Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old August 3rd, 2019, 04:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Poll: Favorite C3G Design by LD: A3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Shocker
Red Tornado
Toxic Waste Barrel

Color me surprised!
Old August 3rd, 2019, 04:45 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Wonder Woman, Shocker, Weather Wizard, Red Tornado and Starro are all on my list but that's only because I've never played any of the Legion yet as I didn't really know them until here. I've been putting together the poker cards and recently hit the Legion and I have to say I do like the simple two power cards here. The next time I go on a mini purchasing spree I may have to jump in on those teams as they seem like great units that play well together without being super difficult.

Red Tornado will probably have to be on my list for sentimental reasons. For my birthday one year my son (probably 6 at the time) convinced my wife to get me some figures. She didn't understand that shipping matters here so she actually paid more for shipping than she did for all the figures she got. But Red Tornado was the center piece along with a single Hydra soldier and a single Skrull. She had no clue and he was too young to understand that you need multiples. He just knew which figures.

Weather Wizard - He's by far the most useful of the Rogues. He fits in a lot of places as well.

Map: Ruins of Heroes Past - I don't know why but I really like this map.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 3rd, 2019, 04:48 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Chronos
Brainiac 5

Two of my favorite units and by association,

Glyph of Temporal Displacement

Having inspired multiple of my own designs.
Old August 3rd, 2019, 06:01 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Billy Batson - Captain Marvel is great, but Billy is what makes the design unique and really fun. I just love the whole mechanic, it has a huge upside when saying "Shazam" but you pay for it.

Wonder Woman - It's a classic design that perfectly represents her. The lasso and the bracelets nail the theme and she's a powerhouse.

Helicarrier Map - I'm a sucker for super thematic looking maps. This and Mogo are two that really stand out in the C3G map department.

Close contenders are Aquaman I, Weather Wizard, Captain Boomerang, and Starro. Lots of great designs in this list!
Old August 3rd, 2019, 06:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good call on the Helicarrier Map!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 4th, 2019, 12:34 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Wonder Woman I - Always a solid draft that can be an answer to a lot of tricky units, and a unit the opponent can’t sleep on.

Aquaman I - Anytime he’s on water he’s really fun and quite useful.

Temporal Displacement - A nice way to control the battlefield.

Honorable Mentions:
Malice - Really cool design that can be quite deadly.
Captain Marvel - Solid stats and some nice minor abilities.
Red Tornado - Fun for battlefield control.
Old August 4th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Poll: Favorite C3G Design by LD: Johnny139

Figures:
Black Adam and Shocker.

Non-Figures:
Glyph of Temporal Displacement

Some really tough choices here, but I think these are tops for me. Wonder Woman and Red Hood are also cards I really like.

I'm not as familiar with the maps as I probably should be...
Old August 4th, 2019, 06:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Starting to see a few leaders emerge here, but still lots of time for someone else to pop up out of nowhere. I'll have to give Shocker another spin one of these days, he's got 2 votes now but I don't think I've used him very often. Also just wanted to make sure @A3n was aware that he current focus of the thread. You can of course vote in your own poll, interested to see what he's most proud of.
Old August 5th, 2019, 12:09 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Cool, thanx for the nod Johnny.

Wonder Woman: Wonder Woman was my first C3G design. Before I joined C3G I was happy doing my own designs & I put a lot of effort in coming up with thematic powers for the characters. But with WW being a C3G design I knew I had to tighten up the mechanics & so when I wrote the initial design for WW she was a fairly basic bruiser. But Griffin just wasn't happy with the Lasso & in his words, "Lasso of truth just needs a lot more cowbell.". You know what, I was a little annoyed with that comment & thought fine I'll give it a cowbell! So I put some of my old style into the power to get what we have today. And so from a mechanics point of view it is probably one of my favourite cards as it was my first mechanics that pushed the current norm for me.

Phantom Girl: I have enjoyed coming up with the "different" mechanics that stretch the standard powers. Some of them have even become standards themselves or at least templates for other powers, Acrobatic Maneuver & Heat Vision are good examples. But to choose a second favourite design is hard. But I think my pick though is Phantom Girl. She is just a lot of fun. To be able to drag your opponents figures around & pass through things to cause the figure a wound is so satisfying.

But I am very proud of the Legionnaires as a whole. If you don't know anything about the Legionnaires, know that they have an extremely large roster of heroes. And from that roster only a handful of heroes are sent out at a time & they are selected for each mission based on what is believed to be required skills or powers to achieve the mission objective. They are what I call a toolbox team, "the right tool for the right job". So my objective in their design is that each hero is simple to understand how to use, play & fit within the team you are putting together. Unlike a lot of other C3G "teams" their synergy isn't their strength but the composition of which you choose is the goal. With a couple of units that will bring them together as a team. I believe I have a strong template for the rest of the roster to be completed by others (like Nobody) that enjoy them as I do.

Corner High Rise: As for the other designs, Temporal Displacement & the template for the temporal powers is definitely high up there as a valued contribution to C3G. But I was am really pleased with the Corner High Rise map. From HS terrain only, to be able to create the facade of multi-level building & have it look like its intent was, I believe, an accomplishment. There are a couple of other DIY Terrain pieces that I designed that haven't yet been released. That I am really pleased with also
Spoiler Alert!
but you will have to wait for them.

One other contribution that I am proud of, that isn't quite part of this list, is the card design & layout of the spell cards (front & back). I really liked how they turned out.
Old August 5th, 2019, 01:32 PM
C3G Landlord

That was a great post A3n! I really love hearing the story about how WW came to be and your explanation for the goal of the Legionnaires team dynamic. Also, thanks for bringing up the spell cards. I was only really pushing for them to be poker card sized instead of the same shape as character, glyph, & DO cards. As a result a whole new template had to be created, and they did turn out fantastic.
Old August 6th, 2019, 08:57 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I was mulling over my decisions and trying to corroborate my thought process and A3N's post was the confirmation I needed.
Wonder Woman - He nailed it, just nailed it. Nothing else to say.
Supergirl - If you go back and look at the "Thread that started it all" you will see that I was a bystander for much of that process. I was just a know it all geek with an unhealthy amount of comic books. But I debated back and forth about the need for a Heat Vision power on Superman I's card. So many reasons were given, but ultimately I think it came down to this - no one had a good idea for a unique implementation. Fast forward a few years and the Designs are now being done behind closed doors, because C3G now had a sanctum. This guy who was a Godsend to the Art Department is slowly making a name for himself as a designer too. Then he posts his idea for Heat Vision on Supergirl. It was perfect. It feels like the warm-hearted Kryptonians that would not intentionally hurt an innocent while also having the power of a Kryptonian. It just so brilliantly captured a mechanic we had been looking for since the start. Also, I think it brilliantly represents the innovative mechanics that A3N introduced to C3G, most of which he himself named.

Lastly, my final vote has to be for his work on the templates. Every C3G player owes a debt to A3N, he put a lot of work in to make our template the best it could be. He designed the logo and most of the little tricks our artists use on a regular basis. I think those cards draw eyes and for the most part we owe that to A3N and his eye for perfection and improvement over his years of service. Thanks!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 6th, 2019, 09:48 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Great point. When the spell cards came up I struggled with a design and couldn't come up with anything. It was like a day later he popped up with essentially what we use. All I did was cleaned up a Photoshop file. The rest was his vision and execution...#gifted.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy