Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Closed Thread

Old October 10th, 2006, 11:38 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
OOC; Holy crap Kelda really is a girl Now that was the big shocker. I tend to read every persons votes as male until I know better I guess...anyways back to Nilfheim

THIS NEXT VOTE I CAST WITH NO HESITANCE OR REMORSE, ANOTHER SHACKLED HAS BEEN DISCOVERED BY THE SEER. I WILL SAY THIS ALEXANDER, YOU HAD ME FOOLED FOR A WHILE, BUT AS OF LATE I HAVE GROWN MORE AND MORE SUSPICIOUS OF YOU. THE MAIN REASON I DECIDED TO LOOK IN YOUR DIRECTION WAS WHEN YOU ACCUSED THE KNIGHT. I CALLED YOU ON IT AND YOU INSTANTLY REVERSED YOUR POSITION. THAT MY FRIEND IS THE ACTION OF THE SHACKLEDTRYING TO BE BLEND IN AND NOT MAKE WAVES. SO TODAY YOU ARE THE NEXT THAT WILL DRINK

SGT DRAKE ALEXANDER
Old October 10th, 2006, 02:16 PM

brotharon has disabled reputation
Access Memory Storage -
No Stored Memory In Files - Engage Omnipotence Engines -
Omnipotence Engines Engaged - Command:
Tell The Future Of The Crimson Cave - Complete -
Heroes Win Mindshackled Lose -
Evaluate Current Situation -
Resting Currently: One Shackled - Soon To Be Resting:
One More Shackled - Total: Two Shackled Removed -
Negligible Probability That No Other Shackled Have Been Paralyzed -
Error In Probability Sector - Reassessing -
Determined Probability Of Shackled Personnel Winning At 0% -
Omnipotence Engines Disengaged -
Winning Probability For Warriors Currently: 100% -
No Further Data -

brotharon is Eldgrim...
in th' QUICKSILVER CAVE...Kill aw day, bevvy aw nicht.
Old October 10th, 2006, 03:32 PM
...Sneakiest Charmed ('07 CoNny Award)

Mystic Blue is surprisingly tart
This doesn't feel nearly as much like a betrayal as it did a few days ago.

Sarge, I hate to just go with the group, but there must be mind readers in here and I've been thinkin' that you're a little off for quite a while now. Part of it is gut instinct, something that's gotten me out of sticky situations in the past when something's just felt wrong without any other warning. That's why I waited to say anything, because I wanted more warning before I go accusing a man of your caliber and expertise.

(OOC: All numbers in parenthesis are post numbers. Thanks to Malechi for pointing out that system!)

Early on, the poker game was something you hid behind. You made yourself a part of it by watching, but never joining in (95074). Then you point out that this observation has led you to trust Sullivan (95124), and trust me, observing a card game ain't the same as playing it as far as getting to know the participants. On the second day you said your choices have always been hard as a leader (96400), but at the same time, you wavered. You presented a couple of scenarios where declaring trust in another warrior could cause us good or ill, yet you never came out on either side, despite having cast suspicion and doubt on both yourself and another warrior by saying Sullivan was a warrior.

Truly the strange behavior that started making me uneasy surfaced later, after Sullivan suggested warriors drink in a misguided attempt to root out the 'Shackled. You applauded the Venoc Warlord's vote for himself (99270), encouraged it, then voted for him to drink anyway (99632). If you really felt that this was a legitimate strategy, once the Omnicron Sniper voted for himself as well, you could have abstained, as you did on several other days. In fact, you only seemed to vote when you were fairly certain the opinions in the cave lined up with your own. Of all those you voted for so far, only the Venoc Warlord escaped drinking from the well. And now he's paralyzed as well. I can't give you probabilities, but I'm betting that those odds of that being a complete coincidence are pretty darned slim.

You've tried to sow confusion and doubt among us, being the first to point to Raelin's mass PMs as evidence that she might not be 'Shackled (104889). Since the thing prompting that vote was Nilfheim's Seer's prediction, I thought you might lose faith in both of them. That doesn't seem to be the case (109452).

As Syvarris mentioned earlier, you did point out that you have a suspect (108879), but you never reveal who that is. Finally, you defend yourself by telling us that the 'Shackled will frame you because other warriors attacked you (111910). This only makes everyone more suspicious of one another instead of fostering the kind of trust you allegedly have in Sullivan. I wish I had another choice, sir. You know I've always looked up to you. But I don't think you're quite yourself anymore, and my gut's telling me the danger is sitting right next to me.

SARGE DRINKS TONIGHT

...MASQUERADE Registration Now Underway... (Click for Details)

[Don't have "permission"? ...Click Here to give yourself access...]
Old October 10th, 2006, 04:11 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Sullivan hears all he has to, from Nilfheim's Seer-by-proxy proclamation.

"Ya see, Sgt - this is why ya don't bring a oriental sw-ord to a gunfight!

Now that I gots me a target, I ain't hesitatin' ta pull tha' trigger."

Sullivan levels his shotgun and exaggeratedly aims at Drake.

"Let's get this over with :
Sgt Drake needs ta drink ta-day."
Old October 10th, 2006, 04:30 PM

RPMiller has disabled reputation
"Yes, yes. Fine. Once the Visionary Nilfheim, oh was that outloud? Well he just admitted it himself so I guess that is ok. Anyway, once Nilfheim has targetted someone then they need to just accept the consequences gracefully and as a warrior should. So with that, there is no need to continue justifying your votes since we all know the reason for those votes is simply because the great and powerful Nilfheim said to vote as such. I will drink without being forced as an honorable man should. I wish you all well and good luck in your quest. For after tonight I fear that you won't find it so easy." The Sgt looks over at Taggart and gives a little nod. "You have done well. Continue to fight the good fight and never give up, never surrender." He then turns at looks at those assembled, "Farewell my fellow warriors and if I do prove to be shackled I would hope that you would free me as I would you."

He then pulls out his canteen and walks to the well spring. He lowers it in and fills it a little then swishes it around and pours it out only to fill it again. "I have been quite thirsty." He walks over to the cave wall, withdrawals his sword and thrusts it into the ground. He then lowers himself to the floor and rests against the wall. "It has been a long and grueling fight. I much prefer open battlefields." With that he raises his canteen to those assembled about him and then drinks of the cool refreshing waters. His hand falling down to his side as the canteen clatters away from him and his eyes reflect a faraway place.
Old October 10th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
**ooc: Did 'the sarge' have enough votes against him yet to make that official??
Old October 10th, 2006, 06:18 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
OOC: Yes, 5 out of 9.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old October 10th, 2006, 06:57 PM

brotharon has disabled reputation
Realign Internal Targeting Matrix -
Error - System Not Responding - Retry -
System Functional - Matrix Realigned -
Test Targeting Matrix -
Error - No Viable Targets In Range - Override -
All Systems Unlocked -
System Check - All Systems OK: Yes/No -
Yes -
System Malfunction -
All Systems Going Offline -
Reboot Sequence Initialized -
Going Offline In - 5 - 4 - 3 -
Error - System Rejected Shutdown And Reboot

brotharon is Eldgrim...
in th' QUICKSILVER CAVE...Kill aw day, bevvy aw nicht.
Old October 10th, 2006, 08:33 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Drake was a shackled, Ah can feel it. he was sleekit, an' huir uv a braw at remainin' anonymoos, but we finally pinned heem, th' weasel. Now, dornt hink 'at coz th' decision is gart, 'at Ah wulnae cest mah ain vote. AH VOTE FUR DRAKE.
Old October 11th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
NIGHT 8 - And Then There Were Eight...

. . .Is it Over?. . .

. . .Have the Warriors purged the evil from their presence?. . .

. . .Or have they been played for gullible fools by the Puppets instead?. . .

. . .Who has claimed victory?. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .NOONE!!! ^_^

---A verdict has been reached, and the sentence carried out. The players have decided that Sgt. Drake Alexander is most likely a Mindshackled Puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa, and he has followed Deadeye Dan's lead, filling his own canteen with the cursed waters and surrendering his fate into the hands of his fellow survivors. The Sergeant's act leaves only 8 people still active in the cave. Come morning, ...there will only be 7...---

It is now NIGHT8. Discussion may continue in THIS THREAD or via Private Messaging. Mindshackled players who are not paralyzed must PM their final Paralysis votes to me by 11:00PM (CST) Wednesday, Oct 11, or their votes will be decided randomly for them. Paralysis votes may not be altered once cast. If the Visionary is not yet paralyzed, he or she may also send me a PM before 11:00PM (CST) Wednesday, Oct 11, and request to know the identity of any ONE player, paralyzed or active. I will send a truthful reply to the Visionary via PM and post the results of the Mindshackled voting as soon after 11:00PM (CST) Wednesday, Oct 11, as is feasible for me.

Sgt. Drake Alexander has been Paralyzed by the popular vote of his peers. RPMiller may no longer VOTE during the DAY, and may no longer fill his 'special role' at night if he is a Mindshackled or the Visionary. However, Paralyzed players are still strongly encouraged to continue to participate in the game and help their teammates win this struggle! For role-playing purposes, Paralyzed characters may not move about the cave or take any physical actions (other than twitch and convulse uncontrolably). Paralyzed players, however, may still POST anything they wish (in this thread or via PMs) and continue to be an active part of the discussion. In theory, Paralyzed players are enfeebled and delirious, but the extent of their dementia is up to each individual player, and any coherent bits of speech that work their way out in between bouts of nonsensical gibberish is still plenty good enough to communicate with the other players...

The following players are in the cave. Colors denote Active or Paralyzed status:
  • Agent Minivann - Shaolin Monk (Paralyzed on NIGHT1)
  • agentX-127 - Morsbane (Paralyzed on NIGHT2)
  • Blue Angel - Sir Denrick (Paralyzed on NIGHT3)
  • brotharon - Omnicron Sniper (Paralyzed on DAY3)
  • Cavalier - Knight of Weston
  • cbs42 - Concan (Paralyzed on DAY2)
  • ChaosChild - Warrior of Ashra (Paralyzed on DAY5)
  • Chimpy - Gorillinator (Paralyzed on NIGHT5)
  • funrun - Syvarris
  • HyperactiveSloth - Venoc Warlord (Paralyzed on NIGHT6)
  • IntoAshes - Kelda
  • Jormi_Boced - Raelin (Paralyzed on DAY4)
  • JuicerGM - Thorgrim
  • Kahrma - Tarn Viking Warrior (Paralyzed on NIGHT4)
  • Malechi - Jotun (Paralyzed on NIGHT7)
  • Mystic Blue - Airborne Elite
  • netherspirit - Aubrien Archer (Paralyzed on DAY6)
  • Nooblar - MacDirk Warrior
  • reapersaurus - 'Shotgun' Sullivan
  • RPMiller - Sgt. Drake Alexander (Paralyzed on DAY
  • skyknight - Nilfheim
  • Slade - Deadeye Dan (Paralyzed on DAY7)
  • ultradoug - Charos (Paralyzed on DAY1)
[Note to Beginners and Spectators: ...It's not gonna be THAT easy, kiddies. ^_^ The Mindshackled are either extremely lucky or devilishly clever, and in either case, between one and three of them are still at large in the cave. However, it is now a certainty that at least one Puppet HAS been neutralized, or else the Puppets would have claimed victory today. Of the 8 players who have been Paralyzed by DAY votes, a minimum of 5 and maximum of 7 of them were undoubtedly free-willed Warriors...

At this point, the cave could conceivably be a numbers game. If Nilf is a Warrior and a true 'Seer' really has been talking to him (or Nilfheim IS the Visionary), then Nilf and his 'loyals' can eliminate those with unknown identities faster that the Puppets can compensate, and the Warriors will eventually win. If someone is talking to Nilf as the 'Seer', but they are actually a Puppet, then that 'false prophet' will now have total freedom to name whomever they wish as Warriors or Puppets while still culling the true Warriors at NIGHT with complete impunity; by the time the misled Warriors realize their 'Visionary' is false, it will be too late, and the Puppets will have won. If Nilf is a PUPPET, then the Warriors have had it. ^_^ If Nilf is a Warrior, but isn't talking to ANYONE, or his 'Seer' has already fallen and he's just faking it to retain control of his voters, then the game could still go either direction, depending solely on the actions of the players. Of course, if the whole 'Visionary-Mouthpiece' gambit was a scam to begin with, then it's still anybody's game...

During NIGHTS, there isn't really much for most of the players to do but wait (and/or chat, if they like). The players with special roles (Mindshackled and/or Visionary) will be secretly interacting with each other and/or me during this time. As soon as all this covert NIGHT activity is over (11:00PM CST Wednesday, Oct 11, at the latest), I will post again to let the anxious players know which one of their number has been Paralyzed by the crafty Mindshackled Puppets, and the game will continue with the start of DAY9...

Some of you may have noticed that the 'voting procedure change' I hinted at several weeks ago has not yet been implemented. Though I was fairly certain of its neccessity, I've been having second thoughts. I'm still new to this whole 'internet venue' thing, so I've decided to ride out all three of the current games without any voting rules changes and see what happens. If it looks like it's warranted, brotharon and allskulls and I will spell out the changes before the next set of games. If it looks like it's not a big deal, ...we'll keep it the way it is, for simplicity sake. We'll see...]

^_^
-LordRaidor-

...Experience the Curse... (Click for Details)
[Don't Have 'Permission'? Click Here to Give Yourself Access...]
Old October 11th, 2006, 10:46 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
SO WE ARE STILL HERE, WELL IT SEEMS THERE IS MORE WORK TO BE DONE. HOW CLEVER OF YOU TO PICK UP ON MY WORDS DRAKE, DID I SLIP? AM I THE SEER OR DO I FEED YOU WORDS SO I CAN WATCH THEM GET SPEWED BACK AT ME TO VERIFY MY OWN SEER? PERHAPS YOU HAVE ALREADY DEFEATED THE SEER. HOPEFULLY SOMEDAY I CAN TELL YOU THE ANSWER TO THAT. I HAVE WOVE A WEB SO DEEP THAT WHEN WE WALK FROM THIS CAVE VICTORIOUS IT WILL TAKE YOU DAYS TO MAKE SENSE OF IT ALL.

AS FOR YOU AND YOUR BRETHERN, WELL YOU ARE IN TROUBLE. I HAVE ALREADY RELEASED THREE CLEARED NAMES FOR YOU TO SEE. HOW MANY HAVE I HID? HOW MANY WARRIORS OUT OF THE REMAINING HERE ARE ACTUALLY CLEARED WARRIORS OR THE SEER? PERHAPS THERE IS ONLY ONE NAME LEFT ON THE LIST TO VOTE OFF TO REMOVE THE SHACKLED FOR GOOD. I WILL TELL YOU THIS, YOU ARE VERY CLOSE TO BEING CHECKMATED.

THE NUMBERS ARE TICKING DOWN NOW AND THEY FALL IN OUR FAVOR, YOUR TIME IS VERY SHORT INDEED.

Old October 11th, 2006, 01:08 PM
assistant leader

ALSO FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT QUITE CONVINCED ON THE SEERS AUTHENTICITY, NOTICE THE WAY DRAKE WENT DOWN. NOT A WHIMPER ABOUT BEING FRAMED, NOT A WORD OF CAUTION ABOUT FALSE SEERS AND MORE OF A DECLARATION OF GUILT THAN INNOCENCE. AS A MATTER OF FACT HE DID NOT EVEN REALLY DEFEND HIMSELF.

DRAKE SAID THIS AS WELL....

I wish you all well and good luck in your quest. For after tonight I fear that you won't find it so easy
THIS VERY WELL MIGHT BE THE KEY TO FINDING THE NEXT SHACKLED.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games