Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Closed Thread

Old October 12th, 2006, 05:04 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yes, I believe the MacDirk is shackled as well. Maybe us warriors can actually win this.
Old October 12th, 2006, 05:33 PM
...Sneakiest Reliquary ('07 CoNny Award)

Blue Angel has disabled reputation
Time grows short

...MASQUERADE Registration Now Underway... (Click for Details)

[Don't have "permission"? ...Click Here to give yourself access...]
Old October 12th, 2006, 06:14 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
"Actually, ah'm sorry, y'all -
I meant ta ask Kelda and tha' Airborne Elite and Thorgrim if they could tell us all who they voted for, when, and why."
Old October 12th, 2006, 06:42 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
That's mair loch it, Sullivan. It shoods be obvioos tae aw th' warriors at thes point 'at Ah am nae their enemy. Ah am sorry tae say 'at mah record ay events isnae as complete as Ah woods loch, but thes trial is different than others Ah hae faced.

Raelin, every wuid ye spick further convinces me ay yer guilt, an' justifies mah decisions in mah min'.
Old October 12th, 2006, 06:48 PM

RPMiller has disabled reputation
Airborne *twitch* warrior just like *spasm* us. Kelda *twitch* not talkative *spasm* uilty... *Cough* Thorgrim tried to *twitch* tell me that *spasm* ...heim might be up to *twitch* ...thing *spasm* Good guy also.

*twitch*Wait... *ugh* ...elite may have tried to trick me *spasm* by saying I should *twitch* vote out Sullivan. *spasm* not sure now.
Old October 12th, 2006, 06:58 PM

IntoAshes has disabled reputation
Well, dear cavemates… It seems I have had reason to be silent again during our stay.

(OOC: My grandfather passed away Monday. I have been with family until earlier today, when I came home to pack. I am about to go out of town again, as it is my birthday, and I will be spending it on the road with friends.)

In regards to the cowboy’s request for information: I do not have the time to put together a comprehensive voting log with which to prove my innocence. I was never the first to vote, because I did not want to be paralyzed for making a poor guess as to who should drink. But on those days when I was here to cast a vote, I was not the last to vote, and I believe my vote was always cast before the victim’s fate was sealed. I tried to reserve each of my votes until I could see where it would do the most good, and then used my best judgment before deciding which of the candidates would receive it. I think that if you take the time to review my votes, they will support this claim.

At this point, if you feel that I am mind shackled, I say you should vote for me. But if you vote for me only because I have been quiet, then I would say that you are not helping our mutual cause. I have had my reasons for being quiet. This was, in part, deliberate. I knew that the more I said, the more I would have to defend. I thought carefully each time that I spoke, and based all my decisions on the facts of the case as I saw them. I know that I have not had much interaction with others in the cave, but this was so that I could make as clear a decision as was possible. I have only ever voted my own mind, because I have been terribly afraid of being led astray by some of the more charismatic members of our cave. I have realized that disinformation can travel the same routes as good information here in our cave, and there is not one among you that I can entirely trust until this ordeal is over.

Sadly, I will not be able to contribute much information in the near future. (OOC: Like I said, I’m leaving town. I should be back late Sunday or early Monday, but if you guys honestly feel like me being quiet is hindering your ability to play the game, go ahead and vote me out. I didn’t anticipate having to be gone so much during this game, or I probably wouldn’t have signed up for it. I have really enjoyed it, I will continue to enjoy it – whether I am voted out or not, and hope to be able to play another game in the future. But if my absence is going to pose a problem, I will gladly be paralyzed so that you guys can continue enjoying the game.)

As I said, if you honestly believe that I am mind shackled, I encourage you to vote for me. But if my reserved nature is what has you suspicious, then I feel you are voting for the wrong reason. It is not for me to say. Each of you must make up your own mind.

As for me, I must go ahead and cast my vote. For as much attention as I have gotten for being quiet, he has gotten disproportionately little. His judgments seem to me to be hasty, though I may be wrong. For today, based solely on my own observations, I VOTE THORGRIM DRINKS.
Old October 12th, 2006, 08:50 PM
...Sneakiest Charmed ('07 CoNny Award)

Mystic Blue is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
"Actually, ah'm sorry, y'all -
I meant ta ask Kelda and tha' Airborne Elite and Thorgrim if they could tell us all who they voted for, when, and why."
Well I'm sorry, too, Sullivan. I suppose we'll all be sorry for the things we've said and the things we've done to people in this cave when we get out. *looks at the sergeant pensively* Nothin' we can do about it now but move forward.

If you're askin' for our voting records, it might be kind of you to put yours out on the table. After all, you've got nothin' to hide if Nilfheim's seer cleared ya, right?

But I'll assume you're going to lay your cards face up, same way I'll lay mine, and I'll move forward.

Most of this will probably be in Sarge's notes, if anyone can find 'em, or the dragon's scratchings, if anyone can read 'em, but I'll spare you the time and tell you myself.

The first day I voted for Charos. I wasn't the first, wasn't the last. Probably closer to the end than the beginnin', though, because I was still tryin' to get my barings. But when I proposed that we should get vote for those who weren't helping us that first day, I meant it, and that was my eventual reason for chosin' the dragon.

The second day I voted for Syvarris. I didn't trust him then and I don't particularly trust him now. *shrug* A feelin's a feelin' and those are as good indicators as any. Concan was suspicios and I said as much. Concan and Syvarris were both on my list, but, frankly, Nilfheim's a smooth talker and I sided with him that day.

I voted pretty late on the third day for the Venoc Warlord. I found both him and the Omnicron Sniper suspicious. It was the fact that the viper voted for himself that pushed him to the top of the list.

I played follow the leader-dragon along with quite a few others on the fourth day in voting Raelin.

Disgust over the huge power Nilfheim commanded, and my own pitiful response to it, led me to vote for the Knight of Weston on the fifth day. I saw a suspicious warrior and I stated that. I'd seen the backlash other warriors took for voting out of line with the majority, even the minority -- a single, solitary vote is suspicious and remarked-upon -- but I figured the risk was worth it. I still think it was and I'm still not satisfied with the answers I received.

The vote on the sixth day was powerfully split and I didn't want to give the 'Shackled more of a numerical advantage than I had to, so I didn't vote for either of the two accused who only had a vote apiece. I voted for the Aubrien Archer because, between him and Deadeye Dan, the Aubrien seemed more suspicious.

I need a thesaurus to give me another word for suspicious, please.

Dan's arguments didn't ring true the seventh day. He didn't refute his accusations too well and he put forth ideas that weren't sound.

I think I made clear yesterday why I voted for Sarge. We'll see how that works out.

Again, Sullivan, are you willin' to put your money where your mouth is and do this same thing?

Old October 12th, 2006, 09:21 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
"Sure thing, soldier.

Ah'd be glad to, and I may shortly when ah get the chance ta roo-mi-nate, but maybee ah'm not followin' things clear, but I'm not 'xactly on trial now, am I?

Ah think it's pretty clear what we're all down to - just a few Warriors left, who all tha' other ones are relyin' on ta make the right decisions.

And there's a few unknowns in our midst.
Ah'd think those few would want to play every card they had right now ta show the rest a us they aren't working for tha' enemy!

Now's not the time ta hold yer cards, guys.
You hold yer cards now, and they don't give ya no score.
An unplayed card is a thrown away card right now.
And we don't got many hands left."
Old October 12th, 2006, 09:32 PM

Quote:
"Sure thing, soldier.

Ah'd be glad to, and I may shortly when ah get the chance ta roo-mi-nate, but maybee ah'm not followin' things clear, but I'm not 'xactly on trial now, am I?
We're not out of this cave yet, Sullivan. I'd say we're all still on trial here, including Nilfheim and his Visionary.

If you can't be bothered to explain yourself the way Kelda and I both have, that's on your head. Tells the rest of us something about you, though.

Quote:
You hold yer cards now, and they don't give ya no score.
An unplayed card is a thrown away card right now.
And we don't got many hands left."
Unless you're playin' bridge, a card in your hand isn't a point. In poker, it's called a bluff. My cards are face up, cowboy, why do you keep holding yours so close?

Old October 12th, 2006, 11:02 PM

Sullivan cleared by Nilf *twitch* now acting suspicious *spasm* yet you vote for the warriors *twitch* because you are told to. *spasm* Cowboy has much to hi... *twitch* ...guilty *spasm* I suspect... *spasm* ...gart *twitch* now think Sulli... *spasm* *ugh* All duped.
Old October 13th, 2006, 12:13 AM

While Sullivan and I could probably duke it out all day, I'm ready to move on to an actual target. Not that the conversation is over, cowboy. I still expect you to do the same as Kelda and I did, out of courtesy to a fellow warrior, if nothing else. Assuming you're a warrior, that is.

Knight of Weston(please note that that is not a vote!), I call you out again. Last time you figured you didn't have to reply to me because I didn't ask you any questions. Well, I'll just phrase things differently this time.

On the first day (92129), you say we must proceed with caution and act with certainty when we're all of the same mind. You reiterated it again to Nilfheim (92140), telling us to move slowly and with care. You refused to cast the first vote that day, leaving it to those around you (93045). Even when Nilfheim took a stand, you didn't voice theories or your own thoughts on the matter. When six votes have been cast, but no one is clearly ahead, so you remark upon it, but don't actually vote (93324), but you tell Nilfheim he's acting suspicious. When Thorgrim has six votes against him, a fairly convincing start, you cast your vote for him, saying you regret it, despite your earlier calls for caution and certainty (93545). So now to my question: Why, when you said we should take things slow and careful, be sure of who we're forcing to drink, do you vote for someone you don't think is a 'Shackled?

The second day, you and Sarge have a misunderstanding (Sarge even mentioned it earlier (106353)). It's nothing major, just a few words that are harsher than they probably should have been (96312 & 96400) and then you reconcile it. Like the best of buddies, you both put it past you and don't vote for one another. In fact, you never voted for one another, even yesterday you chose to abstain instead of voting either for Sarge or for someone else and risk looking suspicious. So what made the two of you so close in the first place, that you'd get over an argument so fast and stick so far away from one another? Of course, Sarge did ask you many of the same questions I'm posin' to you right now (106353), but I found your answers vague and unhelpful (106387). Can you tell me the truth now?

Oh, and you regretted voting for Concan again (96939). What happened to careful and convinced?

Third day dawns and you're the first to point out the 'Shackleds' plan to take out the warriors going down the alphabetical list (98197). You're the first one skipped, by that logic, but you never really suffered the backlash from it. I notice now you're at the very top of a short list. Funny how that happened. Since you're going to say you're a warrior, why do you think they skipped you and why don't you think you've been further implicated since then?

Your votes get a bit sloppy after that. You vote for the Omnicron Sniper based on his vote for himself (99329), but the Venoc Warlord had done the same thing first. You don't give any idea of why you might have done what you did, just a semi-random vote. You didn't give a reason why you voted for Raelin either (102067). Why aren't you using the logic you hailed early on and why aren't you telling us why you're voting the way you are?

When Jotun was paralyzed by the 'Shackled, you implied it was because he supported Nilfheim, but you refused to draw any conclusions (110936). Why aren't you interested in helping the rest of us?

I've given you seven questions, a lucky number where I come from. Maybe your answers will shed some light on this.

Old October 13th, 2006, 12:23 AM

Knight of West... *twitch* good *spasm* no harm *twitch* validated by Nilf as warrior *spasm* no need to pursue *twitch* explained all *spasm* honorable warrior not shackled
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games