Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 28th, 2015, 08:23 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
The Book of Flash (Jay Garrick)

The Book of Flash (Jay Garrick)

C3G DC WAVE 25
THE JUSTICE SOCIETY

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from The Flash set.
Its model number and name are #001a / The Flash.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from The Flash Gravity Feed set.
Its model number and name are #201 / The Flash.

Character Bio - Turned into a speedster by an experiment gone wrong, Jason Peter “Jay” Garrick was the first superhero to use the name the Flash, becoming the lightning fast protector of Keystone City. During World War II, Jay, along with six other heroes, banded together to form the Justice Society of America. Years later, after a multiversal crisis that merged the multiple versions of Earth, Jay met Barry Allen, the Flash from Earth One. Jay came out of retirement much later to reform the Justice Society of America along with fellow members Ted Grant and Alan Scott, with the goal of training a new generation of superheroes who could carry on fighting for truth and justice.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a figure with the Superspeed special power, Flash cannot be affected by aspects of Professor Zoom's Negative Speed Force Special Attack.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Last edited by Arch-vile; July 24th, 2022 at 11:57 PM.
Old October 28th, 2015, 08:23 PM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Flash (Jay Garrick) - Design Phase

NAME = FLASH
SECRET IDENTITY = JAY GARRICK

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MYSTERY MAN
PERSONALITY = INSPIRING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 10
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 220

SUPERSPEED
Flash may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After taking a turn with Flash, if he did not use his Disorienting Whirlwind special power this turn, he may move up to an additional 4 spaces.

DISORIENTING WHIRLWIND
After moving and before attacking with Flash, you may choose 2 small or medium figures he moved through this turn and either:
- switch the chosen figures; or
- if the chosen figures are in the same army, move up to 1 unrevealed Order Marker from each chosen figure's Army Card to the other chosen figure's Army Card.
Figures moved by Disorienting Whirlwind never take any leaving engagement attacks.

INSPIRING SPEEDSTER
All Mystery Men, Protégés, and figures with the Superspeed or Speed Force special power you control that are within 6 clear sight spaces of Flash add 1 to their Defense numbers.

ORIGINAL DESIGN:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Viegon; April 6th, 2016 at 08:34 AM.
Old October 28th, 2015, 08:24 PM

This is the version I posted in the faction discussion thread. Superspeed is a must, and I definitely want to keep Inspiring Speedster, as that part of Jay’s character is the most important in my opinion (though I’m not married to the power name; any better suggestions?). I know when I posted this before not many people liked Disarming Whirlwind, and after thinking on it more, I’m not that big on it myself (I like the theme but the mechanics are mostly just annoying). Spidey had been pushing for a hat throw power, which I would be okay with; probably something along the lines of:

HELMET THROW
When attacking with Flash’s normal attack, you may subtract 1 from his attack number to add 2 to his range number.

I had contemplated just dropping Disarming Whirlwind and going with a 2-power card, but that leaves Superspeed without a limitation power. I guess we could switch Superspeed to Speed Force to get around that.

Thoughts?

ADDITIONAL COMIC ART:
Spoiler Alert!

Old October 28th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I actually like Disarming Whirlwind. It has nice theme that we haven't previously expressed on a speedster and that I've seen Jay actually do in the comics a lot more than I've seen him throw his hat. The hat throw is cool and all, but I like Disarming Whirlwind better.

My only concern with Disarming Whirlwind is it's the type of power that gets competitively abusive, especially when you get in a situation with Jay where you're taking multiple turns per Order Marker, thanks to some hub figure. So I'd want to see the D20 upped to 15+ or so if we kept it.

Alternately, the same theme and a D20 power could be use to subtract from that figure's defense until the end of this player's turn, which would be fun and help him on team ups, but wouldn't be as abusive.

I like the name for Inspiring Speedster just fine, but I'm a tad iffy on the mechanics. What's the theme behind him inspiring folks to defend themselves harder? Wouldn't he inspire them to run faster? (Thus a +1 to Move?).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 28th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'll echo Bats - concerned with Disarming Whirlwind being abused but like the concept, a bit iffy on the execution of Inspiring Speedster, which feels a bit cookie-cutter. I can't think of any good alternatives, though, so I'll ruminate on it.
Old October 28th, 2015, 10:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

The disarming whirlwind is an interesting power, it's just way too powerful as currently written. With 3 rolls on 3 different figures, he could end an opponents entire turn on OM1. If you scaled it back I think it could be a pretty nifty power.

DISARMING WHIRLWIND
After moving and before attacking with Flash, you may choose one figure Flash moved through this turn and roll the 20-sided die for the chosen figure. If you roll a 14 or higher, remove 1 Order Marker at random from that figure’s card.

I thought it was pretty cool when Jay taught Barry how to throw lightening in the TV show. I don't know if that is something ever done in the comics or not but I think it would be cool if he had a Thrown Lightening SA.

THROWN LIGHTENING SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4.
Figures on a water space attacked by this special attack roll 2 fewer defense die when defending. When a figure with the Electrically Charged Special Power is attacked with this special attack, they receive no damage and may instead remove one wound marker for each shield rolled while defending.
Old October 29th, 2015, 12:43 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Maybe rearrange OMs on figures he moves through instead of removing OMs? Then you can keep the roll low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 29th, 2015, 07:03 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

That's a cool idea... spinning people around and confusing the battle is a different theme, but still an appropriate one, I think.
Old October 29th, 2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I actually like Disarming Whirlwind. It has nice theme that we haven't previously expressed on a speedster and that I've seen Jay actually do in the comics a lot more than I've seen him throw his hat. The hat throw is cool and all, but I like Disarming Whirlwind better.
Well, if you guys like it, I'm in for exploring it farther; like I said, I like the theme I just don't like the current mechanics.

Quote:
Alternately, the same theme and a D20 power could be use to subtract from that figure's defense until the end of this player's turn, which would be fun and help him on team ups, but wouldn't be as abusive.
I had thought about doing a defense subtract power like that, I do think it'd be fun.

Quote:
I like the name for Inspiring Speedster just fine, but I'm a tad iffy on the mechanics. What's the theme behind him inspiring folks to defend themselves harder? Wouldn't he inspire them to run faster? (Thus a +1 to Move?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'll echo Bats - concerned with Disarming Whirlwind being abused but like the concept, a bit iffy on the execution of Inspiring Speedster, which feels a bit cookie-cutter. I can't think of any good alternatives, though, so I'll ruminate on it.
Well, inspirational powers are almost always stat boosts in C3G (Cap, Solovar, Skrull Warriors, etc.). Thematically, I don't like the idea of an attack boost for Jay (he's just not very aggressive), which leaves us with boosting Move or Defense; but mechanically, boosting Move just wouldn't be very useful, considering half the units he boosts are speedsters. Plus I really like how a defense boost will work with both the JSA and the speedsters.

As to the theme of boosting defense, for me, I see it as these figures being mostly heroes he's helped train or raise, and Jay (being a non-aggressive fighter) would naturally train people to focus on defending themselves and finding peaceful solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
DISARMING WHIRLWIND
After moving and before attacking with Flash, you may choose one figure Flash moved through this turn and roll the 20-sided die for the chosen figure. If you roll a 14 or higher, remove 1 Order Marker at random from that figure’s card.
Ooh, I actually really like that version. Simple, but the tension between Disarming Whirlwind and the extra move from Superspeed should be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I thought it was pretty cool when Jay taught Barry how to throw lightening in the TV show. I don't know if that is something ever done in the comics or not but I think it would be cool if he had a Thrown Lightening SA.

THROWN LIGHTENING SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4.
Figures on a water space attacked by this special attack roll 2 fewer defense die when defending. When a figure with the Electrically Charged Special Power is attacked with this special attack, they receive no damage and may instead remove one wound marker for each shield rolled while defending.
I've never read anything where Jay (or any of the speedsters for that matter) have thrown lightning. I think it's a cool idea, but I don't think it's iconic enough for Jay's card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Maybe rearrange OMs on figures he moves through instead of removing OMs? Then you can keep the roll low.
I like the idea, but I don't think it'd be all that useful. Also seems to loose the theme a little.

Old October 29th, 2015, 10:50 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I disagree, jumbling up the opponent's OM would feel just like a
"Disorienting Whirlwind".

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old October 29th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

How about something like this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
DISARMING WHIRLWIND
After moving and instead of attacking with Flash, you may choose up to 3 Unique Heroes Flash moved through this turn. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each chosen figure. If you roll a 8 or higher, until the next time you reveal an Order Marker, the chosen figures roll 2 fewer attack dice.
Less annoying than removing OMs, but also less of a gamble, and still useful, as long as he's teaming up with someone.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old October 29th, 2015, 11:10 AM

I guess my thinking is that that's not the theme we've use to represent OM rearrangement before (it's always been used with mind game or tactical type powers). That aside, I'll take a shot at writing up so we can see what it'd look like:

Quote:
DISORIENTING WHIRLWIND
After moving and before attacking with Flash, you may choose up to 3 figures Flash moved through this turn. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, you may move 1 Order Marker from each chosen figure's Army Card to the Army Card of a different chosen figure, as long as both figures are in the same opponent's Army.
I guess it could be pretty fun; it would certainly be unique.

EDIT: I like that too TB, it really gets the theme I was going for. I'm a little worried of keeping track of that power, but maybe it's not too bad.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library