Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 8th, 2020, 05:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
The Book of Hellboy (II)

The Book of Hellboy (II)

C3G DARK HORSE WAVE 40
WAR OF THE INDEPENDENTS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. Action Pack.
Its model number and name are #001 / Hellboy.

Character Bio - Hellboy, or "Anung Un Rama" as he was called, was conceived on October 5, 1617, the day his birth-mother, Sarah Hughes, a human woman, was on her deathbed. In life, Sarah was a witch who gained her powers from being a consort of the archdemon, Azzael, an Archduke of Hell, and Hellboy's "biological" father. Azzael burned her away so their child would be born, and chopped off the newborn's right hand to replace it with the "Right Hand of Doom", a relic tied to the Ogdru Jahad.

The child is eventually summoned to Earth in the final months of World War II by the "Mad Monk" Grigori Rasputin on Tarmagant Island, off the coast of Scotland, having been commissioned by the Nazis to change the tide of a losing war ("Project Ragna Rok"). Proving not to be a devil, in the traditional sense, but a devil-like creature, the child was dubbed "Hellboy" by Professor Trevor "Broom" Bruttenholm. Taken by the United States Armed Forces to an Air Force base in New Mexico, Hellboy is raised by Professor Trevor Bruttenholm in as normal a home environment as possible (and as a Catholic), and the United States Army where the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense (BPRD) a private organization dedicated to combating occult threats, begins.

Due to the success of his first mission in 1952, Hellboy is granted "honorary human" status by the United Nations. Hellboy becomes the primary agent for the BPRD, alongside other human and quasi-human agents that include Kate Corrigan, a professor of folklore at New York University; Abe Sapien, an amphibian humanoid (Ichthyo sapiens); and Liz Sherman, a young pyrokinetic. (wikipedia)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; July 4th, 2021 at 03:19 PM.
Old September 8th, 2020, 05:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Hellboy II

NAME = HELLBOY (II)
SECRET IDENTITY = ANUNG UN RAMA

SPECIES = DEMON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = INVESTIGATOR
PERSONALITY = GRUFF

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 340

ALLIED AGAINST EVIL
At the start of the game, choose a Demon, Hunter, Investigator, or Slayer Unique Hero you control to be Hellboy's Partner. Then choose a species other than Human. After revealing an Order Maker on this card and taking a turn with Hellboy, you may take a turn with Hellboy's Partner. If you do, you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. Once per round, before Hellboy or his Partner roll attack dice for a special attack against a figure of the chosen species, you may choose to negate that figure's special powers until the end of the player turn.

WHOPPER ROUNDS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 2.
When attacking with this special attack, each skull rolled counts as an additional hit. Hellboy may only use this special attack once per round.

DEMONIC RESISTANCE
When targeted for an attack or special power by a figure with the Lava Resistant or Magical Defense special power, add one shield to any defense dice rolled, and subtract 2 from any 20-sided die rolls made by that figure. Hellboy ignores the effects of molten lava and lava field tiles.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by Yodaking; October 21st, 2020 at 10:53 PM.
Old September 8th, 2020, 05:46 PM
C3G Landlord

I think this is where the design ended up after the Last Chance workshop input. Only thing I wanted to point out was the mini option I was going with has him wielding a sword in his Doom hand. Want to make sure that is not some specific comic occurrence that needs to be referenced in some way on the card.

Oh, and I have the mini so I can provide the card pics once the sun returns.
Old September 8th, 2020, 05:54 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

They'll tear through figures like Spiderman. Interesting choice. They don't get much bonus against normal high-stat characters. Aside from just being real tough anyway. I'm liking it a lot.

I don't think you need the "+Special" in his SA, since it's not dice themselves you're adding, it's just an effect.
Old September 8th, 2020, 05:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Holdover from an earlier version, I dropped the bonus vs. specific creatures since the pick a monster power was added in. I'll trim that out.
Old September 8th, 2020, 05:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Oh, I settled on just making him an investigator again so he doesn't miss out on any synergy from his team but never picked anything for the personality. You all just want the same thing as the first card (Cavalier) or something different? Any useful personality hooks that might be a good fit here, the goal with this card is to get him into more army builds after all.
Old September 8th, 2020, 06:11 PM
C3G Landlord

Here are some sword in hand comic art options to match the mini:

Old September 8th, 2020, 06:13 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Pretty cool, I like it. There's not a whole lot of existing Personality synergy out there (check the synergy archive for a list), and none with synergy really fit Hellboy from what I know of the character. Maybe Fearless, but those are just immunities. Gruff is another (synergy-less) option.
Old September 8th, 2020, 06:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Hmmm I kind of like Gruff as I know I used that for The Thing II as well. Should any synergy ever occur that calls out Gruff UH's, it would be a fun team up. Hellboy II, his partner, The Thing II, & whoever calls out Gruff UH's for a power would be a nice little 4 figure team up.
Old September 8th, 2020, 07:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Gruff and Grim both work for me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 8th, 2020, 08:46 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Still confused about the Spawn shout-out, but otherwise like it.

Just to clarify, the Hellspawn call-out stands out to me as different from the rest because it doesn't feel like it's tapping into any sort of trope like the others are. And there's a clear thematic through-line with the others as monster-hunters that I don't think extends to Hellspawn. Like, I don't know who else would be one, but I'm not sure Hellboy would be quick to team up with em on the grounds that they were Hellspawn.

Last edited by Ronin; September 8th, 2020 at 09:14 PM.
Old September 8th, 2020, 09:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Spawn is pretty good on his own and not overlooked like some of the others, so it's not that he needs the hook here. Just seemed like a natural team-up as they are both products of hell that have turned against and now actively fight against the evils found there. I also like the fact they are both demons so they could be drafted together as partners in a greater demon themed army build. Would it work better for you if he teamed up with Conflicted heroes as he understands their inner turmoil?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library