Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 1st, 2010, 12:40 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Ogre Warhulk Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Yeah - he answered that question on the previous page.

So, to summarize: Every turn, the Ogre must roll the D20 for Flail Hurricane. If he gets an 11 or higher, he must immediately attack everything adjacent to him, if possible, regardless of if there are any enemy figures or not.

These attacks are considered normal attacks.

If a figure with the Combat Challenge power is adjacent to him, he must attack that figure first. If that figure is killed by that attack, the Ogre must attack every other figure. If that figure is not killed, the Ogre's attack ends.

If a figure Scatters, Scurries or otherwise moves away from an Ogre Warhulk after it's first attack against a different figure, the Ogre cannot attack that figure.

If the Ogre is killed by Counterstrike before attacking all adjacent figures, the remaining figures are not attacked.
I have drafted the Book of the Ogre Warhulk and sent it to Rev. When I am ready to post it, the above post is going to be very helpful in creating the Clarifications section. Thank you, kc, gb, and everyone else who had a role in answering these questions.

~Spite
It might be worth adding that the Warhulk needs to destroy all the figures it's engaged with (meaning all the enemy figures) to be allowed to attack the friendlies. Considering there was so much confusion on this with Tandros's cleave I think it's worth pointing out.
I don't understand this. Tandros is one thing. But if he is surrounded by three friendly Knights of Weston and three enemy Marro Drones, why can't he attack the Marro, even if he whiffs against the Knights?

Old July 1st, 2010, 12:51 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So, to summarize: Every turn, the Ogre must roll the D20 for Flail Hurricane. If he gets an 11 or higher, he must immediately attack everything adjacent to him, if possible, regardless of if there are any enemy figures or not.

If a figure with the Combat Challenge power is adjacent to him, he must attack that figure first. If that figure is killed by that attack, the Ogre must attack every other figure. If that figure is not killed, the Ogre's attack ends.

If a figure Scatters, Scurries or otherwise moves away from an Ogre Warhulk after it's first attack against a different figure, the Ogre cannot attack that figure.

If the Ogre is killed by Counterstrike before attacking all adjacent figures, the remaining figures are not attacked.
I have drafted the Book of the Ogre Warhulk and sent it to Rev. When I am ready to post it, the above post is going to be very helpful in creating the Clarifications section. Thank you, kc, gb, and everyone else who had a role in answering these questions.

~Spite
It might be worth adding that the Warhulk needs to destroy all the figures it's engaged with (meaning all the enemy figures) to be allowed to attack the friendlies. Considering there was so much confusion on this with Tandros's cleave I think it's worth pointing out.
I don't understand this. Tandros is one thing. But if he is surrounded by three friendly Knights of Weston and three enemy Marro Drones, why can't he attack the Marro, even if he whiffs against the Knights?
He's only engaged with the enemy figures. So by rule he must attack the figures he's engaged with. If he does not destroy them all the friendly knights are safe because the Warhulk is engaged and cannot legally attack them.

edit: I was refering to the people trying to cleave through there own units to auto-wound high defense enemy figures, which doesn't work for the same reason.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:53 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

~Spite
I think he attacks everything adjacent to him if possible (ie, he doesn't die, Tandros isn't next to him, figures don't scatter/scurry away)

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:55 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I think he attacks everything adjacent to him if possible (ie, he doesn't die, Tandros isn't next to him, figures don't scatter/scurry away)
That's how I see it too.
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:58 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I assume you are referring to the rule in the rule book that states the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by page 12 BftU
Engaged figures: If one of you figures is engaged with one or more other figures, your figure may attack only those figures.
To that, I refer you to this rule, also in the rule book:
Quote:
Originally Posted by page 6 BftU, Card picture; Example 1
Special Power(s): Most figures have special powers that allow them to "break the rules" when moving, attacking, and defending.
Basically, the card trumps the rulebook aka Heroscape 101.

The reason that doesn't work for Cleave and Tandros is because the Cleave special power make no reference to breaking the rule I quoted from Page 12. Flail Hurricane specifically addresses that rule with its dialogue and breaks it.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by Rÿchean; July 1st, 2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:03 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
Quote:
I assume you are referring to the rule in the rule book that states the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by page 12 BftU
Engaged figures: If one of you figures is engaged with one or more other figures, your figure may attack only those figures.
To that, I refer you to this rule, also in the rule book:
Quote:
Originally Posted by page 6 BftU, Card picture; Example 1
Special Power(s): Most figures have special powers that allow them to "break the rules" when moving, attacking, and defending.
Basically, the card trumps the rulebook aka Heroscape 101.
Doesn't the "if possble" clause imply that rule is still in effect? It's not possable to attack friendly figures because he is engaged.

Old July 1st, 2010, 01:03 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Interesting figure. By first glance I would consider him much more viable in a drafting situation than a blind draft situation. I am willing to be proven wrong, but first impression is that he is not a good value in a blind draft meta-game type tourney.
Very nice looking figure.

Too bad one of his 'powers' is a disadvantage. I wish that 'Mine' had some sort of incentive behind it. LIke a +2 move if he ends his move on a glyph, or a chance to knock a treasure glyph off of an opponent if he inflict wounds. As it is the 'greedy' ogre will not be used as a glyph grabber at all, which is somewhat counter thematic.

At 150 points he is in the same class as:
Major Q10
Cyprien
Dupius
(Did I miss anyone?)

I would rank him third or second on that list. Leaning more towards third.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:05 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post

At 150 points he is in the same class as:
Major Q10
Cyprien
Dupius
(Did I miss anyone?)

I would rank him third or second on that list. Leaning more towards third.
Ulginesh and Mimring.

I'd rank him third behind Q10 and Cyprien.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:06 PM

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Doesn't the "if possble" clause imply that rule is still in effect? It's not possable to attack friendly figures because he is engaged.
NO, card trumps rule book. The text within a special power does not subsequently reestablish the rule it is breaking. The reason for the "if possible' have been explained in this thread and having the rule book trump the power is not one of the reasons.

Last edited by Rÿchean; July 1st, 2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:11 PM
Gets It!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
Quote:
NO, card trumps rule book. The text within a special power does not subsequently reestablish the rule it is breaking.
So then the "if posible" clause doesn't cover anything other than Tandros taunt?

Old July 1st, 2010, 01:14 PM

ranoobu is surprisingly tart

Quote:

So then the "if posible" clause doesn't cover anything other than Tandros taunt?
That would make sense since both are specials so they both would overrule the rule book and would open the way for other figures with that type of special in the future.

Aeston's Before Heroscape - An interesting read for any Heroscape fan. I loved the final conclusion to the post as well lol

Good trades: SirGalahad
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
No, as I and others have pointed out there are a variety of reasons the "if possible" is included. (counterstrike, scatter, scurry, etc..)

Last edited by Rÿchean; July 1st, 2010 at 01:23 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units