slade has disabled reputation
Thank you for those of you who considered my roleplay to make your time better. I enjoyed my time playing and for the most part enjoyed all of the participants.

Since I have yet to get this damn red thing down...

For best Role Play I go with Jotun who I really enjoyed

For best con artist I got to go with RP first then Syvarris

for most fun I go with Omicron Sniper whose staying in role the entire time added immensely to the game.

I vigorously complained about the honor oath during the time it occured stating that it for sure revealed your role as a Warrior Skynight. In my mind it was cheating and you should have been removed from the game, and it was LR's decision to move forward. In the future if I should play this game and I feel that a blatant revealing of a character proceeds which I believe to be in violation of the rules of conduct, and for which I feel that it has an adverse affect upon the game and the outcome of that game I shall at that time resign rather then continue. I regret to say this. I didnt resign simply because I made a commitment to my fellow players and thought I should see it through. However, I cannot abide with what I feel is cheating and will not play a game in which it happens again. Thank you all for the wonderful game, Slade

"The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous."
Old October 17th, 2006, 10:49 PM

JuicerGM has disabled reputation
You all put more stock in the OATH as it being called than it should be. The only reason Syvarris trusted Nilfhiem was a Vision. So it didn't sway the Seer. It hadn't swayed me or MacDirk as we but were thinking of throwing him over near the end because we were having trouble believing him. But to that point he had been making sense and there were others that just weren't showing information or being too suspicious with comments.

You are a good friend. When the Zombies come to take over the world I will be tripping you.
Old October 17th, 2006, 11:06 PM

RPMiller has disabled reputation
To tell you the truth I put more stock into it after Reaper backed it up. Up until that point I thought it was just a ploy, but once Reaper said what he did I had no choice but to believe it wholeheartedly. I can't speak for the other players, but something tells me that others may have fallen into the same group as myself.
Old October 18th, 2006, 01:14 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
Thank you for those of you who considered my roleplay to make your time better. I enjoyed my time playing and for the most part enjoyed all of the participants.

Since I have yet to get this darn red thing down...

For best Role Play I go with Jotun who I really enjoyed

For best con artist I got to go with RP first then Syvarris

for most fun I go with Omicron Sniper whose staying in role the entire time added immensely to the game.

I vigorously complained about the honor oath during the time it occured stating that it for sure revealed your role as a Warrior Skynight. In my mind it was cheating and you should have been removed from the game, and it was LR's decision to move forward. In the future if I should play this game and I feel that a blatant revealing of a character proceeds which I believe to be in violation of the rules of conduct, and for which I feel that it has an adverse affect upon the game and the outcome of that game I shall at that time resign rather then continue. I regret to say this. I didnt resign simply because I made a commitment to my fellow players and thought I should see it through. However, I cannot abide with what I feel is cheating and will not play a game in which it happens again. Thank you all for the wonderful game, Slade
As I said I am done apologizing about it, I did not realize it was cheating when I did it. You my friend need to settle down a bit I think. I was wondering why you had not posted yet and now I know why. Perhaps you should have taken me out for it, I had no problem in taking your character out for you! Hope you enjoyed your drink. And am I ***** about this, YEP. As I explained over and over again I had not Roleplayed for nearly 16 years before this and I did think that real life oaths and promises were cool at the time. I am sorry that I do not seem to be the "serious roleplayer" that you are. I hope I get the oppurtunity to hamstring you again in a future game
Old October 18th, 2006, 08:14 AM

Slade has disabled reputation
Skynight,

I did not ask you to apologize, and I am not taking it more or less seriously. I would never attack your personal honor, and after you made the oath it seemed anything I did in the game would do so. I am in no way out to get you personally outside of the contents of what I felt was a rules infraction in the game, and I have every right to feel the way I do and to point that out, and I would have done the same and acted the same regardless of my roleplay. Sportsmanship is a key quality to any game in my opinion. I am not being ***** merely pointing out how I felt about the entire issue. Taking you out of it would not have solved what I felt was a rule violation pure and simple. With your honor when you apologized and realized it was wrong, you should have taken yourself out. Period.

"The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous."
Old October 18th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
A Learning Experience...

sky's "oath" was an unfortunate occurrance, but this was a "demonstration", after all, and I'm pretty sure it was sky's first time to play this kind of game...

He didn't mean to disrupt the game. He just really wanted everyone to believe him, and he just didn't realize (yet) that the inherent 'doubt' of other's roles was so focal to the game. I'm sure he had not forseen the impact his "oath" was going to have. However, ...we all (including me and sky) learned something from the incident, which is a good thing...

Since reaper also asked about the impact this had on the 'rules', I'll clarify. There are STILL no 'official' sanctions against making 'out of character' assertions, assumptions, or claims. HOWEVER, many of the PLAYERS themselves have made it clear that this will not be tolerated. The following has already been added to the Regulations for all future CoN games, as a warning that players who choose to use this tactic will do so at their own risk, with consequences handled by the other players themselves...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Regulations
All players should refrain from making 'out-of-game' references to their honor, nobility, or general trustworthiness. Any player who swears an oath of honesty on their mother, their priesthood, their dog, etc., or asks another player to do so, will most likely be met with significant hostility from the remaining players, possibly even resulting in the offender's Paralyzation during the next DAY vote. This is just a game - please keep 'personal' elements out of it.
Thanx again to cbs42 for thinking up and publicizing this 'concept'. I'm sure it will effectively prevent such an incident from occurring again...

^_^
-LordRaidor-

...Experience the Curse... (Click for Details)
[Don't Have 'Permission'? Click Here to Give Yourself Access...]
Old October 18th, 2006, 10:38 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: A Learning Experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Regulations
All players should refrain from making 'out-of-game' references to their honor, nobility, or general trustworthiness. Any player who swears an oath of honesty on their mother, their priesthood, their dog, etc., or asks another player to do so, will most likely be met with significant hostility from the remaining players, possibly even resulting in the offender's Paralyzation during the next DAY vote. This is just a game - please keep 'personal' elements out of it.
It didn't work that way in our cave, only the shackled were hostile to him and were taken out because of it.
Old October 18th, 2006, 10:46 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
UUHHHMMM, Hey Jormi, on the first day of the night vote you posted right after that you had no access to a computer all weekend because you were out camping or something. Now you cannot tell me that you did not post that to throw folks off your trail. While it is not an oath I agree, it was using real life to trip folks up. You did almost the same thing I did only in a different manner. I did not hear Slade or you complain about that! And you are wrong that the shackled were the only ones who voted for me. There were others as well.

BTW I did ask if players wanted me out of the game then let me know and I would leave. No one answered to that. It is only now after the game is over that people are saying I should have pulled myself out. Perhaps you thought you could work it to your advantage somehow and now that the Warriors won it is time to complain about it. I think you are both being less than honest with yourselves here.
Old October 18th, 2006, 10:58 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
UUHHHMMM, Hey Jormi, on the first day of the night vote you posted right after that you had no access to a computer all weekend because you were out camping or something. Now you cannot tell me that you did not post that to throw folks off your trail. While it is not an oath I agree, it was using real life to trip folks up. You did almost the same thing I did only in a different manner. I did not hear Slade or you complain about that! And you are wrong that the shackled were the only ones who voted for me. There were others as well.

BTW I did ask if players wanted me out of the game then let me know and I would leave. No one answered to that. It is only now after the game is over that people are saying I should have pulled myself out. Perhaps you thought you could work it to your advantage somehow and now that the Warriors won it is time to complain about it. I think you are both being less than honest with yourselves here.
I was out camping, and didnt get back til the afternoon on Sunday. I was just explaining why I hadn't jumped in and posted right away when the night vote was revealed, as I had been a pretty active poster up to that point. My being out camping would in no way exonerated me from being shackled. I sent LR my vote before I left, and even if I hadn't sent him my vote earlier, I could have just skipped voting that night and let the others handle it.. I didn't say I was out camping so I couldn't be shackled, it would have been a silly comment to make as being out camping had no affect on my shackledness. It did however take me away from my coputer for more than a 24 hour period where I normally would have been posting..
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games