Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old November 26th, 2019, 06:44 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Yesterday played the last two scenarios of the new small Quartermaster's expansion for Red Alert: Space Fleet Warfare. These are linked, and use larger fleets than usual, since the units surviving with at least two ships get to come back into the second battle! With several victory conditions active at once, we had some close and exciting games. They used the two new unit types as well.

Then we did another earlier scenario, and it ended 22-20! Good times.
Old November 26th, 2019, 09:59 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Oops! I accidentally posted in the wrong thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I was very lucky yesterday to get a chance to spend a couple of hours with @gurei ornery. He showed me Too Many Bones, which I *loved*. I would happily play again, and maybe I'll remember enough that it'll go faster.
TMB looks super cool. I'm at the point where I have too many games (Especially heavier ones like TMB is), otherwise I'd seriously consider checking it out. Seen a few reviews that make it look really nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It's really unlike anything else I've played. It's basically a very crunchy, heavily tactical, coop skirmish game. The genre is one I'll call "whimsical fantasy," and you level and equip the heroes as the game progresses, building up their stats, abilities, and goodies by adding various dice to the pool you get to roll on your turn. G-O said that once you're over the learning curve hump, you should be playing games in 90 minutes or so. It plays up to 4, but my guess is that it shines at 2-3. Or definitely solo, if that's your thing.

It's something like Descent 2.0 meets the LotR LCG meets Quarriors. I know G-O has played the absolute heck out of it, in the few months he's had it. If this sounds interesting to you, I do recommend it. Solo players might especially enjoy it.
Thanks, @Gurei-Ornery !

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 26th, 2019, 10:06 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I love TMB.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old November 26th, 2019, 10:28 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
I love TMB.
I'm not surprised. Like I said, it reminds me of the LotR LCG, which I know you also like. It's a great game for you, because you also play solo.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 26th, 2019, 11:04 PM

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Gasket is my favorite. Though I really do enjoy most of them. My son loves Ghillie.

Old November 27th, 2019, 11:37 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Gasket is my favorite. Though I really do enjoy most of them. My son loves Ghillie.
I was playing Gasket for the first time with @Dad_Scaper . It is one of my favorites also, now. Stanza, the bard, was my favorite before playing Gasket. In the future, I will not try and learn a new character while trying to teach someone this game. Your character really requires most of your attention to develop properly. Love it 1-3 players. I am with D_S in thinking 4 might be pushing it, but if everyone had a solid grasp of their character, it might be fine with 4.

Glad we could get together D_S.
Old November 27th, 2019, 12:20 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, I really enjoyed my plays of TMB at GC 2018 with Ken and Co. The only thing that’s kept me away from purchasing is the price (I’m a sucker for expansions, and this game has a lot of them).
Old November 27th, 2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
I was playing Gasket for the first time with @Dad_Scaper . It is one of my favorites also, now. Stanza, the bard, was my favorite before playing Gasket. In the future, I will not try and learn a new character while trying to teach someone this game. Your character really requires most of your attention to develop properly. Love it 1-3 players. I am with D_S in thinking 4 might be pushing it, but if everyone had a solid grasp of their character, it might be fine with 4.

Glad we could get together D_S.
Yeah there’s a lot with this game but Chip Theory does a good job with all their player aids.

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; November 27th, 2019 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Chip Theory has a done a great job with their 3 big games.
Old December 1st, 2019, 08:13 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Had a great six player game of the brand new Star Trek Ascendancy expansions of the Vulcans and Andorians, including Taeblewalker and Sherman Davies. It went 6 1/2 hours, which saw the rise and fall of many empires. I was in a four fleet battle with two Cardassians vs me (Klingon) and my Andorian ally. Finally, although we watched him very carefully, the Vulcan fought a battle and came within one die pip of winning; then he put it away with another battle. We had set the two new factions in the middle of the large table, so we could have maximum interaction with them both.

All six of us were experienced, and enjoyed the possibilities of the game system, win or lose. I may run it again next week, with different players, and again using the two new races!
Old December 1st, 2019, 09:02 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I haven't regular board games in awhile, just miniatures games, DnD and Marvel Champions living card game. But on Black Friday, I gamed with my old gaming group for a few hours.

I played one that I can't recall the name of, but it was a train game that had elements of Carcassonne, because you lay tiles to expand the play area. Other than that, it's a pick up and deliver game with your train piece picking up a colored cube and needing to deliver it to a corresponding colored town. Fun little game.

The next one was a really cool game called Paladins of the West Kingdom. It's a wonderful worker placement game.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...s-west-kingdom

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; December 1st, 2019 at 10:18 PM.
Old December 1st, 2019, 10:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

A group of 4 of us started up a new DND 5th edition campaign a few months ago (I'm the DM, and I'm running a Half-Orc Monk as a member of the group). Spent most of Black Friday playing that and eating pizza. It was a pretty great gaming session.

First a Slaver Capt. we had previously defeated, but escaped, returned in an attempt to ambush us. We were able to turn the tables on him and defeat him for good this time. Then we tracked down and captured an operative of a conspiracy we had uncovered, managed to turn her into a double agent so progress was made on the main story line.

An Owlbear was terrorizing the patrons of a local roadside Inn, so we hunted it down and killed it. The Inn owner is going to have the corpse stuffed and placed on display in the Inn's eating room! Then we helped reopen a long closed mine by liberating it from a group of Giant Spiders, Kobolds, and a Black Wrymling! We found a mysterious ancient structure at the bottom of the mine that we'll need to check out next, but that had to wait until the next gaming session. Hopefully I don't kill the group off on accident, I fear I may have made it too dangerous for our groups player level.
Old December 1st, 2019, 10:20 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Sounds like fun @Yodaking

How do you run a character while also DMing?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games