Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old November 29th, 2022, 09:40 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Guardians of the Galaxy

Do I infer correctly that all your designs are intended to be balanced and compatible with Valhallascape?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 30th, 2022, 09:57 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Thanks, GP. I still plan on designing customs for my Marvel, DC and LotR projects, I just won't be buying any of those minis or printing the cards out for myself. Basically, I'll be designing for the pleasure of designing, not necessarily to have figures for use in my games. I'll probably also still tweak old designs if I find it necessary, like you suggested with my Doc Ock card. (For example, I recently revised my Skrull Warriors card to reduce them to a 3-figure squad.)
Gotcha. I'm glad to hear I misread your prior post.

I'll keep an eye on your thread for the Skrull edits. I picked up some Heroclix for them 3-4 weeks ago and plan on rebasing them soon.

On a semi-related note, I really like the look of the new larger scale Super Skrull miniature Heroclix did and want to replace my old one. I have a hard time justifying spending $8-$10 on a single figure though.
Old November 30th, 2022, 06:53 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Do I infer correctly that all your designs are intended to be balanced and compatible with Valhallascape?
Yup, that's always been my goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
I'll keep an eye on your thread for the Skrull edits. I picked up some Heroclix for them 3-4 weeks ago and plan on rebasing them soon.
I actually uploaded the edits into the index a couple weeks ago, I just never posted about it. Sorry.

Old November 30th, 2022, 06:59 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Yup, that's always been my goal.
Nice! I should go through and print out your cards. Only trouble will be finding a place to store/display them...

--
--
--

--
Old November 30th, 2022, 07:07 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

You display your Heroscape cards? You mean, when you're not playing the game? That is some hardcore Heroscape fandom.
Old November 30th, 2022, 08:18 PM

No, but I keep all my minis on shelves in a cabinet ordered by general. The cards for that general go in a stack on the shelf. I'm not sure where the supers would go in all of that.

--
--
--

--
Old November 30th, 2022, 08:37 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
No, but I keep all my minis on shelves in a cabinet ordered by general. The cards for that general go in a stack on the shelf. I'm not sure where the supers would go in all of that.
Dang! You must have a lot of space for all this. I have everything jammed in tackle boxes and it still takes up too much room.
Old November 30th, 2022, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Dang! You must have a lot of space for all this. I have everything jammed in tackle boxes and it still takes up too much room.
I wouldn't be able to fit it all in the cabinet if my classic collection were anywhere close to complete. As-is I have a mostly complete VC collection and some of the shelves are starting to get pretty full.

--
--
--

--
Old December 1st, 2022, 07:46 AM

You've got me beat, caps - I just keep all my minis in Ziploc bags and throw the bags in a big cardboard box. Heck, it's the same cardboard box my first RotV set was shipped in. I should probably take better care of my Heroscape minis considering they're apparently worth their weight in gold nowadays.
Old December 8th, 2022, 08:24 PM

I did some (very) light playtesting of a revision to my Doctor Octopus this week, putting him in a few head-to-head matches, one against three squads of Marro Stingers, one against my Thing and the final one against my Spider-Man. Predictably, he lost to the Stingers, but did manage to destroy six of them first, so pretty respectable. Against the Thing, Doc Ock lost but did manage to put 5 wounds on Thing, which is roughly equal to Ock's point cost, so I was pretty satisfied with that one. Ock lost again to Spidey, but that is designed to be somewhat of a bad matchup for Ock and any fight against Spider-Man is always dependent on Spidey's d20 luck with the Spidey Sense power. I decided to stick with this revised version of Ock for now, which keeps his attack strength but removes his former defensive power, which allowed me to declutter his card down to three powers. I also decided to replace his old movement ability, something I've been doing with a number of other old cards that had that movement ability. Here's the new version:

Last edited by Sherman Davies; January 8th, 2023 at 11:30 AM.
Old January 24th, 2023, 06:24 PM

I made a slight revision to my old custom object rule in order to streamline it a bit and avoid the occasional unthematic weirdness:

I only had one custom that required new power wording due to the change, so I revised him too:

Also made slight tweaks to my Carol Danvers, Mister Fantastic and Professor X cards:

Old January 25th, 2023, 12:29 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I like your throwing rules.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations