Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old November 11th, 2022, 03:25 AM

Wildfire *glass shatters*
Exclamation Lets Fund Heroscape AoA; the pitch

Calling all fellow Heroscapers! It has become obvious to me that we need to band together and do some serious work to get AoA funded. It has broken my heart to see so many of our friends throwing in the towel while we still have a whole week left to get this campaign funded. I am a college student at Virginia Tech and am an avid Heroscape fan. I’ve been playing since I was a kid, at a time when the game was no longer in print, and I have paid insane prices for single characters. I believe that no matter what we all may think about this campaign, I hope we can all agree that Heroscape making a comeback would be an amazing thing. I have a proposal, you can call me naive or a dreamer but please hear me out, I’ll try to keep it brief.

A main sticking point is that Heroscape AoA is too expensive for many people’s tastes, so here's my pitch: If you want only the characters in this set for $125, or only the terrain from this set for $125, I will buy the other half of the box and personally distribute the requested pieces to you. I want to do this because I love Heroscape, and I know times are tough for many, and I want to do my part to help them and make sure Heroscape comes back to official print. If you are interested in this half for half deal, email me immediately at fundHSAOA@gmail.com with the subject line saying either “Characters” or “Terrain” and the body with your preferred name and email. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SEND ANY MONEY UNLESS THE PROJECT IS FUNDED BY NOVEMBER 15TH. If you are interested but want more information, the following link will take you to a PDF going into much greater detail about my plan/process: https://scarlet-angele-61.tiiny.site/

This could accomplish several goals. Number one: frankly I am one guy, I will not be able to distribute thousands of copies, or buy them all myself, if for example character orders far exceed terrain orders. My hope is that many give the value of AoA a second look, and decide that if they can purchase the whole set, they will take that option instead. However I am 100% committed to getting every order I receive out to fellow ‘scapers. Number two: in kick starters such as this one, momentum is everything. Few people will want to go through the process of ordering if it looks like it will be a waste of time, if you catch my meaning. If we can get a lot of momentum going on this project, more and more people will start to flood the scene, as long as they see that a lot of backers are on board and that this could go to print. Number three and probably most importantly, All you need to do is send one simple email, that's it, no money, no address, nothing. Just tell me you're interested so I can put the numbers in. Let's do this thing!

I can understand if some may think this is too little too late, self righteous, Hasbro’s job, or otherwise. I hope the majority of you see this as a final cry for help. If you want Heroscape to come back into official print, this HasLab is the only way it will happen for a very long time. If it funds, outstanding, we did it! If it doesn't, at least we give it one last grut war cry. Please blow this post up, help me by posting it to Heroscapers.com, discord, youtube channels (looking at you Sir Heroscape), and anything else. Tell people what's going on, we need to get Heroscape into ‘scaper’s hands, where it belongs, and more importantly tell Hasbro that they never should have discontinued this fantastic brand.

TLDR; Email me at fundHSAOA@gmail.com if you want to buy the characters or the terrain only for $125. This PDF has extended info about this endeavor. Heroscapers unite, let's see this through!

https://scarlet-angele-61.tiiny.site/

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion