Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Closed Thread

Old October 14th, 2006, 12:58 AM

RPMiller has disabled reputation
My vote for RP goes to BROTHARON THE OMNICRON SNIPER for his great robotic dialog that continued on even after being paralyzed.

My fun vote goes to JORMI_BOCED - RAELIN because without him I wouldn't have gotten up to speed so quickly as a shackled. It was good having an experienced player with us right out of the gate.

I would like to say that I hope that no one has any hard feelings for my manipulations as LordRaidor mentioned. I really wasn't sure how to properly be a shackled at first, but quickly figured it out by relying on my own GMing experience. I really had thought that we might have a chance even with skynight's oath, but once it became apparent that it would be next to impossible to get the warriors to vote him out or even not trust him without putting ourselves in danger we had to make a judgement call. He really did a great job keeping the Seer safe, and funrun did an awesome job staying hidden as Seer as well. I don't recall us even once mentioning her as a possible night paralyzation.

I found the game to be an interesting Social Experiment as much as it was a game. It really showed how people think and what sort of things people can except even when they are lies. As Skynight mentioned it is very much the same as Survivor without all the physical stuff.

I would be interested in playing it in person without all the PMing and discussion to see how it would play out. As I mentioned before it was fun, and I've said my piece and will now ride off into the sunset. I'll still be lurking here and there and will reply to anything directed at me. For now, ciao.
Old October 14th, 2006, 01:00 AM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Would anybody mind posting the "Branches" set up by the voting block? I could not convince Syvarris to tell me two days ago. (He said only Nilf knew.) I would be intersted in knowing how that was organized.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old October 14th, 2006, 01:09 AM
Most Wanted

HyperactiveSloth is surprisingly tart
*takes off his Venoc Warlord costume*
Phhhhew! I mean, phew. That was fun! I had a blast!

Geez, took you guys long enough to listen to me about kelda, didn't it? LOL
Seriously, Kelda and Deadeye were on the top of my hit list just before I was paralyzed (maybe that's why I was paralyzed, dunno), but I had no idea whether Deadeye was shackled or not until now. Great job Dan! You were the only one I wasn't too suspiscious of AFTER you'd been paralyzed. You really knew how to keep thinking and acting like a Warrior to the end. For that I give SLADE my ROLE-PLAYING vote.
Another player who really made this game extremely enjoyable was Brotharon with his continuously entertaining and highly effective use of the Omnicron Sniper character. Geniusly role-played and very convincing (rationale=wise), BROTHARON gets my FUN VOTE!

If I had a third vote to give, I'd give it to Chimpy. He was the one player who corresponded with me more than just once or twice. He really helped me feel "in the game", instead of just a contributor. Thank You Chimpy!

I really enjoyed this game and look forward to playing again! It was a great chance to role-play and flex my strategic muscles so to speak. I even had another twist to the game planned for after my paralysis, but the way things played out I decided it would only derail the warriors momentum. I actually had planned to be much more involved as a paralyzed warrior, but coincidentally life got in the way as well as my paralysis. I hope to be one of the final few next time and see how it goes. Major props to all who played! You guys (and gals) rock!

...MASQUERADE Registration Now Underway... (Click for Details)

[Don't have "permission"? ...Click Here to give yourself access...]
Old October 14th, 2006, 01:10 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
There should definitely be a category for best con-job in a game like this!!!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old October 14th, 2006, 01:20 AM
...Sneakiest Charmed ('07 CoNny Award)

Mystic Blue is surprisingly tart
Um, hi . So I've never played HeroScape before, but I find the world intriguing, to say the least .

And Curse of Ne-Gok-Sa was a complete blast, thanks LordRaidor for setting this up and running it for us and, well, keeping us coloring between the lines (for the most part :P). You chosing me as your vote for role-play was completely surprising and it makes me proud that I impressed you that much.

Apparently Thorgrim really got around, because he was my main man. My PM Savbox has 6% storage space left because of him :P. I figured he was a warrior and I also figured he was collecting votes aside from mine, judging from a few things he said (and then later, when he told me outright). I'll admit, though, that my faith wavered, right there at the end when I contemplated just who the last 'Shackled could be.

I felt completely clueless the whole time, trying to pull together enough information to make a somewhat-informed decision for each vote. It almost never worked :P. I was certain we had a 'Shackled with Raelin (then I wasn't sure, then I was sure again :P) and with Sarge. But Sarge made me work for that certainty and keep working for it and oh, the guilt. I loved that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funrun
YEAH YEAH YEAH! I'm the SEER and I lasted the whole game and got the warriors to win! nah nah nah! Ok now, who did I fool and for how long?
Me. The entire time. Kelda was my pick for the Visionary, to be quite honest. You looked a little shifty-eyed to me, kept staring at Dan's pants like you could see through them. Or wanted to see through them :P.

Nilfheim got suspicious when he kept not getting paralyzed. I figured the OOC oath pretty well cleared him, but his seer? Not so much. Probably game day four or five on I kept expecting him to wake up paralyzed and when he kept on coming back, I figured the only explanation was that the 'Shackled knew who Nilf would reveal and weren't worried because they were the ones putting names in his hands. Er, claws .

At the end there, when I realized things were so close, I figured I needed to get more involved and proactive. Apparently a bad choice! Actually I was trying to get the hang of things (both the HeroScape universe and Ne-Gok-Sa) early on and that's part of the reason for the big dramatic change at the end. Because normally, I'm, um, wordy .

Like I said, I'd fingered Kelda for the Visionary, so I thought I'd be out next. When Taggart was paralyzed, he'd see the cave through the rose-colored glasses of home in Kansas. I had planned out a cousin named Dorothy and Nilfheim would have figured prominently as Toto .

I think I need to go read through the whole thing again, knowing what I know now. I'm sure it's a lot more amusing that way :P.

Oh, LordRaidor, what was it about the game that had you scared?

Old October 14th, 2006, 01:26 AM
...Sneakiest Charmed ('07 CoNny Award)

Mystic Blue is surprisingly tart
Also, netherspirit, your sig rocks. Does it change daily?

Old October 14th, 2006, 01:43 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
HOOOLLLLYYY CCCRRRAAAAPPP....we did it. You guys do not know how much I have been walking on a razors edge. Not only was I getting pummeled by the shackled but also free warriors. I was glad old Nilf got to sacrifice himself to save the seer. That becam my true goal was to protect the seer at all costs. We actually pulled it off. There was so much going on that I can only give you hints of what was there but I will try to fill you all in.

As you know Charos was my first target because he had admitted he was shackled. That was the easy one. I really did not know until right now if he was shackled.

At this time I would like to recognize my pal the Omnicron Sniper. There were times I was sure he may be shackle dbut we drove right on. We had an alliance from day one and did not let anyone know it. Between us we were running around 6 or 7 votes by day 2 :P I had to have somebody to talk to and I took my chances with him. WHY??? Because in the beggining he approached me and then withdrew his friendship when he became a bit suspicious...From there we instantly started talking and got on great. I was sad to see him go but even afterwards he was keeping two or three votes rolling for me. The best thing was is that I did not have to contact these folks...He was doing it, took all the heat off of me.

So anyways onto Syvarris, I shudder at how close I came to knocking her out of the game. The Sniper and I decided to split our voting block at the last second to keep people away from knowing we were working together... He went for the Viper and I went after Syvarris. Now I know many of you think I missed n Syvarris but I really did not...I gave everything away at that point of the game.

When I was on that late night, so was Chimpy, Nether, Sloth and Funrun...Why did I not go after the others??? Well like I said Syvarris knew way to much strategy about what was going on...She tried to lead the warriors torwards Raelin and when we did not get it she did it again. I knew she knew way to much... I just forgot about the Visionary role is all

Anyways we just barely missed her and that night she visioned me. I had a very good feeling she was the Seer at this point or quite possibly the ballsiest player ever. I was still watching her though. As I said in my earlier post...If the shackled had come forward as a false seer at this point things may have gone a very different route. As we talked and chatted every day three or four times a day I became more convinced of her being the Seer.

We were running tens of scenarios at any given time and what was amazing is that many of those times we were on the exact same page even before we pm'd eachother. The only other one who really broke the game down to numbers and probabilities with me like this in PM's was Malechi as Jotun. He was running the exact same number schemes as I was except he was not sure exactly who the seer was.

Anyways it was off to protect Syvarris, we pretty much worked on nearly every post together. Every time she attacked me in public or I made a snide comment about her to throw the shackled we would let eachother know about it. We would caution eachother...things like alright good job, now back off just a little..or do not vote right after me, split the vote this time. We needed to keep ourselves seperated at all costs.

We were releasing the names of warriors until it becam apparent that the Shackle dwere going after the non visioned warriors to find the seer. This was the one part I felt bad about....We cleared Nethers name and then released Syvarris's in place. Nether never even knew this until it was almost too late. I really trie to save him but I couldn't because of work . Anyways he took it like a trooper and never gave away that he was cleared. If he had all could have been lost.

There was also another name almost right from the beginning who was cleared but he knew it and waited in the shadows for the betterment of the team. The knight of Weston was dead spot on this whole game, he would have sacrificed his character in a heartbeat if asked which he almost was. The day we released Sullivans name it was going to be the Knights instead. We decided it was easier to protect the knight from the mob then it was Reaper. He was kinda loud like me :P

BTW, Reaper was cleared so quickly becaus ehe was trying to hammer Syvarris. That was goign the wrong way real quick so we needed him in our group. After a few days we told him who the Seer was I thought he was going to blow the whistle on the whole thing. That was until the shackled took out the Viper....That was the reason he stayed true I think. He suspected the Viper, and his going down cleared Syvarris.

BTW when I told the Viper he was cleared he pretty much told me to pack sand

So anyways Syvarris and I set it up kinda like the Batman begins thing. I was going to be the figure head and she was going to be one of my followers while in all actuality it was the other way around.

I cannot tell you the amount of dancing and tight rope walking it took to pull this off. From everything to Dan blasting me, Free warriors demanding th ename of the Seer, cleared warriors threatening to vote elsewhere, shackled trying to wedge in, all the way to where I slipped up just enoguh info to turn the Shackled on to me being the Seer. There were just to few of us left and I knew we needed one more vision if Kelda was not our Shackled.... I was pretty proud of myself to get this done.

The only vote Funrun and I were not able to turn was Nethers likeI said. other than that we did pretty well together i think. I could not have asked for a better partner, I wish I could explain to you the amount of info we passed back and forth. It would almost scare you It was nice that we were pretty much in tune with eachother on almost every thing we did. Their were a few compromises here and there but we both listened to the others ideas and grew strategy off of eachother. So now for my awards

Best RolePlayerOmicron Sniper As I said I could pass him info and he would put it into his robotic speech and give it just the right tweak to make it his own. He saved my hide more than once.

Fun vote Syvarris My vote could go nowhere else. we danced on a razors edge together and came out smelling like roses. Sitting and pming at 2 in the morning or right while we running out the doors even added to the drama. Thanks a bunch Funrun, I had a great time and I cannot wait to play again

BTW Next time no more RL oaths no matter what
Old October 14th, 2006, 01:49 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
BTW...If anybody has any questions on why i did something or did not please feel free to ask. Almost everything I did was weighed before I posted it. There is to much for me to write so let me know if you have questions.

And Brotharon, i was really glad you were not shackled there at the end....Your waiting up and watching for the shackled at night move was one of the best in the whole game....It almost cost us the whole game but it was still awesome
Old October 14th, 2006, 02:22 AM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I gotta agree with Drake (RPMiller) - THE OMNICRON ROBOT GETS MY ROLEPLAYING VOTE.
brotharon consistently relayed his substantial game logic thru the robotic sequencing, and his game insights were something to go on in a game where almost nothing can be counted on.

For most fun, for me that has to go to MALECHI'S MONO-SYLLABIC JOTUN.
He consistently got me smiling more often than any other player, in a game where the business end of the game was more work than fun.
Old October 14th, 2006, 02:32 AM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Well, I was clueless pretty much the whole time. I was suspicious of everyone. However, I was convinced that Nilfeim was a warrior or the visionary when Raelin was paralyzed and started acting like a desperate mindshackled. I was also sure that the warriors got another puppet when Deadeye Dan was voted to drink. He tried to defend himself a little too vigorously. On this last day, I knew that the game was almost over when the Sgt. joined in the mini campaigns for warriors but, never would have have guessed Kelda as a puppet.

Anyways, I had a great time. I had never played anything like this before so I was not sure how to get myself into the game more. My attempt got me paralyzed. I now have a better understanding of the game and would be interested in playing again.

As for my votes, the Omnicron Sniper, the Venoc Warlord and the MacDirk Warrior had the most frustrating posts to read but, were definately in character. I had to read Nooblar's posts 3 or 4 times to figure out what he was saying. Most everybody was quite convincing as their characters. I think I had the most fun creating my own character but , I'm not going to vote for myself.

Best Roleplayer: Brotharon as the Omnicron Sniper
Most Fun: LordRaider as the Storyteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
BTW Next time no more RL oaths no matter what
Are you willing to take an oath to that effect? :P

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old October 14th, 2006, 02:36 AM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Oh, man this is hard. I really enjoyed the game, but picking a "best" player is too much!

I really missed the boat early, not having played online before. It never occurred to me to keep spreadsheets, as I normally play face-to-face. The missing body language was hard for me, too. Next time I have a better idea of what I'll face.

I don't know why, but funrun made Syvarris so disarming that I never really suspected him/her/argh! of being shackled. Not seriously. I also liked how you captured the foppish elf as you did--hilarious!

Nilfheim was a great attention magnet, and I tried to pipe up for/against/neutral for him enough so I wouldn't be taken out by reason of silence. But it was great fun watching a character emerge as a leader in the cave when nobody else stepped forward. I played my posts off a lot of what he said, and I was happy to get drawn into his circle mid-game; it was like a safety net for a lost warrior. I know now it was Syvarris's circle, but I still think of King Nilfheim controlling the vote

Airborne Elite--sorry I got posts mixed up in that last little exchange. I was rather hurried, and I knew that "thick as theives" was somehow associated with you My call on Kelda was, in the end, randomized, but I knew I needed to sound confident for the endgame.

Great time, guys. Can't wait for the next one.
NILFHEIM GETS MY FUN VOTE
SYVARRIS GETS MY ROLEPLAY VOTE
Old October 14th, 2006, 02:41 AM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild
the Omnicron Sniper, the Venoc Warlord and the MacDirk Warrior had the most frustrating posts to read but, were definately in character. I had to read Nooblar's posts 3 or 4 times to figure out what he was saying.
Working as intended! I hoped to garner some Roleplay brownie points with that one, but the dialect generator I found, well, I had to regularly change words back to plain English so they could just be read Oh, well. I liked playing with Jotun's mind, or what there was of it
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games