Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old January 28th, 2018, 04:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Very cool. So technically there are 3 types of walkers so far. I have all those expansions except the new one in the prison. I was wanting to put together a game day today but it didnt happen.
Yeah, so there is going to be options to have variety, though the on fire walkers will be more situational with needin to walk into fire or be set on fire. They won't just show up on fire unless you write that into the scenario, such that walkers entering front one board edge will be on fire from a prior incident. Similar with the ones wearing riot gear, as it will likely take place at or near a prison, or you could just have one or two of them just randomly show up in a scenario.

Quote:
Spell cards for the other fg books will be the next suppliment I post. After that will be the tables that spawn monsters and treasure and such.
Cool! When I get back into Frostgrave, I'll have to make use of that stuff.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 1st, 2018, 06:35 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I finished my 6 and final scenario last night for The Walking Dead All Out War Heathville solo campaign I've been playing. The first 2 scenarios (2nd one got played twice), were pretty much play by play, and maybe a little dry for some readers. But for 3-6, I pretty much talked about the setup, winning conditions, special rules and finally, a narrative of the action. It was quite fun and neat how the story played out.

Anyway, I figured I'd post a link to that BGG entry here, so that anyone interested can check it out.

Heathville solo campaign for The Walking Dead: All Out War on BGG[/QUOTE]

Old February 1st, 2018, 09:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
I was on miniature market browsing more stuff I shouldn't buy......and seen that there is a zombie in riot gear that will have a new reference card. @Hahma , do you know anything about that? Cause it looks as if they are bringing in a harder to kill zombie type. I'm really curious. The safety behind bars expansion would be enough mantic points for me to get abraham and the new walker rules. This is great except that I haven't even got in a play through of it yet and shouldn't buy any more stuff really because I don't get to play often anyways. Here is what I'm doing with my custom frostgrave wizard types.

Jedi/Sith/Force User
Jedi/Sith will use their spells/abilities at +0
Will use the Neutral Force spells/Abilities at +2
Can use each others Force spells/Abilities at +4
can use the other wizard abilities at +6
other wizards can use their force abilities at +6
I've got a list of jedi/sith abilities together and am going to make cards for them. The wizard stat line will go hand in hand with the generic one. Along with their apprentices/padawans.

Their abilities should make them more offensive in hand to hand combat along with things like force pushing, force choking, force lightning, etc. Should be fun. They shouldn't be more powerful than an elementalist.

I'll also put in a little insert for a couple of additional units.
Trooper-Archer
Heavy Trooper-Crossbowman
Scout Trooper-Archer without shoot/fight bonus for less money
Bounty Hunter-something like a treasure hunter
maybe add some treasure in there like a jetpack. not sure on that one yet. Should be fun. Me and one of my brothers plan on making a handful of custom jedi/sith figures with some translucent colored dowel rods as lightsabers I have on hand.
Hey Trex, I saw a guy on BGG that has come up with Star Wars Frostgrave rules.

http://byteknightvol2.blogspot.com/p...es_29.html?m=1

Old February 3rd, 2018, 11:56 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I checked that out. Great find hahma. I had actually thought about tons of that stuff. That stuff is cool.
Here is what I would do differently.
Jedi/sith would have same start stats as wizards. That way they can be played side by side with original wizards. Id give the jedi/sith new spells. They cast their own on a +0. Neutral force abilitiea on a +2. Each others on a +4. Last but ot least. Other wizard spells on a +6. Wizards could use force abilities on a +6 to start. Id add some extra units like droids and blaster equipped soldiers but keep it pretty streamlined with frostgrave. Jetpacks and such would be cool treasure items to find or buy.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 4th, 2018, 01:20 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

After reading through that guys starwars frostgrave it has a lot of cool stuff but he is redoing so many things. I just want to add some force user schools and a few more things and let the jedi/sith play with the other wizards as they are. Ill likely borrow some of that guys stuff such as some of the extra gear you can pickup/buy, like the jetpack. Im not going to take anything out of original frostgrave though. Mine will be a star wars "expansion" for the frozen city. Thanks for sharing that link though. The guy had a bunch of cool ideas. He certainly put a lot of thought into it.

Old February 5th, 2018, 06:55 PM
"like" happy

@Hahma . I finished cleaning my shop and knocked out a bunch of projects. I went a bit further today reorganizing my terrain closet. I had 2 totes full of junk toys aka my bits boxes. I threw out a ton of junk and now have the following bits ready for:
A ship build, a huge ship(or a huge ship wreckage) which should I do?
A ton of scatter for a medieval market.
A bunch of stuff that needs paint for walking dead all out war including: a barn, a cabin, two 2 story houses, farm fences, and with some work, a windmill.
Also found a stash of primed wedding cake columns to add to the ruins of archipelago and felstad. Another stagecoach, covered wagon, some big straw wagons, some catapults, and the makings of a battering ram. I will set up a table to show off some of the stuff Ive made soon. Pretty cool cleaning out random junk to make room for more terrain.

Old February 5th, 2018, 07:40 PM
Prickly Cactus

@TREX

Wow! You certainly have a lot of cool stuff on the docket. Sounds like you have some cool scatter.

I would probably make a wrecked large ship. Though I suppose either way would work, because it could either just be eye candy on the table, or you could have a scenario where there could be treasure on it that would be contentious. A wrecked ship could be way out in the water or washed up onto shore. Healthy ship could be anchored out in the water off shore, or tied to a dock. Either way would give you options, so I guess I'd go with whatever scenarios would be more attractive to you and how much work you want to put into it.

Regarding the Star Wars Frostgrave, I figured that one guy has a lot of stuff going on with his rules, but something could be useful. I'm kind of lazy when it comes to variants like that. I'm pretty much a straight by the book type player. Though I did create those TWD characters of my family, but that doesn't change the rules. Creating scenarios is pretty much where I do indulge to be creative.

Old February 5th, 2018, 09:27 PM
"like" happy

Thanks for the suggestions on the ship ideas. I think I will go for a shipwreck approach. That may be a more fun approach and it can be in pieces out in the water. Ive also learned with game variants on games you love is for the most part less is more. Keeping frostgrave as is and adding more spells for the force users keeps it frostgrave and just adds an extra two wizard types. As for adding a couple of extra soldier and item types, every addon book that has came out has done that as well. Also custom scenarios should be fun too.

Old February 5th, 2018, 09:39 PM
Prickly Cactus

All that makes sense Trex.

I know you've seen these pix on FB, but figured that I can't abandon sharing here in case others pop in on occasion

It's been slow going, with some other distractions. But I have gotten a little bit done from the scenery booster for The Walking Dead All Out War. Still working on one of the two trucks and will have the two vehicles left to do, 4 more barricades (of 2 different types than the ones pictured, and 10 plastic supply tokens.

The green sign on the one barricade says "Eating and drinking here". I got that from my Emma's Diner kit, as well as the "Closed" sign, and have several more left over. But I thought in a zombie game, it would be fun to advertise that there is Eating there.

Old February 9th, 2018, 03:52 PM
Prickly Cactus

I finished a couple more barricades from The Walking Dead All Out War scenery set, as well as a couple more scatter terrain pieces from the Guild Ball Masons and Brewers terrain set.

For the fence barricades, on the backside, I painted some green on the top of the crates and back of fence where it meets the crates, as to be mildew from the damp shaded area. I also threw in some heavy grit into the open top crates and painted them to look rocks, as I figure people would throw rocks or whatever in there to add weight to support the fence.

The crates and barrel scatter pieces were fun little pieces to paint.

Both the TWD barricades and Guild Ball scatter pieces will be nice to use for several games systems, including TWD, Guild Ball, Frostgrave and Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago.

Yesterday I received my 3x3 neoprene game mat for Guild Ball. I had previously had the board game type board sections that came with the Masons/Brewers Kickoff 2 player starter set. It was nice and such, but it was kind of slick like a board would be, allowing figures to move a little easily and the measuring gauges slip when trying to walk them. My friend Chris gave me heads up last week that Miniature Market was having a deal of the day for them, at only $20, when their normal discounted price is over $50. So that was a no brainer for me. I added a few more jersey barrier terrain pieces and another stone wall section, since I was paying the $5.99 shipping anyway for the mat.

I included a few of the Guild Ball terrain pieces in the picture that I got painted so far. I have several more to do yet.

Old February 9th, 2018, 08:03 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

That is some nice looking stuff @Hahma . That car from TWD terrain turned out really nice.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old February 9th, 2018, 08:06 PM
"like" happy

Looking sweet hahma. My weekend started and man on man its time to craft. I should have time to post lots of stuff too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures