Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 2nd, 2015, 11:24 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers (MARS) Event Thread

Dear -
@tom ; @Arcus ; @mad_wookiee ; @spidysox ; @peteparkerh ; @fallow ; @grunttactics ; @DragonSlayer2 ; @jbbnbsmith ; @Northgate ; @TheEpicLlama ; @TheEpicAlpaca ; @Big Boa ; @King of Blanks ; @buellsmith ; @Scooter72 ; @owvanguard ; @major/flint; @Azalyth ; @manofwar ; @clancampbell ; @Dad_Scaper ; @chas ; @Taeblewalker ; @Grishnakh ; @Sherman Davies ; @hose ; @PeasantDave ; @Einar's puppy ; @NightSwipe ; etc.

I just got confirmation that the "Exit 105 Gamers" Guild on Board-Game-Geek that I am a founding member of is definitely holding an ALL DAY Gaming Event on Saturday October 3rd, 2015. About a dozen of them meet every Tuesday evening (6 - 10 pm) in the classroom of a local church not far from where I used to live near Exit #105 (Eatontown) of the Garden State Parkway. And once a quarter, they intend to hold an all day event that's open to the entire community.

Since their location is now almost 100 miles from my retirement home, I only try to make it on a Tuesday about once a month with secondary reasons for making the trip. Anyway, I have mentioned HeroScape so many times when I'm there playing other games, that they encouraged me to bring my HeroScape stuff and set up sort of an on-going demo. My feelings are that IF I can get some other HeroScapeRs to show up, THEN it can become an impromptu mini tournament.

Let me know if any of you reading this are available and can make a trip to Monmouth County that day (10/03/15). I will be bringing four maps, ten "armies" of figures, and all the necessary dice, cards, and tokens for eight players. All you need to do is show up ...or... you could bring your own 500 point army and volunteer to provide an additional map if necessary.

I am also planning to bring the new "Magic: The Gathering - Arena of the Planeswalker" game for anyone that wants to see the PW's in action on a standard HeroScape Maps with/or without additional "summoned" squads.

WHO - everyone is welcome to participate ( Johngee + ? ).
WHAT - an impromptu HS tourney during The FALL Day of Gaming.
WHEN - from 1:00 pm until aprx. 10:00 pm, Saturday October 3rd, 2015.
WHERE - this event is being held at Park Church, #31 Park Road, Tinton Falls, NJ ( just 1/2 mile from GSP Exit #105, 1/10th mile behind the Applebee's on Hope Road).
FORMAT - A simple "Kill 'em all A.S.A.P." I'm planning to run 45 minute sessions and allow partial card scoring, thus awarding points for every figure eliminated or wound inflicted upon your opponent's army. Each player's Army can have no more than 500 points worth of classic HS figures and official C3V figures and occupy no more than 24 hexes in the Start Zone. NO Marvel, Dark Horse, or DC super-hero characters are permitted... see below for the changes to the format.
COST - FREE! However, at the previous event the admin's asked participants to make a small monetary donation to a worthy cause (A.R.C.) and chip in some cash toward the pizza that was ordered. And if you expect to see a prize table, you'll have to bring something for that as well.
WHY - Because you know you LOVE playing 'Scape, but haven't in a while, and need a 'fix' in October to satisfy your inner passion.

I hope to see you there or at least hear from you soon. Have A Nic e Day; - )
~johnG

P.S. I have decided to change the format on Sept. 13, 2015 as follows . . .
NEW FORMAT for the October 3rd Event in Tinton Falls, NJ
Each participant should bring FIVE (5x) 400 Point Armies to be able to play five games and NOT use the same army twice. Each player will use a different 400 point Army for each game that they play. This is just in case anyone needs to play the same opponent more than once to complete five games. Armies may consist of any Classic Hasbro HS units, WotC D&D-'scape units, and published C3V units, with a maximum of ONLY TWO (2x) of the same Common or Uncommon units in any Army. NO Marvel 'Scape or C3G Superheroes will be permitted. However, proxy figures for standard HS Stat Cards will be allowed (and encouraged in order to demonstrate the dynamic potential of this game system to the newbies). I will be bringing five BoV maps and providing ten 400 pt. Armies, so you can use my armies, if you choose or bring your own 2,000 pts. worth of characters. Opponents will be as randomly selected as possible with no Swiss-Style Pairing. There will be partial card scoring with each player receiving points for their opponent's figures that they wound and/or eliminate. The points for each game will be accumulated into a final total for the five best games to determine the Tournament Winner. I will have a trophy for the highest scoring player and some prize support (maybe cookies) for the participants to select from with the highest scoring person ("the winner") getting first pick of what's been donated, 2nd place gets 2nd pick, etc.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; September 14th, 2015 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Added contact list & changed Format
Old September 3rd, 2015, 05:59 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers (MARS) Event Thread

Wow, a Johngee run tournament! Sounds like a blast but I will unfortunately be away that weekend. Hope you get a ton of new Scapers signed up and that I can make it out next time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events