Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 21st, 2008, 03:01 AM

NFCfan has disabled reputation
Hydra Custom

I would like any feedback. Hydra should do well against squads but could go down in one attack with a bad roll. I would make a card but lack the ability so far to

Stats

Life-3
Movement-6
Range-1
Attack-6
Defense-6

Cost-200

Hydra
Unique Hero
Mythological Creature
Wild
Huge 10

Special Abilities

HEAD REGROWTH:

Hydra can only be destroyed by taking 3 wounds in one attack. Any other damage has no effect

MULTI HEAD ATTACK:

Special Attack 4- Hydra can attack all adjacent figures. Roll separately for each figure

POISON BLOOD:

Any time an adjcaent figure using a normal attack rolls atleast one skull when attacking Hydra roll the D20, on a 17 or higher that figure takes a wound

[/img]
Old January 21st, 2008, 09:30 AM

Carefree Games Woo who?
Now I want one of those. It'd be great for plowing through squads.
Old January 21st, 2008, 01:35 PM

Hades has disabled reputation
Quote:
HEAD REGROWTH:

Hydra can only be destroyed by taking 3 wounds in one attack. Any other damage has no effect
If I read this right only way to kill him is 3 wounds in one attack, anything less doesn't hurt him. If that is the case then should drop life down to 3 instead of 6.

I think might be better if drop the 3 wounds to kill and keep the 6 life and just let 1 head grow back per turn or order markers on the card.

Do you have a figure for this? Would love to have one for myself.
Old January 21st, 2008, 02:21 PM

Sev_ has disabled reputation
Rough Sample.

Head Regrowth Special Power:
At the beginning of the game, Hydra starts with 6 Head Tokens on the card. For every wound the Hydra takes, remove 1 Head Token. For every order maker placed on the Hydra, add 1 Head Token to the card.

Just a thought, I can't wait to see the finished product.
Old January 21st, 2008, 05:16 PM

The reason I went with the head regrowth as I did was to attempt to simulate the idea of basically having to kill the hydra all at once otherwise it just regrows itself. Plus this way I think it really could help to balance the power of squads since it would be hard for most squads to deal that much damage in 1 attack although it is not impossible.

I'm still debating which faction I would want to put it in
Old January 22nd, 2008, 09:49 AM

eScape Artist has disabled reputation
I think you should drop it 10-15 points and change the Head Regrowth to something along the lines of:

At the end of each round, remove all wounds from Hydra.

This makes it a little easier to kill, but it's still basically the same.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 10:15 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Love the concept... nice job.

For wording purposes you could just give the Hydra 2 wounds but on his card say that only attacks of 3+ skulls will inflict a wound (at least 3 unblocked that is).

Though then you do run into what happend is someone rolls 6 skulls and you block none of them? Is he dead?
Old January 30th, 2008, 10:34 PM

thanx i will have to playtest to see how accurate my initial price is
Old January 31st, 2008, 01:19 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Yeah, test it out. 3 life might be weak if you roll no shields for defense particularly for 200 points. I'm betting it'll be as bad as a Deathwalker on some occasions and go down like a wuss.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 31st, 2008, 01:31 AM

maybe... then again with 6 defense it might prove quite tough to get those 3 wounds
Old January 31st, 2008, 12:52 PM

Hades has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by eScape Artist
I think you should drop it 10-15 points and change the Head Regrowth to something along the lines of:

At the end of each round, remove all wounds from Hydra.

This makes it a little easier to kill, but it's still basically the same.
I like this idea! I agree it keeps to the theme you was going for but makes it hard for a aingle squad member to kill him.
Old January 31st, 2008, 03:32 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I have always been a fan of Hydra customs. There are so many ways to illustrate it's regrowth. I made this card a long time ago and I know there are things that can be fixed up on.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards