Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old April 28th, 2011, 07:47 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Billy Batson - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Ok I see. You basically use CM till he almost dies, then use Billy till either CM comes back or he dies.

Should you move the OMs from CM to Billy when he Recuperates? They are essentially the same person.
That wasn't the plan. That was also part of the risk.
Quote:
Can Captain Marvel use SHAZAM! SA anytime during the game as long as Billy is drafted or can he only use it on a turn when he was placed on the board by the Power of SHAZAM! special power?
That was the intention. The idea was that he only does the SHAZAM! lightning attack when he attempts to change so it is only available to him when you draft billy with him otherwise there is no attempt to change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
With that in mind, here's how I'd tweak the card to iron it out and smooth it over a bit ...

SHAZAM! SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 6.
If Billy Batson inflicts at least 1 wound with his SHAZAM! Special Attack, roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, each figure adjacent to the defending figure receives one unblockable wound. After attacking with SHAZAM! Special Attack, you may remove Billy Batson from the battlefield and place your Captain Marvel on the space previously occupied by Billy Batson.
this doesn't allow for CM to make the attack as we discussed.
Quote:
RECUPERATE
If your Captain Marvel would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, remove all wounds from his card and remove him from the battlefield. Place Billy Batson on the space previously occupied by Captain Marvel. After using the Recuperate special power, Billy Batson receives one wound.
  1. That's a good addition to add "your"
  2. Why change the order , I think it is mechanically correct to remove him from the battlefield first.
  3. What's difference do you think this wording has added over what I had which is shorter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Have you guys looked at the Secret Identity rule in the Fan 4 book? It is already complex. I would rather NOT create an optional rule, but just create actual design powers.

Quote:
Well if we keep the Secret Identity power, I think some rewording might be in order ... here's my attempt at it:

SECRET IDENTITY
Billy Batson and Captain Marvel may be controlled by the same player if one is not on the battlefield. You may start the game with Billy Batson on this card.
It works, I just don't think it flows when trying to read it, you have to think about the words too much to get the meaning & implications. I think we can still do better.

Cheers
Old April 29th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
With that in mind, here's how I'd tweak the card to iron it out and smooth it over a bit ...

SHAZAM! SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 6.
If Billy Batson inflicts at least 1 wound with his SHAZAM! Special Attack, roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, each figure adjacent to the defending figure receives one unblockable wound. After attacking with SHAZAM! Special Attack, you may remove Billy Batson from the battlefield and place your Captain Marvel on the space previously occupied by Billy Batson.
this doesn't allow for CM to make the attack as we discussed.
After looking at it all written up, I'm not sure I'm comfortable with one figure using a special attack written up on a different figure's card. It just opens up a can of worms of complexity and oddness that I'm not sure I'm ready for.
Also, thematically, I'm OK with it only coming into play when there's an actual threat of transformation.

Quote:
Quote:
RECUPERATE
If your Captain Marvel would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, remove all wounds from his card and remove him from the battlefield. Place Billy Batson on the space previously occupied by Captain Marvel. After using the Recuperate special power, Billy Batson receives one wound.
  1. That's a good addition to add "your"
  2. Why change the order , I think it is mechanically correct to remove him from the battlefield first.
  3. What's difference do you think this wording has added over what I had which is shorter?
1. Thanks!
2. I thought it flowed a little better, but I think you're probably right here.
3. The wording just sounded better and more "Scapey" to me. I think it's a little clearer as well.

Quote:
Quote:
Well if we keep the Secret Identity power, I think some rewording might be in order ... here's my attempt at it:

SECRET IDENTITY
Billy Batson and Captain Marvel may be controlled by the same player if one is not on the battlefield. You may start the game with Billy Batson on this card.
It works, I just don't think it flows when trying to read it, you have to think about the words too much to get the meaning & implications. I think we can still do better.

Cheers
[/quote]

I think we can do better too, that was just my attempt.
Maybe ...

SECRET IDENTITY
If you also control Captain Marvel, Billy Batson starts the game on this card.

?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 29th, 2011, 07:22 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In general for the theme of Secret Identities I would like to see a mechanic that shows how the super hero progresses. So start out as the non-super powered civilian version and then turn into the super hero after something happens, wound, destroy, d20 roll each turn, d20 roll each round, number of rounds, etc. I think it'd be cool for each civilian to have a different trigger before they turn into their super hero selves that sticks with the theme.

Ex: Clark Kent can only turn into Superman if he isn't within clear sight of a Human figure. Or Bruce Banner turns into Hulk after he takes a wound.
Old April 29th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Or Bruce Banner turns into Hulk after he takes a wound.
That's how I worked it on my NM24 Bruce Banner, but I'm not sure a C3G Bruce is needed with the way our Hulk is designed.
Old April 29th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

NAME = BILLY BATSON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CIVILIAN
PERSONALITY = INNOCENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 1

POINTS = ?

SECRET IDENTITY
This Billy Batson and Captain Marvel may be drafted in the same army. If you control Billy Batson and Captain Marvel, they cannot be on the battlefield at the same time.

SHAZAM!
When this Billy Batson is destroyed or receives any number of wounds, you may immediately remove him from the battlefield and place Captain Marvel on his space (if you control him). When that Captain Marvel is destroyed or receives any number of wounds, you may immediately remove him from the battlefield and place this Billy Batson on his space. A destroyed Billy Batson or Captain Marvel cannot be placed on the battlefield with this special power. After using this special power, each figure adjacent to this Billy Batson or Captain Marvel receive two wounds.

This was a bit of an overhaul of rewriting, but I think it really works. Both figures are interchangeable with the receiving of wounds or death with no D20 roll, and they DO NOT heal from this. Also, figures adjacent to them as they "switch" receive wounds, so that is where Billy can really get his value.

let me know what you think. I hope you like it.
Old April 29th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

One thing I think is that Billy should only be drafted with Captain Marverl so we don't have to have that custom-y sounding (if you control him) in there.
Old April 29th, 2011, 07:32 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

When he turns from Captain Marvel into Billy Batson would you still want that to trigger 2 wounds? or just the other way around?
Old April 29th, 2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
One thing I think is that Billy should only be drafted with Captain Marverl so we don't have to have that custom-y sounding (if you control him) in there.
I like that idea.
Old April 29th, 2011, 07:42 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
The official game has used that type of wording several times. I don't think it is customy. Also, I don't think there is ANY reason to draft Billy without CM, so why force anyone into something they will do naturally anyways? Also, what if they just want some cheap civilians for some cool synergies down the road, they can't do that if we force them to draft their expensive super counterparts. Also, talk about complicated wording, because you have to then cover the fact that Billy can't be in an army without CM, but he can still be mind controlled and taken from another army..... messy messy messy
Old April 29th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Tickle Pickle

I realized that you would still have to cover the whole mind control aspect and "if you control him" covers all that well.

Speaking of drafting him without CM, is he really Medium 4? Anyway we can do Small 4 like on Molly and the Moloids? I think Billy could be carried by Lightspeed.
Old April 29th, 2011, 07:49 PM

Cool idea. Also, I am starting to like the idea of actually creating a Civilian faction, that some of these future Civilian Secret Identities can actually work well in.
Old April 30th, 2011, 03:55 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I like your SHAZAM! Griff, can we shorten it like this:

Quote:
SHAZAM!
When either Billy Batson or Captain Marvel that you control are destroyed or they receive one or more wounds, you may remove that figure from the battlefield and place the other figure on that space. After using the SHAZAM! special power each figure adjacent to the placed figure receives two unblockable wounds.
It removes the idea you had of CM being able to use the lightning as an attack but this will certainly keep BB's cost down.

Is 2 wounds a bit too much though??

I am also fine with Tcglkn's idea to make him a Small 4.

Cheers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library