Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

View Poll Results: Do these cards look and feel right
Right on 14 70.00%
ehh, maybe 6 30.00%
Don't quit your day job 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 26th, 2018, 11:48 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Trex's customs:Ratchet and Clank & Squatches 11/25/18

Ratchet and Clank is one of my favorite series, so it's awesome to see someone tackling their universe. They're hard to judge without any of their equipment (which is very much in line with each of the games), so I look forward to seeing what gadgets and tools you come up with.

One minor quibble that I do have, though, is the use of partial scoring. I'm not sure what kind of scoring you intend to be used, but my games generally don't round the points evenly, which could get really messy to add up and subtract all of the time. Perhaps specifying to round to the nearest 5 points (or even that he can only get points after clearing out an entire squad) could keep things neater. Alternatively, you could use Bolt markers for every 25 points or so, with each gadget requiring the player to remove a certain number of markers to purchase. That's a bit of a different direction, though it would probably require less math from the players each round.
Old November 26th, 2018, 11:54 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Ratchet and Clank is one of my favorite series, so it's awesome to see someone tackling their universe. They're hard to judge without any of their equipment (which is very much in line with each of the games), so I look forward to seeing what gadgets and tools you come up with.

One minor quibble that I do have, though, is the use of partial scoring. I'm not sure what kind of scoring you intend to be used, but my games generally don't round the points evenly, which could get really messy to add up and subtract all of the time. Perhaps specifying to round to the nearest 5 points (or even that he can only get points after clearing out an entire squad) could keep things neater. Alternatively, you could use Bolt markers for every 25 points or so, with each gadget requiring the player to remove a certain number of markers to purchase. That's a bit of a different direction, though it would probably require less math from the players each round.
Awesome. Im with you on the math type of deal and trying to simplify it. It kindof like bolt markers for X amount of points. I was hoping someone would chime in to help me improve it. Bottom line would be- kill enemies, earn new weapons and gear. Ill have to play with the wording some more and figure up how to spell it out. Thanks for the help.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 26th, 2018, 12:23 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Awesome. Im with you on the math type of deal and trying to simplify it. It kindof like bolt markers for X amount of points. I was hoping someone would chime in to help me improve it. Bottom line would be- kill enemies, earn new weapons and gear. Ill have to play with the wording some more and figure up how to spell it out. Thanks for the help.
No problem! I definitely think that with a simpler implementation, the kill -> get points -> buy stuff loop could be really interesting, and it helps keep Ratchet and Clank themselves "simple" and affordable.

I'll probably chime in on any gadgets, too, although my memory is fuzzier on the ones from the original trilogy than with the Future trilogy. Some of the older weapons have blurred together at this point for me, sadly.
Old November 26th, 2018, 05:16 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
No problem! I definitely think that with a simpler implementation, the kill -> get points -> buy stuff loop could be really interesting, and it helps keep Ratchet and Clank themselves "simple" and affordable.

I'll probably chime in on any gadgets, too, although my memory is fuzzier on the ones from the original trilogy than with the Future trilogy. Some of the older weapons have blurred together at this point for me, sadly.
That would be great. I remember quite a few of the weapons but there are a lot of weapons similar to others in all the games. Ill probably end up wiki ing what they are all called to refresh my memory. I know there will be one of the blaster types, rocket types, flamethrower types and a handful of others not to mention clanks different back pack types and maybe charge boots. So much fun stuff. Im going to do a nanotech upgrade and for sure a R.Y.N.O.

Old November 26th, 2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
That would be great. I remember quite a few of the weapons but there are a lot of weapons similar to others in all the games. Ill probably end up wiki ing what they are all called to refresh my memory. I know there will be one of the blaster types, rocket types, flamethrower types and a handful of others not to mention clanks different back pack types and maybe charge boots. So much fun stuff. Im going to do a nanotech upgrade and for sure a R.Y.N.O.
Sounds like a ton of fun. There are so many things to choose from in the series--even beyond the "generic" weapons, you have things like the Sonic Eruptor, Mr. Zurkon, or Spiral of Death--that it's a little crazy to think about. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Old November 27th, 2018, 11:28 AM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

As a fellow Ratchet and Clank fanatic (and fanatic is truly appropriate here... I own every single game minus Secret Agent Clank and Going Mobile), I love to see another attempt at bringing them to Valhalla.

My main concern is that Ratchet will have to get a number of kills quickly to Up his Arsenal, especially with 4 life and 3 defense. If there are nanotech upgrades, I don't want to have to keep buying those and end up getting bogged down.

Perhaps he should start with a ranged attack, since you do start pretty much every game with some sort of blaster and some sort of grenade. Maybe he could even start with those two weapons?

Regarding Clank, it looks like he's pretty much pointless until you have bought one of the upgrades for him, and since you have to buy upgrades to make Ratchet any good I can see Clank becoming a waste of points (20 is probably few enough points that that won't matter too much). He could start the game with his helipack, though. I'm assuming that they didn't get summoned to Valhalla until at least the end of the first game, anyway, so Clank should definitely be modded up a little.

I'm very curious to see what the vendor has to offer.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old November 27th, 2018, 01:11 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
As a fellow Ratchet and Clank fanatic (and fanatic is truly appropriate here... I own every single game minus Secret Agent Clank and Going Mobile), I love to see another attempt at bringing them to Valhalla.

My main concern is that Ratchet will have to get a number of kills quickly to Up his Arsenal, especially with 4 life and 3 defense. If there are nanotech upgrades, I don't want to have to keep buying those and end up getting bogged down.

Perhaps he should start with a ranged attack, since you do start pretty much every game with some sort of blaster and some sort of grenade. Maybe he could even start with those two weapons?

Regarding Clank, it looks like he's pretty much pointless until you have bought one of the upgrades for him, and since you have to buy upgrades to make Ratchet any good I can see Clank becoming a waste of points (20 is probably few enough points that that won't matter too much). He could start the game with his helipack, though. I'm assuming that they didn't get summoned to Valhalla until at least the end of the first game, anyway, so Clank should definitely be modded up a little.

I'm very curious to see what the vendor has to offer.
Thanks for the input Dr. G. Im really glad you guys are throwing ideas in here for Ratchet and clank. My brother said, he'll be cool if he can live long enough to use him. Those cards are my initial drafts and would love to build him to greatness with you guys help. I had an idea yesterday. What about simplifying the bolt system by giving him X amount of bolts for squad figures and X amount of bolts for heroes? I could also see him starting with a smaller ranged weapon even if you made it him throwing his wrench. It might be worth just putting clank on his back and making 1 card instead of 2. It might also help ratchets survivability if he had some kind of power that let him flip out of the way. With you guys feed back its set some improvements in my mind in motion. Ill have to make draft 2. When Im done I may have to 3d print some ratchet models for a give away.

Old November 27th, 2018, 05:54 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
My brother said, he'll be cool if he can live long enough to use him... It might also help ratchets survivability if he had some kind of power that let him flip out of the way.
I think a flip-out power would be a superb way to improve his sruvivability and thematicism drastically. Perhaps something along the lines of Disappearing Ninja:

If Ratchet is attacked with a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die to flip out. If you roll 1–14, roll defense dice normally. Add 1 to your roll for each space between Ratchet and the attacking figure. If you roll a 15 or higher, Ratchet takes no damage and instead may move 1 space, ignoring elevation up to 3 levels above his height. Ratchet never receives leaving engagement attacks when using Flip Out.

That adds a lot of text to the card, admittedly.

Quote:
I had an idea yesterday. What about simplifying the bolt system by giving him X amount of bolts for squad figures and X amount of bolts for heroes?
Honestly, I don't like this idea all that much. Mostly because it would lead me to think it would be something like 1 Bolt Marker per squad figure, and 3 per heroes, which would force the Gadgetron vendor to have a pretty lame pricing system.

Partial scoring could round up to the nearest 5, and each Bolt Marker could be worth 5 points, which would lead to him having lots of Bolt Markers on his card (a good thing for thematics, but probably a bit annoying in practice... Maybe make it 10 points per marker?).

Quote:
When Im done I may have to 3d print some ratchet models for a give away.
I swear this will not become the primary reason for my contribution.

Out of curiosity, do you have a picture of your 3d printing of Ratchet and/or a link to the model itself? I have enough friends with 3d printers (well, two to be exact) that I have thought of getting one of them to print a Ratchet before, but have rarely seen a 3d printed mini so wasn't sure how great it would turn out.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old November 27th, 2018, 06:10 PM
"like" happy

Good points on the bolt pricing. We will definitely have to play around with it to get it perfect. I do have one printed right now. He has the ryno 5 though. My one brother is going to slice one holding a wrench or something though. The file for what we have so far is on thingiverse. Ill have to revisit the details on the ratchet card later once im off work. I like the way of avoiding getting shot as well. Everyone that plays ratchet knows hes always flipping to the sides to avoid getting shot.

Old December 2nd, 2018, 12:34 AM
"like" happy

revised

Last edited by TREX; August 2nd, 2021 at 05:06 AM.
Old December 2nd, 2018, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Alrighty, had a chance to make a few adjustments using you guys intuitive feedback to old Ratchet and Clank. I'll throw out a call to arms to you guys @Astroking112 , and @Dr.Goomonkey , since you guys seem the most interested in these guys.
I went ahead with the corrections to the cards. I went with 1 more life on Ratchet and started his Going Commando flip ability at 14 plus any extra from ranged attacks. Also represented his blaster with his normal attack and added a 3rd ability that is reminiscent of agent carr with Ratchet's Omniwrench 8000. Bumped him up to 80pts so he's an even 100pts with ol clank. Gave clank the Helipack Upgrade to start with. I still need to make the Attachment Cards but I figured this was a good start. Let me know what you guys think.
It's great to see some updates!

I really like the changes overall, but 6 range feels like a bit much if it's supposed to be his normal wrench throw. I'd suggest cutting it down to 4, which also leaves you more room for designing weapons at longer ranges. He also has quite a bit of more survivability now, thanks to Going Commando and the extra life, so I think that he'd still be fine without the extra 2 spaces for his normal range.

I'm not a big fan of adding a Mohican-esque minimum-space-count to Going Commando. Personally, I think that it works just fine as being a normal "Vanish"-esque power that only moves 1 space, and I'm not sure that I buy reaction time being enough of an influencer to add the extra mechanic here.

Finally, this is less of a critique and more of a minor suggestion on how to word Up Your Arsenal:
Quote:
After destroying an opponent's figure with Ratchet, look at that figure's point cost. For every 10 points that the figure is worth (rounded to the nearest 10 points), you may place 1 Bolt Marker on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on Ratchet and before taking that turn, you may buy 1 or more Gadgetron or Megacorp Attachment Cards by removing an equal number of Bolt Markers from this card.
I'm not sure how much better this is, but it sounds a little more natural to me. It doesn't sound very HeroScape-y, but I'm not sure that there is a way to accomplish this power like that in any case, and it's fine for projects like these to develop their own lingo.

Quote:

I'm thinking of doing the weapons and gear by game, selecting the stuff that really stands out. There could be quite the arsenal when I'm done here. I'm going to start with the Original Game.
I'm just seeing it now, but currently Clank can use Ratchet's Side Kick at the start of any of your turns, including bonding ones. You could probably fix this by adding an "After revealing an Order Marker on <insert identifier here>..." clause to the start of the power.

Also, it feels a little weird for him to only be able to move 4 spaces with this power despite having 5 move. I think that these should both be the same number for consistency's sake.

Overall, I still like the direction that you're going in! I look forward to seeing what you come up with for the attachment cards.
Old December 2nd, 2018, 01:07 AM
"like" happy

I like it @Astroking112 . I was thinking that the regular normal attack range was for a blaster but cutting it down a little and making it just the wrench throw is better I think overall which allows there to be some blaster action in the attachment cards. I like your wording much more for the bolt spending. I think it can fit on the card since I reduced the text size and spacing. Also makes it more clear for the clank powers. I'm going to fix those and get set to start making attachment cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards