Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 19th, 2014, 07:56 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Battlefields of Valhalla Discussion Thread

Congratulations to @Typhon2222 , this one looks fun. How many of your maps have been inducted now?
Old August 19th, 2014, 09:17 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Congratulations to @Typhon2222 , this one looks fun. How many of your maps have been inducted now?
I think a total of two (Stygian Rift & Dance of the Dryads).
Old August 19th, 2014, 10:27 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Quote:
I don't know how @Ninja Status knew that off the top of his head.
Old August 19th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Looks like I should bring DotD to the next local tourney then...

We expect you there on September 6th, @Typhon2222 .

Last edited by MegaSilver; August 19th, 2014 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Speaking of which, I need to get the OP updated...
Old August 20th, 2014, 03:50 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how @Ninja Status knew that off the top of his head.
You mean, besides the fact that they are two of the top BftU/VW maps out there?

@rudyvalentine was the one who asked for the map to be reviewed by the BoV and rightfully so, that tournament was a fun one and quite a few people got to play on the map (including myself) and enjoyed it. Certainly a deserving additional to the Battlefields of Valhalla.

~HS2010, congratulating @Typhon2222 on another great map induction. :cheers:
Old August 20th, 2014, 09:28 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Congratulations @Typhon2222!!! I really enjoy this map and it was fun to watch the evolution. So many choices and options with road, shadow, height, and heat. Very fun board and I'm so excited it's finally inducted!!!
Old August 20th, 2014, 11:11 PM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

@heroscaper2010 , thanks for the kind words. And @rudyvalentine , for the initial nomination -- and for all the feedback and constructive criticism you provided on the map before that. This baby is partly yours.

When it comes time to adding it to the roster, I wonder if I could ask the judges to post this image and PDF of the map instead? (Same map, just a prettier pic.)

Dance of the Dryads Download PDF
Uses: 1 BftU, 1 RttFF, 1 VW

Old August 22nd, 2014, 02:53 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Thanks, Typhon. We'll make it official and add it (in the form you request here) to the roster soon. Congrats!
Old August 22nd, 2014, 03:19 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Quote:
I would like to nominate my map, Through the Godswood for BoV consideration.

Terrain Requirements: 1 RotV, 1 RttFF

This map has been tested thoroughly, it has gone through numerous edits and IMO, shows promise. So, I though I'd ask the BoV to have a look at it. I appreciate any feedback given.

~NS

Maybe it was a bad time to post this right when DotD was inducted...

Last edited by Ninja Status; August 22nd, 2014 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Sorry if this post is unneeded...
Old September 4th, 2014, 02:33 PM

Any chance of getting Dance of the Dryads added to the roster, worthy ones?

Last edited by Typhon2222; September 5th, 2014 at 12:04 AM.
Old September 4th, 2014, 08:46 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I would like to nominate my map, Through the Godswood for BoV consideration.

Terrain Requirements: 1 RotV, 1 RttFF

This map has been tested thoroughly, it has gone through numerous edits and IMO, shows promise. So, I though I'd ask the BoV to have a look at it. I appreciate any feedback given.

~NS
Thanks for the nomination, Ninja Status. I appreciate the many people who take the time to make and share maps. Fun stuff.

At a glance, this looks a bit range-dominant. It also doesn't strike me as offering a lot of unique play, though I could well be mistaken. (I didn't think Dance of the Dryads looked that interesting, and decided I was wrong after testing it.) I like the glyph placement and general aesthetics of the map. Seems the road bonus would not happen often (nearly always better to grab some height).

I am sure I could have fun playing on it, but I am not seeing a compelling reason to review for BoV. If this ever gets use at a tournament or something, I'd be interested to hear any feedback it gets, but for now I vote No to review.

Last edited by fomox; September 4th, 2014 at 11:34 PM.
Old September 5th, 2014, 08:28 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Maps pending acceptance for review:

Through the Godswood by Ninja Status

It's tough to effectively block enough line of sight with a single RttFF set. This map is a little too open for my taste and the perches dominate the glyphs. I think this one is a little too favorable for ranged armies. I vote NO to review.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios